In this guide, you will learn to install the Borg addon on Kodi. This video addon runs on all the Kodi devices, including FireStick & Fire TV, Mac OS, Windows, & Linux, iOS & Android, and more.
Borg is a Kodi addon for streaming Movies and TV Shows. It is a minimal addon with no specials or extras. However, it has a fairly big line-up of movies and episodes.
As I write this guide, Borg is pulling a decent number of streaming links. However, I would recommend using it with Real Debrid.
I am also adding Borg to our catalog of best addons.
How to install Borg addon on Kodi
This process consists of the following required parts:
- Allow Unknown Sources
- Install Bord Kodi addon from the Nitron Repository
Part 1: Allow Unknown Sources
Borg is a third-party addon. Meaning, it is not included in the official repository of Kodi. If you are installing such an addon, you need to allow Kodi to do it.
Therefore, this is the first thing we are going to do:
Go to the home screen of Kodi. This is what it looks like (image below)
1. Now, you see some options underneath the Kodi logo in the upper-left section. Click the gear icon and open Settings
2. Navigate to the option System on the following window and click it
3. This is the next window
Navigate to and select the item Add-ons in the left menu here
4. Now, you find the option Unknown Sources on the right
This is the option we need to turn ON in case it is OFF
Switch the toggle to ON position
5. Click Yes
Here we go! Kodi is now ready to install any third-party addons
Part 2: Install Borg addon from the repository
Now, we come to the installation part. Here are the instructions you need to follow:
1. Go to the Kodi Settings one more time. For this, you again need to choose the gear icon on the home screen in the upper-left corner
2. When you are on this window, open the next option called File manager
3. On this window, we are going to click the option Add source
You can click Add source on either side
4. Now, this popup window is displayed next
Here, click where you see <None>
We will replace it with the source URL
5. On this window, we are going to type the source link or path/URL
Carefully enter: http://nitronwizard.co.uk/repository
I always check the URL twice to make sure I did not make any typing errors.
Click OK when you are ready
6. When you are back on this window, you see that <None> has been replaced by the source path you entered
Now, we highlight the section where it is asking you to enter the media source name
Here, you are free to choose any name you like. I am naming it nitron
Click OK again
7. Now, you simply need to press the back button once and return to the Settings window
In case you navigated to any other window, go to the Kodi home screen and open Settings
Click Add-ons on this screen
8. Now, we open the option Install from zip file
9. A popup window is displayed. Here, you should see the name of the source you chose earlier
It is nitron in our case. Click it.
10. Now, open the zip file that you see on the next screen: repository.NitronRepo.zip
11. Clicking the zip file starts installing the repository. It will take a few seconds.
We will now wait for the Nitron Repo Add-on installed message
12. You may now click the option Install from repository
13. Next, we are clicking the Nitron Repo that we just installed
14. On the next window, open the option Video add-ons
15. You now see the list of the addons hosted by the Nitron repository
Select and click Borg
16. You now want to click the option Install on the next screen
17. Next, you are presented with the list of all the addons that are installed when you install Borg Kodi addon
You just need to click OK here
18. Borg addon may take a few minutes to install. Let’s wait.
You will see the Borg Add-on installed notification in a while
Great! You have successfully installed the Borg add-on on Kodi.
Before you start streaming with Kodi Addons / Builds, I would like to warn you that everything you stream on Kodi is visible to your ISP and Government. This means, streaming copyrighted content (free movies, TV shows, Sports) might get you into legal trouble.
Kodi users are strongly advised to connect a VPN while streaming. A VPN for Kodi will bypass ISP throttling, Government Surveillance, and geo-restriction on popular Add-ons. I always connect ExpressVPN on all my streaming devices and I suggest you do the same.
ExpressVPN is the fastest and most secure VPN. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Meaning, you can use it freely for the first 30-days and if you are not satisfied with the performance (which is highly unlikely), you can ask for the full refund.
NOTE: We do not encourage the violation of the copyright laws. But, what if you end up streaming content from an illegitimate source unintentionally? It is not always easy to tell the difference between a legit and illegal source.
So, before you start streaming on Kodi, here's how to get VPN protection in 3 simple steps.
Step 1: Get the ExpressVPN subscription HERE.
Step 2: Click HERE to download and install the ExpressVPN app on your device.
Step 3: Click the Power icon to connect a VPN server. That's all. Your connection is now secure with the fastest and best VPN for Kodi.
How to use the Borg Kodi Addon
You use Borg addon just like any other Kodi addon for movies and shows. However, if you are new to Kodi, let me show you how to go about it.
The first thing we do is access Borg addon. For that, navigate back to the home screen of Kodi.
In the left menu, click Add-ons. Now, simply select Video add-ons in the left menu on the next screen and Borg addon will line-up on the right
This is the main screen of the Borg addon. The light-green text doesn’t really stand out over the blue background. Therefore, the addon isn’t the most legible. However, you can still see the categories, such as Movies, TV Shows, My Movies, My TV Shows, etc.
Within each category, you will find nested subcategories. These subcategories organize the content so that it is easy to browse. For instance, the Movies category has the following subcategories – Genres, Years, Most Popular, Top Rated, etc.
TV Shows section on the main screen also has similar categories.
You may browse the categories and explore the video content.
If you have something specific on your mind, say a movie name, you may use the Search option.
How to set up Real Debrid with Borg Kodi addon
Real Debrid is the most popular premium link generator. Even though Borg addon is pulling free links, it works the best with Real Debrid.
Let me give you the quick steps to pair Real Debrid with Borg.
If you are looking for more information on Real Debrid, read our detailed guide here.
Open Borg addon and click Tools on the main screen
Click Borg: Real – Debrid on the following window
You must now see the authorization code on this popup
As instructed, open https://real-debrid.com/device in a browser
If required, log in with your Real Debrid account
Enter the code displayed on the Kodi prompt
Borg Addon not pulling streams? Try this!
If Borg is not pulling any streaming links, here is what you can try:
Click Tools on the main screen of the addon
Click Borg: Scraper Settings on the next window
Choose the General tab on the left on this popup window
Click Enable All
This is how you install Borg addon on Kodi. Borg is a simple, straightforward addon with on-demand content. It currently only offers movies and shows. However, the collection is quite big and you can enjoy hours of streaming. If you have any feedback or questions related to this addon, let us know through the comments section below.
- How to install Seren Kodi Addon
- How to install Venom Kodi Addon
- How to install The Crew Addon
- How to install Exodus Addon
Disclosure - FireStickTricks.com is reader-supported blog. When you buy a product through links on our site, we may earn commission. Learn More