In this tutorial, you will learn to install the Rising Tides addon on Kodi 19 Matrix and Kodi 18 Leia and lower versions. The method laid out in this guide works on Amazon FireStick, Fire TV Stick 4K, Fire TV Cube, FireStick Lite, Android Mobiles & Tablets, Windows & Mac Computers, and all other devices that support Kodi.
Rising Tides is a sports addon for Kodi that brings to you a wide range of streams in various categories. You can play sports highlights and live sports channels through this addon. The content library is moderately big and new streams are added every now and then.
You will find many working streams in the IPTV/Live Sports TV section of the Rising Tides addon. However, as is the case with all Live TV addons, especially the ones dedicated to sports coverage, you may run into some offline streams or channels. Still, there are plenty of streaming options.
How to Install Rising Tides Kodi Addon
I will now take you through the detailed instructions to install the Rising Tides Kodi addon. It usually takes just a few minutes to install this addon. Let’s get started.
Attention, Kodi Users!
Kodi Addons and builds offer unlimited streaming content, but could also get you into legal trouble if caught streaming free movies, TV shows, or sports. Currently, your IP is visible to everyone. Kodi users are strongly advised to always connect a VPN while streaming online. A good Kodi VPN hides your identity, bypasses government surveillance, geo-blocked content, and ISP throttling (which also helps in buffer-free streaming).
I personally use ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is very easy to install on any device including Amazon FireStick. You get 3-months free and save 49% on its annual plans. Also, it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you are not satisfied, you can always ask for a refund.
Mandatory Prerequisite: Enable Unknown Sources
Kodi is a secure app and to make sure your devices do not get affected by malicious programs, it prevents the installation of third-party add-ons and builds by default. However, we are going to install a safe add-on and hence this security restriction needs to be bypassed. Here is what you need to do:
1. Open Kodi app on your device and navigate to the top-left of the screen. Highlight the cog icon and click it to open Settings.
2. Go to the System Settings on the following screen.
Or, click System if you have upgraded to Kodi Leia
3. Select the menu item Add-ons on the left part of the window and go to the right part where you will find Unknown Sources. Switch this option ON if it is disabled or OFF.
4. When prompted, click Yes to confirm your intent.
Note: You may disable Unknown Sources again after installing Rising Tides
Now we install the Rising Tides addon on Kodi.
Step-by-Step Rising Tides Addon Installation Instructions
Here are the steps:
1. Go back to the home screen of Kodi to open the Settings option again.
2. Within Settings, click File manager on this screen.
3. Click Add source when this window is displayed.
4. Go ahead and click where you see the <None> option on this screen.
5. Type one of the following URLs carefully when you see this window with the onscreen keyboard:
Kodi 19 Matrix: http://mullafabz.xyz/Repository/K19
Kodi 18 Leia: http://mullafabz.xyz/Repository/
Note: Type the path exactly as I have provided
6. Now select the field that says Enter a name for this media source and type any name you wish to identify the above-added source/URL with.
I am picking the source name mulla
Click OK after ensuring everything has been entered correctly
Up until this point, you added the Rising Tides source. Next few steps are about installing Rising Tides Repository
7. Press the back button repeatedly until you return to the home screen of Kodi. Click Add-ons.
8. Go to the top-left corner and open the Package installer option (this is the option that looks like an open box as you see in the following image)
9. Choose Install from zip file next.
10. Click mulla or click the source name that you chose in step 6 earlier.
11. Go ahead and open the zip file repository.Rising.Tides-x.x.zip.
Note: the version number of this zip file may be different from what you see in the image if it has been updated
12. The notification saying Rising Tides Repository Add-on installed will appear on your display in the top-right corner.
You have successfully installed the desired repository. Next steps will install the Rising Tides addon on Kodi
13. Open Install from repository (on the same window)
14. Click Rising Tides Repository.
15. Choose Video add-ons next.
16. Click Rising Tides.
17. Click Install next.
Click OK when the following prompt appears (Kodi Leia only)
18. Wait for the notification Rising Tides Add-on installed. It will appear in the top-right corner of your display.
19. (Optional but recommended) Click SportsDevil addon and click Install on the next screen to install it. Some Rising Tides streams require SportsDevil to be installed to play. When you open such a stream, Rising Tides will anyway prompt you to install SportsDevil.
You have successfully installed the Rising Tides addon on Kodi.
Before you start streaming with Kodi Addons or Builds, I would like to warn you that everything you stream on Kodi is visible to your ISP and Government. This means, streaming copyrighted content (free movies, TV shows, live TV, and Sports) might get you into legal trouble.
Thankfully, there is a foolproof way to keep all your streaming activities hidden from your ISP and the Government. All you need is a good VPN for Kodi. A VPN will mask your original IP which is and will help you bypass Online Surveillance, ISP throttling, and content geo-restrictions.
I personally use and recommend ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is compatible with all kinds of streaming apps and devices.
NOTE: We do not encourage the violation of copyright laws. But, what if you end up streaming content from an illegitimate source unintentionally? It is not always easy to tell the difference between a legit and illegal source.
So, before you start streaming on Kodi, here's how to get VPN protection in 3 simple steps.
Step 1: Get the ExpressVPN subscription HERE. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Meaning, you can use it free for the first 30-days and if you are not satisfied with the performance (which is highly unlikely), you can ask for a full refund.
Step 2: Click HERE to download and install the ExpressVPN app on your streaming device. If you are using a FireStick, I have given the exact steps starting with Step 4 below.
Step 3: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That's all. Your connection is now secure with the fastest and best VPN for Kodi.
The following are the steps to install Kodi VPN on your Fire TV devices. If you have other streaming devices, follow Step 1-3 above.
Step 4: Subscribe to ExpressVPN HERE (if not subscribed already).
Step 5: Go to Fire TV Stick home screen. Click Find followed by Search option (see image below).
Step 6: Type Expressvpn in the search bar and select when it shows up.
Step 7: Click Download.
Step 8: Open the ExpressVPN app and Sign in using the email ID and password that you created while buying the ExpressVPN subscription.
Step 9: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That’s all. Your FireStick is now secured with the fastest VPN.
How to Use Rising Tides Addon on Kodi
The first thing you want to do is open the Rising Tides addon. That you can do by navigating to Add-ons > Video add-ons from the Kodi home-screen. Click the Rising Tides icon:
Note: You can also access Rising Tides from the Kodi home screen. Select Add-ons on the left and find the Rising Tides addon in the Video add-ons section on the right
Rising Tides is a straightforward addon with a simple interface. It lets you start streaming quickly.
While Rising Tides has a lot of working streams, some videos may not work all the time. You will want to browse these categories to find the working streams.
As I have already said, offline streams is not a problem unique to Rising Tides. Maintaining a sizeable and working library of live TV streams is no easy feat, especially when it is being provided free.
You may need to keep multiple sports add-ons to get access to a varying range of sports content. SportsDevil is also a good option, which you can also install from the Rising Tides repository.
Rising Tides Kodi addon brings to you a whole bunch of sports streams. It may not be the perfect sports add-on, but it has plenty of options to keep you busy for a while.
- Best Kodi Addons to Win Over the World 
- How to Install Kodi Addons Over Builds
- How to Install Silvo Kodi Build (MultiBuild Wizard)
- How to Install Plutonium Kodi Build
Disclosure - FireStickTricks.com is reader-supported blog. When you buy a product through links on our site, we may earn commission. Learn More