Today, I will show you how to install Moria addon on Kodi. The images in this guide were taken on Windows 11. However, since the interface of Kodi is almost identical on all compatible devices, the instructions will apply to FireStick (such as 4K, 4K Max, and Lite), Fire TV Cube, Fire OS TV sets, Android TV devices, Android TV sets, Mobiles, macOS, PCs, and more.
What is Moria addon?
Moria is an on-demand addon for Kodi that lets you watch your favorite films, series, documentaries, and more videos. You can install this addon from the popular repository The Crew Repo. This repository also hosts trending addons like Homelander, Base 19, Chains Reaction Lite, and Genocide.
The Crew Repo is an unofficial repository. Therefore, you will need to sideload the Moria addon on Kodi.
Moria is lightweight and has an easy-to-use interface. It works smoothly on all devices.
Attention, Kodi Users!
Kodi Addons and builds offer unlimited streaming content, but could also get you into legal trouble if caught streaming free movies, TV shows, or sports. Currently, your IP is visible to everyone. Kodi users are strongly advised to always connect to a VPN while streaming online. A good Kodi VPN hides your identity, bypasses government surveillance, geo-blocked content, and ISP throttling (which also helps in buffer-free streaming).
I personally use ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is very easy to install on any device including Amazon FireStick. You get 3 months free and save 49% on its annual plans. Also, it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you are not satisfied, you can always ask for a refund.
Is Moria Addon Safe and Legal?
Moria addon is part of the Crew Repo. It is an unofficial repository. Therefore, it casts some doubts over safety and security.
I kept this addon on my device for about a week before writing this guide. I did not find anything malicious or suspicious.
To corroborate further, I used Virus Total to scan the repository. Virus Total is a well-known web-based antivirus. The following image shows the scan result. No vendor has flagged The Crew Repo as malicious.
When it comes to legality, we are treading an utterly different domain altogether. Moria addon employs a bunch of scrapers that rake out the streaming links from multiple online providers.
Most of these providers are unverified. Therefore, it is impossible to tell whether all or any of them have secured distribution rights from the copyright owners. Therefore, streaming from the links on Moria may lead you to legal troubles.
The good news is that you can avoid any hassles by watching the content available in the public domain. Furthermore, you can completely secure your privacy by getting ExpressVPN for Kodi and using it with the Moria addon.
How to Install Moria Addon on Kodi
Let me take you through the instructions to install the Moria addon on Kodi. The process involves a lot of steps. That’s why I am organizing them into various sections. All you need to do now is follow the steps in each section.
Part 1: Allow Installation of Moria Kodi Addon
You can install Moria or any other unofficial addon after tweaking a default security setting of Kodi. It’s easy! Here is how you do it:
1. Go to the Kodi Settings. Then, as the image below highlights, click the cogwheel icon at the top on the left.
2. Navigate to the folder System and click it.
3. On the left side of the next screen, choose Add-ons in the menu. On the right side, click Unknown Sources (only if it is greyed out).
4. To enable Unknown Sources and allow Moria installation, click Yes.
5. Click the setting Update official add-ons from on the same side of the window (optional but recommended).
6. Choose the option Any repositories and then click OK. This will ensure that the addons get updates even from their non-parent repository.
This part is done! Kodi is now capable of installing the Moria Kodi addon.
Part 2: Add the Source Web Address/URL on Kodi
The Moria addon is not on the official repository. Instead, you are fetching it from an external repository. Therefore, you must add the web address or URL of the repository location. Here is how it is done:
1. Go to the Kodi Settings again and choose the option File manager.
2. The following screen is split into two identical sections on the left and right. Choose any section and click Add source once. Or, click it twice if it’s a computer.
3. The Kodi app now displays a small window to add the source or web address. Click the <None> option as marked in the image.
4. The web address of the Crew Repo is https://team-crew.github.io. Go ahead and type it carefully, ensuring there aren’t any typos, and click OK. Typing errors will cause installation problems later.
Note: The above URL or web address leads you to an external source that hosts the Crew Repo. The web address belongs to the developers of the repository, and we are not associated with them.
5. To save the source address, you must name it first. Click the textbox highlighted in the image.
6. Type the name you want to identify the Crew Repo source with. I am giving it the name Crew. Click OK and proceed.
7. The repo source name is visible in the textbox that was earlier empty.
8. Click OK to save the web address and name.
9. The repo source name is also visible on the next screen.
Part 3: Steps to Install Moria Kodi Addon
You added the web address of the Crew Repo source. You can now install the Crew Repo from the source. Finally, you can use the installed repo to get the Moria Kodi addon. Here are the simple instructions:
1. Navigate to the Settings window by clicking the cogwheel icon on the home screen. Now, click Add-ons.
2. Scroll down to select Install from zip file and click it.
3. Click the Yes button on the prompt to continue. You won’t see this prompt on Kodi 20 Nexus.
4. A popup box will open. You will find the repo source name Crew (or the name you chose) on it. Click the source name.
5. Click repository.thecrew-x.x.x.zip on the next screen to install the Crew Repo.
6. Wait for the notification in the top-right corner. It confirms that the repository installation is complete.
7. Now, click Install from repository.
8. Open The Crew Repo on this window.
9. Click Video add-ons on the following screen.
10. The next page shows the list of all the addons the Crew Repo hosts. Locate and click Moria.
11. Click Install on the following dashboard.
12. A prompt displays all the supporting addons needed for Moria. Click OK to install them.
13. Moria Kodi addon will now install. The installation progress is displayed on your screen. Please wait for it to finish.
