In this guide, I will show you how to install Git Browser on Kodi. The method demonstrated works on all Kodi supported platforms, which includes, but not limited to, Amazon FireStick, Windows PC, Mac, Android Smartphones and more.
GitHub is the most widely used version control hosting service and free software distribution platform. It hosts hundreds of thousands of codes and software programs from software development companies and independent developers. GitHub is also one of the most popular hosts to Kodi addon repositories.
One way to install repositories on Kodi is to point Kodi to the GitHub server with the corresponding URL of the repositories. The other way is to get the Git Browser and download the repositories directly from the source. Installing the repositories directly makes things somewhat easy. In this tutorial, you will learn to install Git Browser from the Indigo Kodi addon. I will also show you how to get started with it.
How to Install Git Browser on Kodi
Git Browser is the part of Indigo addon. To install Indigo Kodi addon, we must first tweak the following security setting:
- Run Kodi and then from the home-screen click Settings
- Go to System Settings
- Select Add-ons on the left of the screen
- Go to the right of the screen and switch on the option Unknown Sources
- Click Yes when prompted
Install Indigo Addon Installer for GitHub Browser
You are now ready to install the Indigo Kodi addon. From this addon, we will install the Git Browser on Kodi. Here are the steps:
- Click Settings on the Kodi home-screen
- Open File manager
- Click Add source
- Click where it says <None>
- Type in the following URL exactly as given here: http://fusion.tvaddons.co
- Highlight Enter a name for this media source and type in any name you want to give to the source you added.
Let’s go with fusion. Click OK
- Go back to Kodi home-screen
- Click Add-ons
- Select the open-box icon in the upper-left corner of the next screen (also called Package installer)
- Click Install from zip file
- Click fusion (or whatever you named the source earlier)
- Open the option begin-here
- Click the zip file plugin.program.indigo-4.0.8.zip
Click this zip file even if it has a different version number than what it was while writing this guide
- Wait for the Indigo Add-on installed notification. You will see it on the top-right of the screen
Install Git Browser Using Indigo Addon
Continued from the last step of the Indigo addon installation…
- Go back to the Kodi home-screen again
- Go to Add-ons > Program Add-ons
- Open Indigo Kodi addon
- Open Addon Installer
- Click Git Browser
- When prompted, choose Yes
- Wait for Git Browser to install.
- You have successfully installed the Git Browser on Kodi. Let me now quickly show you to use it to install repositories.
How to use Git Browser to Install GitHub Kodi Addons
1. Navigate from the Kodi home-screen, go to Addons > Program Addons and open Indigo addon. Now go to Addon Installer > Git Browser
2. When the following prompt appears, hit the esc key on your keyboard or the OK key on your remote to get rid of it
3. Choose Search by GitHub Username
4. Click New Search
5. On the following screen, you will enter the GitHub username of the Kodi repository you wish to install. Each repository has a unique username. For instance, I-A-C is the username for Exodus Redux Repository for Exodus Redux addon
6. Click the repository zip file of the repository you wish to install. For example, we entered I-A-C username that belongs to Exodus Redux Repository. So, click the file repository.exodusredux.x.x.x.zip
Note: Only click the repository file to install the repository even when you see other files on this screen.
Git Browser is easier for you to install repositories and addons that are hosted on GitHub platform. Instead of going through the long-drawn process of adding the source and installing the repo, you may install the repository directly from the source. Even though Git Browser is not the most popular way to download addons and repos, I believe it is one of the best ways to do it.
Related:Disclaimer - FireStickTricks.com does not verify the legality or security of any add-ons, apps or services mentioned on this site. Also, we do not promote, host or link to copyright-protected streams. We highly discourage piracy and strictly advise our readers to avoid it at all costs. Any mention of free streaming on our site is purely meant for copyright-free content that is available in the Public domain. Read our full disclaimer.