In this guide, I will show you how to install Descent addon on Kodi. This add-on works smoothly on all the Kodi devices, such as FireStick, Android TV, Computers, Mobiles, etc.
The Descent is primarily an on-demand Kodi addon for Movies and Shows. However, it also features an IPTV category, which makes it a good choice for Live TV streaming as well.
This addon comes from the popular Cy4Root Repository, which is also the part of our list of top Kodi repositories.
Descent addon is fetching high-quality links and offers smooth streaming. It is also compatible with Real Debrid. Additionally, it supports Trakt integration if you are looking to synch your streaming activities with other apps.
The Descent Kodi addon is now also part of our best addons for Kodi in 2020.
How to install Descent addon on Kodi
This installation process is divided into two important parts as follows:
- Allow the Unknown Sources in the Kodi Settings
- Install the Descent Kodi addon
By dividing into parts, the process becomes easier to follow.
Part 1: Allow Unknown Sources on Kodi
Kodi has an official repository called Kodi Add-on Repository. Any addon that is not the part of this repository is a third-party addon. Kodi requires special permission to install third-party addons.
The Descent is one such addon. To install it, here is what you need to do first:
1. Access the Kodi Settings
You can do that from the main screen of the Kodi interface. Just click the gear icon in the top-left corner
2. These are the options within the Settings
3. The next window displays various options in the left menu
4. Now, the right side is populated with the related items
This is where you also find Unknown Sources. By default, it is disabled or OFF
Click this option and enable it
5. The following warning message or prompt is displayed
To continue, click Yes
By doing this, you have configured Kodi to allow the installation of Descent or any other third-party addon.
Note: After installing this addon, turn OFF Unknown Sources again to keep Kodi secure
Part 2: Installation Steps for the Descent Kodi addon
Follow the steps below and install Descent addon on Kodi within minutes:
1. Access the Settings option on Kodi again
Click the gear icon in the top-left corner on the main window of the Kodi interface
2. Next, open the Settings item File manager
3. On the subsequent window, you need to click Add source
You can click it either on the left or on the right
4. Now, this dialog box appears
Here, find where it says <None> and click it. It will be replaced with the source URL
5. Now, we type the source URL on this window
Carefully enter https://cy4root2.github.io/zip
Recheck the source and make sure you typed it correctly. Typos are common with long URLs and they cause installation issues later
6. You will now see this window again
Highlight or select the textbox to enter the name of the source. Here, you are free to type any name you wish to identify the source with later
I am using the name cy4root
7. Press the back button or key once and you should see the Settings menu again
8. When the following options are displayed, click Install from zip file
9. Now, on this popup locate the source name you added in one of the previous steps
It is cy4root in this case
10. On the next screen, you should see a zip file repository.cy4root-master
Click this file to install the Cy4root Repository
11. We now wait until the cy4root Repository installation notification is displayed in the top-right corner of the window
It usually takes a few seconds
12. Click Install from repository on the same window
13. Open the cy4root Repository that you installed moments ago
14. Open the section Video add-ons
15. Scroll down and click the addon Descent on this list
16. Now, you want to click the option Install in the bottom-right corner of the next window
17. This popup appears with the list of all the additional addons that install with the Descent Kodi addon
Click OK to continue
18. During the installation, you may see this dialog box for YouTube addon setup
No setup is required. Click No to proceed
19. Wait until you see the installation notification for the Descent addon in the top-right corner
This takes a couple of minutes
Descent Kodi addon has installed and is now ready to be used.
Before you start streaming with Kodi Addons / Builds, I would like to warn you that everything you stream on Kodi is visible to your ISP and Government. This means, streaming copyrighted content (free movies, TV shows, Sports) might get you into legal trouble.
Kodi users are strongly advised to connect a VPN while streaming. A VPN for Kodi will bypass ISP throttling, Government Surveillance, and geo-restriction on popular Add-ons. I always connect ExpressVPN on all my streaming devices and I suggest you do the same.
