In this guide, I will show you how to install and set up Perfect Player APK on FireStick, Fire TV Cube, Fire TV Stick Lite, and Fire Stick 4K. I will also provide brief instructions to install Perfect Player on Android TV Box, Smart Android TVs, and Android Mobiles & Tablets
Perfect Player is NOT an IPTV provider. It does not provide any content of its own. You can call it an IPTV management application that lets you use your IPTV subscriptions and stream your favorite channels.
To use this app, you must already have an IPTV subscription from an IPTV provider.
In order to use the Perfect Player, your IPTV subscription must include Playlist or EPG support. You will need the Playlist and EPG URLs. The URL is usually shared by your IPTV provider via email once you have successfully purchased the subscription plan. If you haven’t received the email or do not know how to get the URL, get in touch with your IPTV provider.
You will need to type in the URLs into the app. The URLs are usually long. Therefore, the chance of making mistakes is high. You must enter every character of the URL correctly or otherwise, the service will not work.
I recommend using the Amazon Fire TV Remote App on your mobile. This mobile app makes things easier by letting you type into FireStick with your mobile. You may even copy and paste the text into FireStick. The Fire TV Remote app is supported on both Android Mobiles and iOS Devices. You can download it from the respective App Stores.
Attention, FireStick Users!
Governments and ISPs constantly monitor your online activity, and accessing copyrighted content on your Fire TV Stick could lead to serious trouble. Currently, your IP is visible to everyone. I strongly recommend getting the best FireStick VPN to mask your IP address and securely stream your favorites.
I personally use ExpressVPN, the fastest and most secure VPN available. Not only is it easy to install on any device, it comes with a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee. Plus, if you're not 100% satisfied, you can always get a refund. ExpressVPN is currently also offering a whopping 3 extra months free on their annual plan!
How to install Perfect Player on FireStick
Let us divide this section into three parts:
- Part 1: Install the Downloader app from Amazon Store
- Part 2: Switch ON the option Install Unkown Apps for Downloader
- Part 3: Use the Downloader app to sideload Perfect Player on your Amazon FireStick
The following steps cover the above in the same order as they have been provided:
1. Now, we are going to install the Downloader app from the Amazon Store
Select the Menu Bar on the FireStick home-screen Search > Find option (the lens icon) in the top-left corner
2. Search for the app (type in Downloader)
Click the app when it is displayed in the search results
Next, you simply need to follow the onscreen instructions and install Downloader on FireStick
Also, read our detailed guide on how to sideload apps on FireStick with Downloader
3. Now, select Settings in the far right
4. When the Settings options are displayed, go to the option My Fire TV and open it
5. Within My Fire TV, you will see the following set of options
Click Developer Options
6. Click Install Unknown Apps
If you have the older Firestick version, switch on Apps from Unknown Sources instead
7. Toggle ON for the Downloader app
8. Now, open the Downloader app
During the first run, you are likely to see some prompts. You simply need to get rid of the prompts by choosing the appropriate options
You must now see this main screen of the Downloader app
Click the URL textbox
9. With the help of the onscreen keypad, type the following URL: firesticktricks.com/pp
Check the URL once before you click GO
10. Let the Perfect Player APK download on your device
11. Go ahead and click Install when the file has been downloaded
This will start the installation
12. Allow it a minute while the app is installed
13. You should see the App installed notification in a minute
If you want to start using Perfect Player on Amazon FireStick right away, you may choose OPEN
I personally recommend we click DONE at this time and delete the Perfect Player APK file we downloaded. We have the app now and this APK file is of no use. We will learn to use the app in the next section
14. Click Delete when you see the following prompt (after clicking DONE above)
15. Choose Delete one more time
Great! You have successfully installed Perfect Player on FireStick.
