In this guide, I will show you how to install the Locutus addon on Kodi. The instructions provided in this guide work on all the Kodi compatible devices, including Fire TV, Android TV Boxes, Smart TV, Android Mobile, iOS, Computers, and more.
Locutus is an on-demand Kodi addon that lets you watch movies, shows, and more. This addon is included in the Diamond Build Repo, which is part of our list of the best repositories for Kodi.
This addon works only with the premium link generators like Real Debrid, All Debrid, and Premiumize. I recommend using Real Debrid with Locutus. It is the best link generator I have used.
Locutus Kodi addon offers tons of streaming options. It is also getting quality streams through Debrid services. Therefore, it has been added to our list of best addons for Kodi.
How to install Locutus Addon on Kodi
This will be a two-part process where we will:
- Allow or enable the Unknown Sources within the Kodi security settings
- Install the Locutus Kodi addon
Part 1: Allow Unknown Sources
Let’s take care of this part first. Unknown Sources must be enabled so as to allow the installation of Locutus or any other addon from the third-party source. By default, this option is disabled. However, if you have already enabled it, you may skip to the next part.
1. When you run the Kodi app, the home screen appears first
On this screen, go to the top-left corner and click the gear icon (underneath the Kodi logo). This will open Settings
2. Here, you will find the Settings menu with these options
You need to click and open System
3. When you see this window, go to the left menu and highlight the option Add-ons
4. Now, go to the right side of this window where you will find the Unknown Sources option
If it is disabled, you need to click the toggle and switch it on
Note: If Unknown Sources is already enabled, no action is required
5. You will need to confirm your action when this prompt is displayed
Click Yes to continue
You are all set now to install Locutus Kodi addon
Part 2: Installation steps for Locutus addon
This is the part where we install the Locutus addon from the source. Follow each step carefully. The process should not take more than a few minutes.
Here are the steps:
1. Go to the Kodi Settings once again by clicking the cog or gear icon on the home screen (upper-left corner)
2. From the Settings menu, open the item File manager
3. You must now see the following screen
Here, we will click the option Add source (either on the left or the right; doesn’t matter)
4. When you do that, this Kodi popup is displayed
On this popup, we click where it says <None>
5. Now, we are going to type the source path from where we will install the Kodi repository for the Locutus addon
Enter the new URL: http://diamondbuild.xyz/
It is a long URL. So, type carefully and avoid any typos to ensure successful installation of the addon
6. This is the popup window you see again
Now, select the section or text box where it asks you to enter the media source name
Type in ruby or any other name you prefer (you are free to choose any name you like)
7. Navigate back to the home screen of the Kodi app (by pressing the back button several times)
Open Settings again and click Add-ons on this window
8. When you are here, open the option called Install from zip file
9. You will find the source name you provided earlier (Step 6)
It is ruby for this guide. That’s what I will click.
10. On the next window, you should see a zip file repository.Diamond-Wizard-Repo (use the Kodi 18 zip file as the Locutus addon is not available on Kodi 19 yet)
This zip file will install the Diamond Build Repo (from where we install our addon). Click this file.
Note: You may see a different version number of the file on your screen than in the image below
11. Within a few seconds, the repository will get installed
You should see the Diamond Build Repo installation notification in the top-right corner soon
12. Now, to access the repository you just installed, click Install from repository on the same window
13. Open the Diamond Build Repo
14. Now, we will choose the option Video add-ons
15. Scroll down a little and locate Locutus
16. Next, click the Install button in the bottom-right part of this screen
17. Kodi will display a list of all the additional addons that will be installed with Locutus Kodi addon
Click OK to proceed
18. Allow Kodi a couple of minutes to download and install the Locutus addon
You will see the notification in the top-right corner Locutus (Debrid Only) Add-on installed
19. You may see this Real Debrid authorization prompt immediately after the installation. If you know how to authorize Real Debrid, go ahead and do it. If not, it is covered in the next section.
