Today I will show you how to install Stremium app on FireStick. You may follow these steps on any Fire TV variant, including Fire TV Cube, FireStick Lite, and FireStick 4K, as well as Android devices. First, I’ll tell you what Stremium does, then I’ll show you how to install it.
What Is Stremium?
Streaming your favorite TV channels has never been easier. Meet Stremium (formerly FitzyTV), a streaming app that turns your FireStick and Android devices into a DVR (digital video recorder) for streaming TV channels. With Stremium, you can watch live TV, search for TV series, and view upcoming episodes.
Busy with other commitments? No problem, you can record the shows you’re interested in and play them back whenever you have time. Notably, you can access your recordings anytime and on any device.
Stremium has a free plan, as well as monthly and yearly subscriptions. You can download the app directly through the Amazon App Store. However, in case you need a backup method, I have also provided you with the steps to sideload the Stremium app on your FireStick using another app called Downloader. Let’s dive in.
Attention, FireStick Users!
Governments and ISPs constantly monitor your online activity, and accessing copyrighted content on your Fire TV Stick could lead to serious trouble. Currently, your IP is visible to everyone. I strongly recommend getting the best FireStick VPN to mask your IP address and securely stream your favorites.
I personally use ExpressVPN, the fastest and most secure VPN available. Not only is it easy to install on any device, it comes with a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee. Plus, if you're not 100% satisfied, you can always get a refund. ExpressVPN is currently also offering a whopping 3 extra months free on their annual plan!
How to Install Stremium on FireStick
First, I’ll show you how to install Stremium from the Amazon App Store.
1. Start on your FireStick home screen and go to Find. Now click Search.
2. Type in Stremium. Scroll below the virtual keyboard and select Stremium from the list of suggestions.
3. Find and choose Stremium under APPS AND GAMES.
4. Click the Download or Get button to install it on your FireStick.
Congratulations, Stremium is installed on your FireStick!
Highly recommended if streaming with free or low-cost services 👇
How to Stream on FireStick Anonymously
As soon as you install the right apps, your FireStick is all ready to stream your favorite content. However, before you start, I would like to warn you that everything you stream online is visible to your ISP and Government. This means, streaming free movies, TV shows, Sports might get you into legal trouble.
Thankfully, there is a foolproof way to keep all your streaming activities hidden from your ISP and the Government. All you need is a good VPN for Fire Stick. A VPN will mask your original IP which is and will help you bypass Online Surveillance, ISP throttling, and content geo-restrictions.
I personally use and recommend ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is compatible with all kinds of streaming apps and is very easy to install on Fire TV / Stick.
We do not encourage the violation of copyright laws. But, what if you end up streaming content from an illegitimate source unintentionally? It is not always easy to tell the difference between a legit and illegal source.
So, before you start streaming on your Fire Stick / Fire TV, let’s see how to use ExpressVPN to keep your streaming activities hidden from prying eyes.
Step 1: Subscribe to ExpressVPN HERE. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Meaning, you can use it free for the first 30-days and if you are not satisfied with the performance (which is highly unlikely), you can ask for a full refund.
Step 2: Power ON your Fire TV Stick and go to Find followed by Search option.
Step 3: Now type “Expressvpn” (without quotes) in the search bar and select ExpressVPN when it shows up in the search results.
Step 4: Click Download to install the ExpressVPN app on Fire TV / Stick.
Step 5: Open the app and enter the login credentials that you created while buying the ExpressVPN subscription. Click Sign in.
Step 6: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That’s all. Your connection is now secure with the fastest and best VPN for FireStick.
You can also read more detailed info on using ExpressVPN with Fire TV / Stick.
How to Install Stremium on FireStick with Downloader
If you have already installed the app via Amazon App Store, you do not need to follow these steps. However, you can go through it if you want, for educational purposes.
Part 1: Preparing FireStick to Install Stremium
For this method, we will sideload Stremium using Downloader, an app in the Amazon App Store. Downloader allows FireStick users to easily get files from anywhere online.
I encourage you to use this method if you don’t already have a Downloader or aren’t comfortable with sideloading. Understanding the process of sideloading with Downloader will likely come in handy later, especially if you follow more of our guides.