How to Use Perfect Player on FireStick
We will first access the Perfect Player app and later learn how to use it. Here are the steps:
1. Go to the FireStick home screen
Click the 3-dot button on the right
2. Now, scroll down to the last item on this list of installed apps and click Perfect Player to open it
3. If you want to move Perfect Player to the FireStick home screen, press the menu key on the remote (it is the 3-line button on the right under the navigation ring). You will see a popup in the bottom-left corner on your TV screen. Click Move and shift the app to the first row so that it is available on the home screen
4. Let us explore the Perfect Player app and learn how to start streaming channels from your IPTV provider
Select and click the gear icon to open Settings on the home screen of the Perfect Player app
5. Choose General on the following window
We will now import the Playlist and EPG from your IPTV service provider
Remember that Perfect Player works only with the IPTV providers that either support Playlists (M3U, XC, or XSPF format) or EPG (XMLTV or JTV format)
6. Click Playlist on the next screen
7. Most IPTV providers offer an M3U playlist format. Make sure the file format is selected (M3U is the default selection)
If your IPTV subscription comes with VOD content, do not forget to check the VOD box
Click the textbox that reads URL or file path
8. Use the onscreen keypad and enter the playlist URL provided in your IPTV subscription
The URL is usually sent to you in your email with the login details
The URL already contains your username and password for authentication purposes.
You just need to make sure you type the URL correctly. It is a long URL and even a single missing character will prevent you from importing your playlist
I recommend using the Amazon Fire TV Remote App on your Android or iOS device so that you can copy/paste the URL without having to type it. You can download the Remote App from the Play Store or Apple App Store
9. You will now return to this window
The playlist URL you added earlier is now displayed here. Once you add a Playlist, it appears as Playlist 1 and the Playlist 2 option is enabled. This means you can add multiple playlists to Perfect Player
Once you have added the Playlist, click EPG
Note: Use this option only if EPG is included in your IPTV subscription
10. Select the EPG file format (XMLTV or JTV)
Click the URL or file path field and enter the EPG URL that came with your IPTV subscription
Again, you may use the Amazon Fire TV Remote as this URL is long and difficult to type
Click OK to continue
11. When you are back on this screen, you see that the EPG URL is displayed under the section EPG 1 and EPG 2 option is also enabled. You can add multiple EPGs to Perfect Player
12. Press the back button on your FireStick remote until you see the following screen
The playlist and EPG will be imported from the source links you provided earlier
Give it a minute or two to finish the update (top right corner of the Perfect Player screen)
13. When the playlist and EPG have imported, you will see the channel line-up on the left side of the screen
Usually, the ‘All Channels’ category is displayed by default. Press the left or right buttons on the navigation ring of the FireStick remote to navigate the categories
14. Navigate to the channel you want to watch and click it once to start watching it
15. During the playback, press the menu button on the remote (3-line button) to bring up the playback options on the top
- The first button Pause pauses the playback
- The second button Stop will take you back to the list of the channels
- The third button Source lets you select the streaming source (IPTV, Files, VOD, Series are the options)
- The fourth button lets you change the video options (such as Aspect Ratio, Subtitles, etc.)
- The Refresh button refreshes your playlist and EPG list
- The last button is Settings which lets you access the app settings and also add the Playlist and EPG
Use the Channel Menu Options (view EPG and add channels to Favorites)
I have already provided a lot of information in the previous section. To avoid any confusion and clutter, I have decided to explore the channel menu options in a separate section. Here is how it works:
Select the channel of your choice from the list
Hold down the OK/Select button on the remote for a few seconds
Press the 3-line menu button on the remote
You should see the following popup window
Here are the options:
- Main menu: Takes you back to the menu options, which we have already explored in the previous section
- EPG Show EPG: Click it to view EPG or TV Guide. It works only if you have added the EPG URL. Once you have chosen to display EPG and you want to hide it, this option will be replaced by EPG Hide EPG
- Decoder: Leave it at the Default value
- View: Lets you change the view-type. The default is List. You can choose the other options Details or Table
- Preview: Lets you preview the channels. However, it may not always work.
- Adaptive Sorting: This option sorts the channels based on your viewing preferences. It works better when you enable it after a few days of use so that it has some idea of your viewing pattern
- Add to favorites: If you want to access a particular channel frequently, you can add it to your favorites for quick access. The channels added to favorites will appear on the top in the category they belong to. You can also access all the channels marked as favorite by clicking Show favorites in this menu
- Lock Channel: Lets you PIN protect specific channels. For this to work, you must first set a PIN. Go to Settings > GUI > PIN code
Your FireStick / Fire TV is now all ready to stream your favorite content. However, before you start, I would like to warn you that everything you stream online is visible to your ISP and Government. This means, streaming free movies, TV shows, Sports might get you into legal trouble.