That’s it! You have successfully installed the Locutus addon on Kodi.
Before you start streaming with Kodi Addons / Builds, I would like to warn you that everything you stream on Kodi is visible to your ISP and Government. This means, streaming copyrighted content (free movies, TV shows, Sports) might get you into legal trouble.
Kodi users are strongly advised to connect a VPN while streaming. A VPN for Kodi will bypass ISP throttling, Government Surveillance, and geo-restriction on popular Add-ons. I always connect ExpressVPN on all my streaming devices and I suggest you do the same.
ExpressVPN is the fastest and most secure VPN. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Meaning, you can use it freely for the first 30-days and if you are not satisfied with the performance (which is highly unlikely), you can ask for the full refund.
NOTE: We do not encourage the violation of the copyright laws. But, what if you end up streaming content from an illegitimate source unintentionally? It is not always easy to tell the difference between a legit and illegal source.
So, before you start streaming on Kodi, here's how to get VPN protection in 3 simple steps.
Step 1: Get the ExpressVPN subscription HERE.
Step 2: Click HERE to download and install the ExpressVPN app on your device.
Step 3: Click the Power icon to connect a VPN server. That's all. Your connection is now secure with the fastest and best VPN for Kodi.
How to use Locutus addon on Kodi
In this section, we will discuss the following points:
- How to access Locutus addon
- How to set up Real Debrid on Locutus
- How to use Locutus
Part 1: How to access Locutus addon
You don’t need to do anything special to access Locutus addon. If you already know how to access the video add-ons installed on Kodi, you may jump to the next part. This part is to aid the new Kodi users with navigation.
Go to the home window or the main window of Kodi. If you are on any other window, keep pressing the back button until the Kodi screen won’t change. That would be your home screen.
On the home screen, select the option Add-ons on the left menu (however, don’t click it). On the right part, you will find Locutus
OR, you may simply click Add-ons on the left menu and on the following window select Video add-ons on the left. On the right, you will find your addon:
Part 2: How to set up Real Debrid with Locutus
Since Locutus won’t work without Real Debrid, I am covering this part first.
You can read our guide on Real Debrid set up on Kodi for detailed information. Here, I am going to provide the quick steps to get you started.
Access Locutus Kodi addon. You may see the following prompt. Press the back button or click Close
On the next window, scroll down and click Tools
When you see the following screen, click Authorize Real Debrid
You should see a prompt like this with the authorization code
Visit the website https://real-debrid.com/device
Log in with your Real Debrid account (if required)
Enter this code and follow the onscreen instructions
You should now see this message once Real Debrid is successfully authenticated
Now, go back to Tools again from the main screen of the Locutus addon. Click Settings
Click Real Debrid on the left menu. On the right, make sure the Enable RD is enabled
Part 3: Use Locutus addon
Let us explore the addon now.
This is the main screen of the addon and as you can see, there are plenty of streaming categories, including:
- 1-Click Movies
- TV Shows
- YouTube Theater
Within each category, you should find more categories (or subcategories). As I open the category Movies on the main screen, the following subcategories are displayed
The above subcategories may contain more categories. For example, upon clicking the subcategory Movies By Years 2019 to 1900 you see this list
You will find the content for streaming in one of the nested categories
If you are looking for something specific, you may use the Search option on the main screen of the addon. You will need Trakt login to use this feature.
So, that’s the Locutus Kodi addon for you. This addon requires Real Debrid (or other premium link generators) to provide working streams to you. And, since it uses Real Debrid, you can be certain that you will get quality links. With Locutus, you can watch movies, shows, and a lot more. Give it a try!
- How to install 7 of 9 Addon
- How to install Descent Addon
- How to install Voodoo Addon
- How to install the Crew Kodi Addon
- How to install Venom Addon
Disclosure - FireStickTricks.com is reader-supported blog. When you buy a product through links on our site, we may earn commission. Learn More