This tutorial provides a complete set of instructions to install the Alvin addon on Kodi. This addon works on all the Kodi-supported platforms, including Amazon FireStick & FireStick 4K, Fire TV Cube, FireStick Lite, Mac, Windows & Linux, Raspberry Pi, Android Mobiles & TV Boxes and more.
Alvin Kodi addon brings to you a fine collection of on-demand content. It has plenty of movies and TV shows that can keep you glued in for several hours. The media library is well maintained and regularly replenished with new content.
On the scrapping front, Alvin is doing a decent job. You will find plenty of top of the line streams and many are in Full HD. Torrent streaming is also supported for an even better experience.
Attention, Kodi Users!
Kodi Addons and builds offer unlimited streaming content, but could also get you into legal trouble if caught streaming free movies, TV shows, or sports. Currently, your IP is visible to everyone. Kodi users are strongly advised to always connect a VPN while streaming online. A good Kodi VPN hides your identity, bypasses government surveillance, geo-blocked content, and ISP throttling (which also helps in buffer-free streaming).
I personally use ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is very easy to install on any device including Amazon FireStick. You get 3-months free and save 49% on its annual plans. Also, it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you are not satisfied, you can always ask for a refund.
How to install Alvin Kodi addon
Alvin comes from a third-party source. It is not part of the official Kodi Add-on Repository. Third-party add-ons can be installed. However, there is a prerequisite to it. You must enable the security option called Unknown Sources. Let me show you how:
Enable Unknown Sources Installation
1. Once you have opened the Kodi app, stay on the home window. You will see a gear icon in the upper-left area. Click it to access Kodi Settings.
2. The next thing you want to do is click System
3. In the left menu, click Add-ons (as shown in the image below).
4. Go to the right area of the same window and click Unknown Sources.
Note: You need to click this option only if it is disabled
5. When warned, click Yes.
Alvin is a safe Kodi addon.
You have enabled Kodi to install the Alvin addon. We can start with the installation process now.
Steps to install Alvin Kodi addon
Follow these series of steps to get Alvin addon on Kodi:
1. We will go back to the Settings window again from the Kodi home screen.
2. Next, we are going to click File manager.
3. On this window, go ahead and click Add source.
4. When this window is displayed, click the option <None>.
5. This is the window where you will provide the source URL http://octopus246.esy.es/octopus/
Check the URL once to make sure you typed it correctly
6. The URL or source you added needs to be named. I am going with the default name it picked – octopus.
You may do the same or pick any other name
7. Press the back button once and click Addons (you are again on the Settings window)
8. Go ahead and click Install from zip file.
9. You should now be able to see the source name (octopus) that you provided earlier. Click it!
10. Click the zip file that you see on the next window: repository.octopus-x.x.x.zip
Note: x.x.x represents the current version number of the zip file, which might be different from when I wrote this guide
11. In less than a minute, you should see the notification Octopus Repository Add-on installed.
12. Go ahead and click Install from repository this time.
13. Now open the Octopus Repository.
14. Open Video add-ons.
15. Click the Alvin Kodi add-on.
16. In the bottom-right, click Install.
17. Now you see this popup . Click OK.
18. Alvin addon now installs. It usually takes less than 2 minutes. Let’s wait for the notification Alvin Add-on installed in the top-right corner.
This is how you install Alvin addon on Kodi.
Before you start streaming with Kodi Addons or Builds, I would like to warn you that everything you stream on Kodi is visible to your ISP and Government. This means, streaming copyrighted content (free movies, TV shows, live TV, and Sports) might get you into legal trouble.
Thankfully, there is a foolproof way to keep all your streaming activities hidden from your ISP and the Government. All you need is a good VPN for Kodi. A VPN will mask your original IP which is and will help you bypass Online Surveillance, ISP throttling, and content geo-restrictions.
I personally use and recommend ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is compatible with all kinds of streaming apps and devices.
NOTE: We do not encourage the violation of copyright laws. But, what if you end up streaming content from an illegitimate source unintentionally? It is not always easy to tell the difference between a legit and illegal source.
So, before you start streaming on Kodi, here's how to get VPN protection in 3 simple steps.
Step 1: Get the ExpressVPN subscription HERE. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Meaning, you can use it free for the first 30-days and if you are not satisfied with the performance (which is highly unlikely), you can ask for a full refund.
Step 2: Click HERE to download and install the ExpressVPN app on your streaming device. If you are using a FireStick, I have given the exact steps starting with Step 4 below.
Step 3: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That's all. Your connection is now secure with the fastest and best VPN for Kodi.
The following are the steps to install Kodi VPN on your Fire TV devices. If you have other streaming devices, follow Step 1-3 above.
Step 4: Subscribe to ExpressVPN HERE (if not subscribed already).
Step 5: Go to Fire TV Stick home screen. Click Find followed by Search option (see image below).
Step 6: Type Expressvpn in the search bar and select when it shows up.
Step 7: Click Download.
Step 8: Open the ExpressVPN app and Sign in using the email ID and password that you created while buying the ExpressVPN subscription.
Step 9: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That’s all. Your FireStick is now secured with the fastest VPN.
How to use Alvin Kodi addon: A quick overview
If you have used Kodi on-demand video addons before, honestly there isn’t much to explain here. Nevertheless, let me give you a quick rundown of Alvin addon for Kodi.
First, let’s see how we access Alvin (or any other video addon). Go all the way back to the home window of Kodi. Hover over or select Add-ons in the left menu. In the right section, you will find Alvin under Video add-ons
Instead of hovering over Add-ons in the left menu, click it. Now hover over or select Video add-ons in the left menu on the next window. On the right, you will find Alvin Kodi add-on
Here is the main screen of Alvin:
As you can see, it has some pretty regular categories: Movies, TV Shows, My Movies, My TV Shows, New Movies, New Episodes, Documentaries, etc. In addition, there are special categories: Networks and Boxsets
Now, all you need to do is pick a category, explore it and find the content you wish to watch and get started. It is that easy.
The first thing I like about Alvin Kodi addon is that it has a simple, fuss-free layout. It does not feature any fancy categories. However, Alvin is fetching top-notch streaming links and working really well at this time. It even gets you many torrent streams, which are usually considered superior to regular streams. Alvin gets even better with Real Debrid integration. Trakt sign-in is also supported. It is a good addon to try.
- How to Install Kodi Addons Over Builds
- How to Install Crew Kodi Addon on FireStick
- How to Install Asgard Kodi Addon on FireStick
- How to Install The Magic Dragon Kodi Addon on FireStick
Disclosure - FireStickTricks.com is reader-supported blog. When you buy a product through links on our site, we may earn commission. Learn More