1. Scroll to Find on the FireStick home screen. Select Search.
2. Type in Downloader. When you see Downloader appear under the on-screen keyboard, select it.
3. On the page of search results, pick Downloader.
4. Select Download or Get.
Because we’re sideloading in this method, we’ll quickly make some changes to our settings.
5. On your home screen, go to the settings gear.
6. Click My Fire TV.
7. Now choose Developer options.
8. Click Install unknown apps.
Note: If you see Apps from Unknown Sources, click it so that it is on ON, and skip step 10 below.
9. Click Downloader, turning it ON.
Part 2: Sideloading Stremium APK on FireStick
1. Launch Downloader. On the home screen, select the text box labeled Enter a URL.
2. Type in http://www.firesticktricks.com/strm and select Go to begin the download.
Note: FireStickTricks.com doesn’t host or distribute this APK. The above link simply redirects to the original source of the APK file.
3.The app will start to download.
4. When the file is downloaded, click INSTALL. Wait a moment for the installation.
5. After the installation, select DONE.
6. Choose to Delete in order to remove the Stremium APK from your FireStick’s storage. We already used the APK file to install Stremium, so we don’t need it anymore.
7. Select Delete once more.
How to Add Stremium to Your FireStick Home Page
You can add Stremium to the bar of apps accessible on the home screen.
1. On your FireStick home screen, select the view all button on the right, as highlighted in the screenshot below.
2. Scroll to Stremium (but do not select it). Press your remote’s menu button.
3. Choose Move.
4. Use the directional buttons on your remote to put Stremium in the top row of apps. Press your remote’s select button to finalize Stremium’s new location.
5. Stremium is now easily accessible on your home screen.
How to Set Up Stremium on FireStick
First, you need to create a Stremium account and link it to your device to make the most out of the app. Let’s see how to do that now.
1. Launch Stremium from your home screen. You will get a unique link code. For example, mine was VBUFDU.
2. Open your internet browser on any device, such as your phone, and go to www.stremium.com/link. Create your account by registering with Facebook or with your email. If you already have a Stremium account, click I already have an account.
3. Upon registering, you will be taken to the Stremium dashboard.
Note: In the account management dashboard, you can manage your channels, providers, and subscription.
4. Click on ADD DEVICE in the top-right corner.
5. Type in your unique link code and click on LINK TV. Remember to use the link code that was provided to you, not the example I gave in this guide.
6. At the top of your screen, you will see a green message indicating You have successfully linked your TV.
7. Now choose the plan that works best for you. By default, you will be on the free plan. If you get a monthly or yearly plan, you can choose a range of DVR capacities, from 25 hours to 100 hours.
8. Once you choose a plan, you’ll be able to add TV providers. Sign in to any TV providers you have. Here are the current options:
Stremium App Overview
The interface of Stremium is rich and informative, but it’s easy to understand, even for beginners. The home screen is a list of channels and their schedules. Want to learn more about a program? Just click on it to read a summary.
If you scroll left with your FireStick remote, you can access the options All Channels, DVR, and Settings. All Channels will take you back to the same home screen: the list of channels and their schedules.
Initially, you get DVR free for 7 days. If you would like to continue using DVR after that, you need to pick up a subscription plan. If you select Settings, you can add or remove TV providers, tweak DVR recordings, and manage channels.
I tried playing several channels, both live and recorded—they worked perfectly. There is no option to integrate an external media player, like MX Player or VLC Player, but the default media player is effective. It has buttons for play/pause, rewind/forward, previous/next, and record.
If you want to record a single episode or an entire series, simply press the red circle. Then you can choose the settings accordingly.
Even with no subscription and no providers, you can currently access around 62 channels. And more channels are continuously being added, which is awesome.
Stremium is among the best FireStick apps for live TV and integrated DVR. If you face any difficulties in installing the app on your device, leave a comment. I will get back quickly.
- How to Install APK Time on FireStick
- How to Install Disney Plus on FireStick
- How to Install Apple TV on FireStick
- How to Install Hulu on FireStick
Suberboost Your FireStick with My Free Guide
Stay Ahead: Weekly Insights on the Latest in Free Streaming!
No spam, ever. Unsubscribe anytime.
Disclosure - FireStickTricks.com is reader-supported blog. When you buy a product through links on our site, we may earn commission. Learn More