ExpressVPN is the fastest and most secure VPN. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Meaning, you can use it freely for the first 30-days and if you are not satisfied with the performance (which is highly unlikely), you can ask for the full refund.
NOTE: We do not encourage the violation of the copyright laws. But, what if you end up streaming content from an illegitimate source unintentionally? It is not always easy to tell the difference between a legit and illegal source.
So, before you start streaming on Kodi, here's how to get VPN protection in 3 simple steps.
Step 1: Get the ExpressVPN subscription HERE.
Step 2: Click HERE to download and install the ExpressVPN app on your device.
Step 3: Click the Power icon to connect a VPN server. That's all. Your connection is now secure with the fastest and best VPN for Kodi.
How to use Descent addon on Kodi
We will break down this section as well into various parts so that it is easy to follow:
- How to access Descent Kodi addon
- Get started with Descent addon
- Additional settings for the Descent addon
How to access Descent Kodi addon
To access Descent addon, follow these steps:
Go back to the main screen of the Kodi interface and click Add-ons in the left menu
You will see this window now. Do not click Video add-ons in the left menu. Just select or highlight it
You should see the Descent addon on the right part of the window. Go ahead and click the addon to run it
This is how you access Descent or any other video addon on Kodi.
Getting started with the Descent Kodi addon
When you run the Descent addon for the first time, you are likely to see this Changelog window. This prompt may also appear if the addon has been updated since the last time you used it.
Just press the back button to dismiss this prompt
This would be the main screen of the Descent addon. Here are some of its main streaming categories:
- TV Shows
- My Movies
- My TV Shows
- New Movies (IMDB)
- New Episodes (Trakt)
Every category is likely to be divided into further subcategories. For instance, when I click the Movies category, the following subcategories are displayed.
In fact, these subcategories may further have their own subcategories.
After choosing the desired categories and subcategories, you will find the list of the available content.
The addon has a special category ‘Descent’ on the main screen. Let’s click it to explore it further.
The Descent category contains special streaming options such as Boxsets, Oneclick, IPTV, SportPlugins, Documentary, Radio, and more.
If you are looking for a Live TV addon, you may explore the IPTV section of Descent.
Additional Settings for the Descent Addon
There are a few settings within the addon I believe could be useful.
Enable all providers to fix streaming issues
If you are not getting many working streams, here is what you can try:
1. Click Tools on the main screen of the addon
2. Click Open Scrapers Settings
3. Choose the General tab on the left
Click Enable All Providers on the right
Authorize Real Debrid
Real Debrid is a link generator with tons of high-quality links. Here is how you can authorize it from within the addon settings:
1. Click Tools on the main screen
2. Click ResolveURL Settings on the following window
3. Select Universal Resolvers on the left
4. On the right, scroll down to the Real-Debrid section for authorization
For more information, read our detailed guide on Real Debrid on Kodi
Features of Descent Kodi Addon
Here are some of the highlights of this addon:
- Features an expansive collection of Movies and Shows
- Delivers various specials and extras besides the regular content
- Has a working Live TV section to stream many popular cable TV channels
- Uses OpenScrapers and fetches quality links
- Works with Real Debrid
Descent is one of the finest Kodi addons I have come across recently. That’s expected given that it comes from the popular Cy4Root Repository. The addon is getting quality links and streaming well. Have you tried Descent Kodi addon yet? Let us know your thoughts via the comments section below.Legal Disclaimer - FireStickTricks.com does not verify the legality or security of any add-ons, apps or services mentioned on this site. Also, we do not promote, host or link to copyright-protected streams. We highly discourage piracy and strictly advise our readers to avoid it at all costs. Any mention of free streaming on our site is purely meant for copyright-free content that is available in the Public domain. Read our full disclaimer.
Disclosure - FireStickTricks.com is reader-supported blog. When you buy a product through links on our site, we may earn commission. Learn More