This article will demonstrate how to install Shudder TV on your FireStick, even if you’re not in one of the regions officially supported by the app. The instructions in the guide are applicable for all Fire TV devices, including FireStick Lite, Fire TV Cube, FireStick 4K Max, and FireStick 4K.
What Is Shudder?
Shudder, or Shudder TV, is an American video-on-demand subscription service that focuses on horror, thriller, suspense, and supernatural content. The majority of the content is in 1080p. Since it’s a paid service, it doesn’t show any ads.
You can subscribe to Shudder TV directly via the official website. Or you can subscribe to the service via Amazon Prime Video, Roku, or Google Play accounts.
At the time of writing, Shudder is available in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand. However, you can use a trustworthy VPN service like ExpressVPN to access Shudder TV from anywhere in the world.
Attention, FireStick Users!
Governments and ISPs constantly monitor your online activity, and accessing copyrighted content on your Fire TV Stick could lead to serious trouble. Currently, your IP is visible to everyone. I strongly recommend getting the best FireStick VPN to mask your IP address and securely stream your favorites.
I personally use ExpressVPN, the fastest and most secure VPN available. Not only is it easy to install on any device, it comes with a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee. Plus, if you're not 100% satisfied, you can always get a refund. ExpressVPN is currently also offering a whopping 3 extra months free on their annual plan!
Pricing of Shudder
As a premium streaming service, Shudder TV doesn’t offer any freebies. Sure, you can create a free account, but you won’t be able to watch anything using it. Shudder TV offers two types of subscriptions for those who are interested in the service.
- Monthly: $5.99 per month + tax
- Yearly: $57 each year ($4.75 per month with savings of about 20%)
With either subscription, you get a 7-day free trial.
How to Subscribe to Shudder
Follow the steps below to subscribe to Shudder TV.
1. First, open your web browser and go to www.shudder.com.
2. Click on the TRY 7 DAYS FREE button in the top-right corner or near the middle of your screen.
3. On the account creation screen, enter your email address and set a password for your account.
4. Once you have entered your information, click on Create Your Free Account.
5. Next, you’ll see two subscription options, per month and per year. Note that whichever plan you choose, you won’t be charged until the end of your 7-day free trial. I’m selecting the monthly plan, as I don’t want to commit to Shudder for a whole year.
6. Next, scroll down to the payment section and enter the required information.
Note: Shudder only accept debit/credit cards from the regions where it’s available, like the US, the UK, Canada, etc. If it isn’t accepting your information, your card may not be eligible to purchase a Shudder TV subscription.
7. There’s a drop-down menu to enter a promo code. If you have one, click on Promo Code to reveal the input box, then enter the code and click on the APPLY button.
8. Scroll down and go through the subscription summary. To confirm it, click on the Start Your Free Trial button.
9. Next, you’ll probably come across a verification process for your payment method. Once you are done verifying the purchase, follow the on-screen instructions to complete your purchase successfully.
Congratulations! You have bought a premium subscription to Shudder TV. Now, you can access the entire horror library of Shudder on any of your favorite devices, including FireStick, Chromecast, Android, Apple TV, Samsung Smart TV, Roku TV, Xbox, iPhone, and Android.
How to Install Shudder on FireStick
Now I’ll show you how you can install the Shudder app on your FireStick.
The Shudder app is officially available on the Amazon App Store. But as Shudder is a region-limited service, you won’t find it in regions other than the ones I mentioned: the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand. But you can still get the app—more on that after the official installation.
If you live in an eligible region, here’s how to install Shudder TV on your FireStick:
1. Go to your Fire TV home screen.
2. Click on Find.
Note: In the newest FireStick interface, this button has been replaced with a magnifying glass.
3. Scroll down and select Search.
4. Enter Shudder, then select Shudder from the suggested searches.
5. When you arrive on the search results, scroll right and select Shudder.
6. You’ll land on the Shudder dashboard. Click on the Download or Get button to start the download the app.
7. When the app is finished installing, the icon will change to Open.
Congratulations! You have installed the Shudder app on your FireStick.
How to Get Shudder If It’s Missing From Amazon App Store
Didn’t find the Shudder app on your FireStick? This means your Amazon account isn’t set to a region where the Shudder app is available.
You can fix the issue simply by changing the region of your Amazon account to the US. The US region of the Amazon App Store features the most applications.
Check out these step-by-step instructions to change your Amazon account region.
How to Sideload Shudder TV APK on FireStick
Sideloading refers to downloading and installing the APK file for an app via a third-party source. You can do this from anywhere in the world.
In this section, I’ll show you how to sideload Shudder TV on your FireStick. I’ve split the sideloading process into two parts to help you follow along.
Part 1: Prepare Your FireStick to Download Shudder
We need to prepare our device in order to sideload Shudder on FireStick.
The first step is to install Downloader on FireStick. With this app, we can download and install apps from third-party websites via APK files.
Next, we’ll enable unknown sources for the Downloader app. Without doing this, we won’t be able to use the Downloader app to sideload the Shudder TV APK on FireStick.
You can accomplish both of these prerequisites by following our detailed guide on how to set up Downloader on FireStick.
Once you are done preparing your FireStick using the steps in that guide, proceed to part 2 below.
Part 2: Install Shudder on Your FireStick
Now we’re all set to sideload the Shudder APK on FireStick. Follow the instructions below.
1. On your FireStick remote, press and hold the home button until the following menu appears. Then select Apps.
2. Click Downloader. If you can’t see it, scroll down and select App Library, as you’ll find all your apps there.
Note: On your first launch of Downloader, you’ll come across two pop-ups. The first one will ask you to allow access to your data, and the second one will include some information about Downloader. Allow both permissions to continue.