Thankfully, there is a foolproof way to keep all your streaming activities hidden from your ISP and the Government. All you need is a good VPN for Fire Stick. A VPN will mask your original IP which is and will help you bypass Online Surveillance, ISP throttling, and content geo-restrictions.
I personally use and recommend ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is compatible with all kinds of streaming apps and is very easy to install on Fire TV / Stick.
We do not encourage the violation of copyright laws. But, what if you end up streaming content from an illegitimate source unintentionally? It is not always easy to tell the difference between a legit and illegal source.
So, before you start streaming on your Fire Stick / Fire TV, let’s see how to use ExpressVPN to keep your streaming activities hidden from prying eyes.
Step 1: Subscribe to ExpressVPN HERE. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Meaning, you can use it free for the first 30-days and if you are not satisfied with the performance (which is highly unlikely), you can ask for a full refund.
Step 2: Power ON your Fire TV Stick and go to Find followed by Search option.
Step 3: Now type “Expressvpn” (without quotes) in the search bar and select ExpressVPN when it shows up in the search results.
Step 4: Click Download to install the ExpressVPN app on Fire TV / Stick.
Step 5: Open the app and enter the login credentials that you created while buying the ExpressVPN subscription. Click Sign in.
Step 6: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That’s all. Your connection is now secure with the fastest and best VPN for FireStick.
You can also read more detailed info on using ExpressVPN with Fire TV / Stick.
How to install Perfect Player IPTV on Android TV Boxes, Android Smart TVs, Android Mobiles & Tablets
Perfect Player is not just for your FireStick. It also works on other Android devices as well.
The good news is that Perfect Player is available on the Google Play Store on these Android devices. This makes it easy to download and install. No sideloading is required.
Here are the steps to get Perfect Player IPTV on Android TV Boxes, Smart TVs, and Mobiles:
- Locate and open the Google Play Store on your device
- Look up for Perfect Player IPTV
- Follow the onscreen instructions and install the app
The user-interface of Perfect Player on these Android devices is much the same as on FireStick. Therefore, the instructions on how to use Perfect Player on FireStick I have provided above will work on these devices as well. Of course, if you are using a touch device, you will need to replace remote clicks and navigation with tapping and touch navigation.
Features of Perfect Player IPTV
Here is a list of top features of Perfect Player IPTV:
- It is easy to set up
- It works with all the IPTV providers that support Playlists and EPG
- Supports multiple playlists and EPG formats
- It is a lightweight app and works smoothly on all types of devices
- Available via the official Google Play Store on Android OS devices (TV Boxes, Smart TVs, and Mobiles)
- It is free to download and use
- Lets you play locally stored videos as well
- Supports UDP to HTTP Proxy server
- Hundred percent remote-friendly for easy navigation on FireStick and Android TV devices
While Perfect Player IPTV is a decent IPTV management tool, there are a couple of things we don’t quite like about it. Here is a quick look at some of its cons:
- Navigation gets a little confusing sometimes. It takes a while to get around it
- It should have separate screens for EPG and the list of channels. The channel list is displayed over EPG
- Does not offer external player support (such as MX Player)
Perfect Player IPTV is a decent option to get all your IPTV subscriptions in one place. With Playlist and EPG support, this app lets you import channels and TV guides from multiple subscriptions. You can integrate any IPTV subscription as long as it offers Playlist and EPG.
Do not forget that Perfect Player does not offer any channel of its own. You must buy an IPTV plan from a third-party IPTV provider. It is simply an IPTV management tool. You can use the sideloading method in this guide to install Perfect Player on FireStick.
- How to Install SO Player on FireStick
- How to Install Smart IPTV
- How to Install IPTV Smarters
- How to Install GSE Smart IPTV
- How to Install PVR IPTV Simple Client
Disclosure - FireStickTricks.com is reader-supported blog. When you buy a product through links on our site, we may earn commission. Learn More