CThis guide will demonstrate how to install Weyd on your Amazon FireStick, including Fire TV Cube, FireStick 4K, FireStick 4K Max, and FireStick Lite. I will also show you how to connect your Weyd account and install a scraper.
What Is Weyd?
Weyd is a third-party app for streaming movies, shows, documentaries, anime, and more.
Many of the streaming apps out there suffer from cluttered interfaces that break the tenets of good design. Meanwhile, the makers of Weyd claim they’re bringing simplicity back to streaming.
Once you’ve gotten things set up, watching shows or movies on Weyd is a simple one-click process, and its library is quite extensive. The Weyd home screen features four basic options: TV Shows, Movies, Collections, and Settings. There’s also a search option to help you look for content.
There’s one catch, though: you’ll need to get Weyd set up first. When you launch the app for the first time, you’ll only be able to browse through Weyd’s library, look through descriptions, and add titles to your collections. To actually watch anything, you’ll need to create an account on the official Weyd website and add a paid subscription.
The shortest-commitment subscription costs as little as $1.66/month. But you can request a 7-day free trial after creating your account.
After getting your trial or your subscription, you can connect the app to your account. After connecting the account, you must install a scraper. I have provided the steps to do so later in the guide.
Attention, FireStick Users!
Governments and ISPs constantly monitor your online activity, and accessing copyrighted content on your Fire TV Stick could lead to serious trouble. Currently, your IP is visible to everyone. I strongly recommend getting the best FireStick VPN to mask your IP address and securely stream your favorites.
I personally use ExpressVPN, the fastest and most secure VPN available. Not only is it easy to install on any device, it comes with a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee. Plus, if you're not 100% satisfied, you can always get a refund. ExpressVPN is currently also offering a whopping 3 extra months free on their annual plan!
Is Weyd Safe and Legal?
Weyd isn’t an official FireStick app. To start using Weyd, you’ll need to download the app APK from the Weyd website. As an app that isn’t on the Play Store even, it’s understandable if you’re skeptical about using it.
However, when I scanned the Weyd APK with Virus Total, I did not find anything troubling. Every security vendor the antivirus checked the APK with cleared the file of any threats. And, as you see, it checked with over five dozen security vendors.
Although Weyd is a paid service, FireStickTricks.com still can’t vouch for the licensing status of the content it gives you access to. I recommend exercising caution when using any third-party application, including Weyd. If you’re worried about your privacy, I definitely suggest utilizing a FireStick VPN.
How to Install Weyd on FireStick
Before you can download and install the application from the Weyd website, you’ll need to set up permissions on your device to allow apps from unknown sources. We’ll then use Downloader to install the Weyd APK file. I’ve broken down these steps into a few different parts. Follow the parts below in order to complete the installation.
Part 1: Prepare Your FireStick to Download Weyd
You need to change a FireStick setting and get the Downloader app in order to install Weyd on your FireStick. If you’ve previously installed and used Downloader on your FireStick, you may proceed to the next steps to install Weyd.
If you’re not familiar with how Downloader works, please refer to this guide on getting Downloader on FireStick. Once you’ve followed that guide to enable unknown sources and install Downloader, return to this guide to finish installing Weyd.
Legal Disclaimer: This tutorial is purely educational. FireStickTricks.com doesn’t own, host, operate, resell, or distribute any streaming apps, addons, IPTV or services. The page contains some unverified services, and we are not certain whether they hold legal licenses to distribute the content. FireStickTricks.com does not verify the legality of each app/service in all regions. Do your due diligence if you use any of the unverified apps/services, and stream only content that is available in the public domain. The end-user shall be solely responsible for the media accessed.
Part 2: Download and Install Weyd
1. Fire up the Downloader application on your Fire device.
2. Select the search bar on the Downloader home screen.
3. Type weyd.app into the address bar using the on-screen keyboard and Click on Go.
4. You’ll be taken to the Weyd website.
5. Scroll down on the page and click on the DIRECT LINK button.
6. A progress bar will display the status of your download.
7. Once again, select INSTALL.
8. You’ll see another progress bar that will indicate the time remaining for the app’s installation.
9. Click DONE. We will use the app later. Let’s go back to the Downloader app and delete the Weyd APK. It is not needed any longer and is taking up space for no reason.
