In this tutorial, you will learn to install Rising Tides addon on Kodi 18.3/18.2 Leia and Kodi 17.6 Krypton. The method laid out in this guide works on Amazon FireStick, Fire TV Stick 4K, Fire TV Cube, Android Mobiles & Tablets, Windows & Mac Computers, and all other devices that support Kodi.
Rising Tides is a sports addon for Kodi that brings to you a wide range of streams in various categories. You can play sports highlights and live sports channels through this addon. The content library is moderately big and new streams are added every now and then.
You will find many working streams in the IPTV/Live Sports TV section of Rising Tides addon. However, as is the case with all Live TV addons, especially the ones dedicated to sports coverage, you may run into some offline streams or channels. Still, there are plenty of streaming options.
Update: Rising Tides is no longer available. Please try one of the other Sports Addons from our list of Best Kodi Addons.
How to Install Rising Tides Kodi Addon
I will now take you through the detailed instructions to install Rising Tides Kodi addon. It usually takes just a few minutes to install this addon. Let’s get started.
Mandatory Prerequisite: Enable Unknown Sources
Kodi is a secure app and to make sure your devices do not get affected by the malicious programs, it prevents the installation of third-party add-ons and builds by default. However, we are going to install a safe add-on and hence this security restriction needs to be bypassed. Here is what you need to do:
1. Open Kodi app on your device and navigate to the top-left of the screen. Highlight the cog icon and click it to open Settings
2. Go to the System settings on the following screen
Or, click System if you have upgraded to Kodi Leia
3. Select the menu item Add-ons on the left part of the window and go to the right part where you will find Unknown Sources. Switch this option ON if it is disabled or OFF
4. When prompted, click Yes to confirm your intent.
Note: You may disable Unknown Sources again after installing Rising Tides
Now we install the Rising Tides addon on Kodi.
Step-by-Step Rising Tides Addon Installation Instructions
Here are the steps:
1. Go back to the home-screen of Kodi to open the Settings option again
2. Within Settings, click File manager on this screen
3. Click Add source when this window is displayed
4. Go ahead and click where you see the <None> option on this screen
5. Type in the following URL carefully when you see this window with the onscreen keyboard: http://mullafabz.xyz/Repository/
Note: Type the path exactly as I have provided
6. Now select the field that says Enter a name for this media source and type any name you wish to identify the above added source/URL with.
I am picking the source name mulla
Click OK after ensuring everything has been entered correctly
Up until this point, you added the Rising Tides source. Next few steps are about installing Rising Tides Repository
7. Press the back button repeatedly until you return to the home-screen of Kodi. Click Add-ons
8. Go to the top-left corner and open Package installer option (this is the option that looks like an open box as you see in the following image)
9. Choose Install from zip file next
10. Click mulla or click the source name that you chose in step 6 earlier
11. Go ahead and open the zip file repository.Rising.Tides-x.x.zip.
Note: the version number of this zip file may be different from what you see in the image if it has been updated
12. The notification saying Rising Tides Repository Add-on installed will appear on your display in the top-right corner.
You have successfully installed the desired repository. Next steps will install the Rising Tides addon on Kodi
13. Open Install from repository (on the same window)
14. Click Rising Tides Repository
15. Choose Video add-ons next
16. Click Rising Tides
17. Click Install next
Click OK when the following prompt appears (Kodi Leia only)
18. Wait for the notification Rising Tides Add-on installed. It will appear in the top-right corner of your display
19. (Optional but recommended) Click SportsDevil addon and click Install on the next screen to install it. Some Rising Tides streams require SportsDevil to be installed to play. When you open such a stream, Rising Tides will anyway prompt you to install SportsDevil.
You have successfully installed Rising Tides addon on Kodi.
Before you start streaming with Kodi Addons / Builds, I would like to warn you that everything you stream on Kodi is visible to your ISP and Government. This means, streaming copyrighted content (free movies, TV shows, Sports) might get you into legal trouble.
Kodi users are strongly advised to connect a VPN while streaming. A VPN for Kodi will bypass ISP throttling, Government Surveillance, and geo-restriction on popular Add-ons. I always connect ExpressVPN on all my streaming devices and I suggest you do the same.
ExpressVPN is the fastest and most secure VPN. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Meaning, you can use it freely for the first 30-days and if you are not satisfied with the performance (which is highly unlikely), you can ask for the full refund.
NOTE: We do not encourage the violation of the copyright laws. But, what if you end up streaming content from an illegitimate source unintentionally? It is not always easy to tell the difference between a legit and illegal source.
So, before you start streaming on Kodi, here's how to get VPN protection in 3 simple steps.
Step 1: Get the ExpressVPN subscription HERE.
Step 2: Click HERE to download and install the ExpressVPN app on your device.
Step 3: Click the Power icon to connect a VPN server. That's all. Your connection is now secure with the fastest and best VPN for Kodi.
How to Use Rising Tides Addon on Kodi
The first thing you want to do is open the Rising Tides addon. That you can do by navigating to Add-ons > Video add-ons from the Kodi home-screen. Click the Rising Tides icon:
Note: You can also access Rising Tides from the Kodi home-screen. Select Add-ons on the left and find the Rising Tides addon in the Video add-ons section on the right
Rising Tides is a straightforward addon with a simple interface. It lets you start streaming quickly. Here are the main options on the home-screen:
- Football Highlights
- Sports Channels
- Acestream Live Events
- Live Football
- Live PPV Events
- Extra Live Content
- IPTV Heaven
While Rising Tides has a lot of working streams, some videos may not work all the time. You will want to browse these categories to find the working streams.
As I have already said, offline-streams is not a problem unique to Rising Tides. Maintaining a sizeable and working library of live TV streams is no easy feat, especially when it is being provided free.
You may need to keep multiple sports addon to get access to a varying range of sports content. SportsDevil is also a good option, which you can also install from the Rising Tides repository.
Rising Tides Kodi addon brings to you a whole bunch of sports streams. As is evident, the add-on focuses primarily on Football and PPV events. It may not be the perfect sports addon, but it has plenty of options to keep you busy for a while.
Legal Disclaimer - FireStickTricks.com does not verify the legality or security of any add-ons, apps or services mentioned on this site. Also, we do not promote, host or link to copyright-protected streams. We highly discourage piracy and strictly advise our readers to avoid it at all costs. Any mention of free streaming on our site is purely meant for copyright-free content that is available in the Public domain. Read our full disclaimer.
Disclosure - FireStickTricks.com is reader-supported blog. When you buy a product through links on our site, we may earn commission. Learn More