14. Finally, the Moria Add-on installed notification will appear in the top-right corner.
Great! The installation of the Moria Kodi addon is complete.
Before you start streaming with Kodi Addons or Builds, I would like to warn you that everything you stream on Kodi is visible to your ISP and Government. This means, streaming copyrighted content (free movies, TV shows, live TV, and Sports) might get you into legal trouble.
Thankfully, there is a foolproof way to keep all your streaming activities hidden from your ISP and the Government. All you need is a good VPN for Kodi. A VPN will mask your original IP which is and will help you bypass Online Surveillance, ISP throttling, and content geo-restrictions.
I personally use and recommend ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is compatible with all kinds of streaming apps and devices.
NOTE: We do not encourage the violation of copyright laws. But, what if you end up streaming content from an illegitimate source unintentionally? It is not always easy to tell the difference between a legit and illegal source.
So, before you start streaming on Kodi, here's how to get VPN protection in 3 simple steps.
Step 1: Get the ExpressVPN subscription HERE. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Meaning, you can use it free for the first 30-days and if you are not satisfied with the performance (which is highly unlikely), you can ask for a full refund.
Step 2: Click HERE to download and install the ExpressVPN app on your streaming device. If you are using a FireStick, I have given the exact steps starting with Step 4 below.
Step 3: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That's all. Your connection is now secure with the fastest and best VPN for Kodi.
The following are the steps to install Kodi VPN on your Fire TV devices. If you have other streaming devices, follow Step 1-3 above.
Step 4: Subscribe to ExpressVPN HERE (if not subscribed already).
Step 5: Go to Fire TV Stick home screen. Click Find followed by Search option (see image below).
Step 6: Type Expressvpn in the search bar and select when it shows up.
Step 7: Click Download.
Step 8: Open the ExpressVPN app and Sign in using the email ID and password that you created while buying the ExpressVPN subscription.
Step 9: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That’s all. Your FireStick is now secured with the fastest VPN.
How to Use the Moria Kodi Addon
After the installation, click Moria again.
Now, click Open to launch the addon.
Alternatively, go to the home screen of Kodi and highlight Add-ons on the left. On the right, click Moria in the Video add-ons section.
Moria is an addon for watching movies and shows. Therefore, those are the two main categories you will find on its home window. The addon avoids the clutter and ensuing confusion by removing unnecessary categories.
You can start exploring by picking either the Movies or TV Shows category. You can also try New Movies and New Episodes for the latest videos.
The categories My Movies and My TV Shows let you maintain your streaming activities through categories like Continue watching, Collection, History, and more. You can also view the Trakt synced data here (I will show you how to get Trakt with Moria later).
The People option on the home window of the addon lets you filter content by actors and artists. If you are looking for something specific, use the Search option. Within this option, you can search for movies, shows, and artists by keywords, names, or titles. For instance, if you wish to find a film, click Movies.
Next, click New Search.
Type the complete name of the movie, part of the name, or a keyword, and click OK. For example, I am typing the name of the public-domain movie Africa Screaming.
Click the desired search result and start streaming.
Real Debrid with Moria Addon
It would be a great idea to set up Real Debrid with Moria. You will have instant access to premium links. Follow these steps:
1. Click Tools on the home window of the Moria addon.
2. Click the option ResolveURL.
3. Highlight the third option from the top Universal Resolvers 2 and make sure the option Enabled isn’t greyed out.
4. Next, click (Re)Authorize My Account.
5. Use the code (on your screen) in the popup and enable Real Debrid on Moria at real-debrid.com/device.
Trakt with Moria Kodi Addon
Signing into your Trakt account on Moria will let you sync your watchlist with all other Trakt-integrated apps and devices. Here is how you do it:
1. Click Tools on the Moria addon interface.
2. Click Trakt: Authorize on the next screen at the bottom.
3. Authorize Trakt with the code (on your Kodi screen) at trakt.tv/activate.
4. Open the Tools window again and click Moria: Settings.
5. Click Trakt on the left, and you should see the Trakt username on the right if the authorization was successful.
So, you learned how to install Moria addon on Kodi. You can now enjoy unlimited movies and shows. The addon has a straightforward interface. So, you should have no trouble getting started.
- How to Install Crazy Canucks Kodi Addon
- How to Install Homelander Kodi Addon
- How to Install & Use DC Universe Kodi Addon
- How to Play Retro Games on Kodi
Disclosure - FireStickTricks.com is reader-supported blog. When you buy a product through links on our site, we may earn commission. Learn More