After clicking DONE, click Delete on the Downloader window two times.
You have successfully installed Weyd on FireStick.
Your FireStick / Fire TV is now all ready to stream your favorite content. However, before you start, I would like to warn you that everything you stream online is visible to your ISP and Government. This means, streaming free movies, TV shows, Sports might get you into legal trouble.
Thankfully, there is a foolproof way to keep all your streaming activities hidden from your ISP and the Government. All you need is a good VPN for Fire Stick. A VPN will mask your original IP which is and will help you bypass Online Surveillance, ISP throttling, and content geo-restrictions.
I personally use and recommend ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is compatible with all kinds of streaming apps and is very easy to install on Fire TV / Stick.
We do not encourage the violation of copyright laws. But, what if you end up streaming content from an illegitimate source unintentionally? It is not always easy to tell the difference between a legit and illegal source.
So, before you start streaming on your Fire Stick / Fire TV, let’s see how to use ExpressVPN to keep your streaming activities hidden from prying eyes.
Step 1: Subscribe to ExpressVPN HERE. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Meaning, you can use it free for the first 30-days and if you are not satisfied with the performance (which is highly unlikely), you can ask for a full refund.
Step 2: Power ON your Fire TV Stick and go to Find followed by Search option.
Step 3: Now type “Expressvpn” (without quotes) in the search bar and select ExpressVPN when it shows up in the search results.
Step 4: Click Download to install the ExpressVPN app on Fire TV / Stick.
Step 5: Open the app and enter the login credentials that you created while buying the ExpressVPN subscription. Click Sign in.
Step 6: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That’s all. Your connection is now secure with the fastest and best VPN for FireStick.
You can also read more detailed info on using ExpressVPN with Fire TV / Stick.
How to Use Weyd on FireStic
Now we’re going to explore the Weyd app.
1. The first screen you’ll see shows you details about the latest update. Click OK to proceed.
2. You’ll see four tabs to peruse on the left-hand side: TV Shows, Movies, Collections, and Settings. You’ll need to connect your device to an active subscription on your account before you can start watching anything, so start out by clicking the Settings option.
3. On the following menu, select Subscription.
4. Select CONNECT DEVICE.
5. You’ll be shown a code that you’ll need to input on the Weyd website weyd.app/device. Keep this code handy for the next step.
6. On a convenient device like your smartphone or computer, launch your web browser and go to https://weyd.app/device as indicated. Sign in if you need to. Then enter the code you were provided on your FireStick. This will link your Weyd account to your FireStick.
Linking the account isn’t all. You also need to install a scraper. Let me show you how to do it.
7. Click Settings again on Weyd.
8. Next, Click Scraper in the menu on the right.
9. Next, click Scraper source URL.
10. Click the textbox.
11. Type https://tiny.one/weydsc (this shortened URL points to the original source. FireStickTricks is not associated with the developers of this scraper).
12. Click OK.
13. Click Yes on this disclaimer popup.
14. You should see a notification at the bottom, Scraper script updated.
15. You can see the scraper URL in the Scraper Source URL section.
That’s it! You have successfully added the scraper.
How to Set Up Real Debrid with Weyd
Here is how you set up Real Debrid with FireStick:
1. Click Settings on Weyd.
2. Click Accounts next.
3. Click Real-Debrid followed by +Add.
4. Click Yes on this disclaimer.
5. Use the code on your screen to authenticate Real Debrid at real-debreid.com/device in any browser on a phone or computer.
I hope this article helped you with how to install Weyd on FireStick, and I hope you enjoy streaming on the Weyd app. If you have any questions for me or helpful tips for other users, please share them in the comments section—I’d love to hear from you.
- How to Install VivaTV APK on FireStick & Android TV Box
- How to Install CucoTV APK on FireStick & Android TV Box
- How to Install Yeah IPTV on FireStick
- How to Install Flix IPTV on FireStick
Disclosure - FireStickTricks.com is reader-supported blog. When you buy a product through links on our site, we may earn commission. Learn More