3. On the right portion of Downloader, select the input box under Enter a URL or Search Term.
4. When the input window appears, enter https://bit.ly/39OeBw7 and click the Go button.
Note: I shortened a URL leading to APKPure.com, where the APK file for Shudder is hosted. We at FireStickTricks.com do not own or host any APKs.
5. Once the website loads, scroll down and click Download APK.
6. If an ad pops up, close it by clicking the Close or X button.
7. Wait for APKPure to get your file ready for download. After a few seconds, the APK file will start downloading.
8. Once it’s done, click on the INSTALL button.
9. Wait for the installation to complete and click DONE.
10. Then, you’ll be back on the Downloader app. Click on the Delete button. As you have installed the app already, the APK file for Shudder doesn’t serve a purpose anymore.
11. Lastly, click on the Delete button once again to confirm your choice.
And that’s a wrap! You have successfully sideloaded the Shudder TV APK on FireStick.
How to Use Shudder Outside of the US/UK/Canada
Are you living outside of the regions where Shudder is available? Don’t worry, I have your back.
To use Shudder in regions where it isn’t available, you just need to use a VPN service like ExpressVPN. I don’t recommend any free VPN services, as the majority of them are bogus and even harmful.
Once you get your hands on ExpressVPN, you just need to connect to a US server. After that, you can open the Shudder app, and everything will work as if you are accessing Shudder from the US.
Follow the steps below to get ExpressVPN on FireStick.
Step 1: Subscribe to ExpressVPN HERE. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Meaning, you can use it free for the first 30-days and if you are not satisfied with the performance (which is highly unlikely), you can ask for a full refund. Step 2: Power ON your Fire TV Stick and go to Find followed by Search option. Step 3: Now type “Expressvpn” (without quotes) in the search bar and select ExpressVPN when it shows up in the search results. Step 4: Click Download to install the ExpressVPN app on Fire TV / Stick. Step 5: Open the app and enter the login credentials that you created while buying the ExpressVPN subscription. Click Sign in. Step 6: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That’s all. Your connection is now secure with the fastest and best VPN for FireStick. You can also read more detailed info on using ExpressVPN with Fire TV / Stick.
Step 1: Subscribe to ExpressVPN HERE. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Meaning, you can use it free for the first 30-days and if you are not satisfied with the performance (which is highly unlikely), you can ask for a full refund.
Step 2: Power ON your Fire TV Stick and go to Find followed by Search option.
Step 3: Now type “Expressvpn” (without quotes) in the search bar and select ExpressVPN when it shows up in the search results.
Step 4: Click Download to install the ExpressVPN app on Fire TV / Stick.
Step 5: Open the app and enter the login credentials that you created while buying the ExpressVPN subscription. Click Sign in.
Step 6: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That’s all. Your connection is now secure with the fastest and best VPN for FireStick.
You can also read more detailed info on using ExpressVPN with Fire TV / Stick.
How to Use Shudder on FireStick
Now I’ll show how to use the Shudder TV app on your FireStick.
Let’s start by launching the app. First, press and hold the home button on your FireStick remote. When the menu appears, select Apps.
Next, you’ll see tiles for the apps installed on your Fire TV. Select Shudder.
Note: Can’t find the app? Select the App Library tile, and there you’ll find Shudder.
The Shudder app will start loading. But if you access Shudder outside the eligible regions you’ll receive the following error.
So, make sure to turn on ExpressVPN if you face the error. Then, wait for the app to load. If an intro video starts playing, you can click on the Skip button after a few seconds to close the video player.
And there you have it, you are now on the login/signup page of Shudder TV.
Now, you have to log in to your Shudder account so that you can access the premium Shudder library.
To do that, click on the Log In button.
Note: You can also log in by clicking on the Log In Via Browser button. Or if you still need to sign up, you can click on the Start Your Free Trial button.
Enter the email address for your Shudder account.
Click on the Continue button to enter your password next.
Enter your password and click on the Continue button.
Wait a few seconds to let the Shudder app load your credentials and sign you in. After that, you’ll land on the Shudder home screen.
Note: If you haven’t purchased a premium Shudder subscription (like I haven’t), the Shudder home screen will look like this.
Let’s explore the first section of the Shudder TV app, Featured.
From movies to TV series, you’ll see all the content that’s currently being featured for subscribers. Click on the right/left button on your FireStick remote to cycle through the main featured content on Shudder. You can also scroll down to see rows of content in other categories.
Want to explore specific collections of different supernatural shows, thrilling movies, and more? There’s a special section dedicated to horror collections. Select the Collections tab to check it out.
There are tabs for Movies and Series as well that are organized similarly. Go ahead and explore them if you want.
Do you have something specific in mind? Stop looking for it manually and go to the Search tab on the Shudder TV app. Then, enter the name of the content you’re looking for.
The search results will appear on the right side of your screen.
Finally, we have the Account tab. In this section, you’ll find your account details and support documents. Also, you can use the Logout feature to sign out of your account.
If you are into horror, Shudder TV is the place to be. There’s no streaming service that competes with Shudder when it comes to scary content.
In this article, I covered everything about Shudder, including how to subscribe to the service, how to install Shudder on FireStick in any region, and how to navigate the app.
If you feel like I missed something or you have questions, feel free to share your thoughts in the comments section. Until then, happy cord-cutting!
- How to Install BT TV on FireStick
- How to Install Stremium App on FireStick
- How to Install Peacock TV on FireStick
- How to Install & Use Popcornflix on FireStick
Disclosure - FireStickTricks.com is reader-supported blog. When you buy a product through links on our site, we may earn commission. Learn More