With this guide, I will teach you how to install and use Fast Task Killer on FireStick. The guide is also applicable to other Amazon Fire TV devices, like FireStick 4K Max, FireStick Lite, and Fire Cube TV. I will show you how to install the app with detailed instructions, followed by how to use it.
What Is Fast Task Killer?
FireStick and related devices don’t have vast hardware resources and processing power. Therefore, they can start to have performance issues if numerous processes are running simultaneously. Users can also face buffering despite having a good internet connection, as unwanted apps running in the background can occupy resources like bandwidth and memory.
Task Killer ends unnecessary applications. It clears up RAM by killing unwanted background processes. The app helps you maintain your FireStick’s optimal performance.
Is Fast Task Killer Safe and Legal?
Kindly note that the Fast Task Killer application isn’t available on any of the official app stores. An unofficial app may raise some red flags relating to privacy. Additionally, FireStickTricks.com doesn’t verify the legality and safety of any third-party app or service. Therefore, readers are advised to proceed at their own risk.
If you want to install the Task Killer application, follow the steps below.
Attention, FireStick Users!
Governments and ISPs constantly monitor your online activity, and accessing copyrighted content on your Fire TV Stick could lead to serious trouble. Currently, your IP is visible to everyone. I strongly recommend getting the best FireStick VPN to mask your IP address and securely stream your favorites.
I personally use ExpressVPN, the fastest and most secure VPN available. Not only is it easy to install on any device, it comes with a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee. Plus, if you're not 100% satisfied, you can always get a refund. ExpressVPN is currently also offering a whopping 3 extra months free on their annual plan!
How to Install Fast Task Killer on FireStick
As Fast Task Killer isn’t officially available in the Amazon App Store, users will need to sideload it. We will use the Downloader app for this. Downloader is a free app officially available on the Amazon App Store.
Installing Task Killer via Downloader can be broadly divided into two parts. I have provided step-by-step instructions for each part.
Note: The official name of the app is Fast Task Killer, however, we will be referring to it as Task Killer.
Part 1: Prepare Your FireStick to Download Task Killer
You can skip to part 2 if you already have Downloader installed on your Fire TV Stick. First-time users should follow all the below steps.
1. Launch the FireStick home screen and click on Find.
2. Select the Search button.
3. Clicking on the Search button launches a virtual keyboard.
4. Start typing Downloader. Select Downloader when it shows up in the section of suggestions found below the virtual keyboard.
5. Select the orange Downloader app under APPS AND GAMES.
6. Select the Download or Get button.
The Downloader app will take a minute to install. Then, you need to change some settings before proceeding. These revised settings will allow you to install applications via Downloader without any errors. The steps to change the required settings are as follows:
7. Go back to the FireStick home screen. Click on the settings gear that is present on the far right.
8. Scroll down and click on My Fire TV.
9. Select Developer Options.
10. Choose Install unknown apps.
Note: Depending on your OS version, you may see Apps from Unknown Sources instead. In that case, turn it ON and skip step 11 below.
11. Scroll to Downloader and click on it to turn it ON.
Changing the above setting allows you to sideload apps using Downloader. I will now explain part 2 of the process, which involves installing Task Killer.
Part 2: Install Task Killer APK on Your FireStick
1. Go to the app menu from the FireStick home screen. The icon looks like three squares and a plus sign.
2. Scroll down to Downloader and select it to launch it.
3. Click on Allow if it asks for permission to access your files and folders.
4. Select the URL text box on the Downloader app’s home screen.
5. A virtual keyboard will pop up. Use the virtual keyboard to type firesticktricks.com/task and click GO.
Note: The Task Killer APK file is being hosted and distributed via MediaFire and not through FireStickTricks.com.
6. Downloader will proceed to download the APK for the Task Killer app on your FireStick.
7. After downloading is finished, click Install on the prompt.
8. A white window will pop up. Again click on INSTALL.
9. The installation process will take a few moments. Click on DONE when it is complete.
10. A status window will be displayed. Click on Delete. It is recommended to delete APK files after installation is complete. APK files aren’t needed after installation and end up occupying storage space. You will run out of storage space quickly if you don’t delete unnecessary files.
11. Again, click on Delete. This step will delete the APK file.
You have successfully installed Task Killer APK on your FireStick. I will explain how to quickly access and use the app in the following section.
Your FireStick / Fire TV is now all ready to stream your favorite content. However, before you start, I would like to warn you that everything you stream online is visible to your ISP and Government. This means, streaming free movies, TV shows, Sports might get you into legal trouble.
Thankfully, there is a foolproof way to keep all your streaming activities hidden from your ISP and the Government. All you need is a good VPN for Fire Stick. A VPN will mask your original IP which is and will help you bypass Online Surveillance, ISP throttling, and content geo-restrictions.
I personally use and recommend ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is compatible with all kinds of streaming apps and is very easy to install on Fire TV / Stick.
We do not encourage the violation of copyright laws. But, what if you end up streaming content from an illegitimate source unintentionally? It is not always easy to tell the difference between a legit and illegal source.
So, before you start streaming on your Fire Stick / Fire TV, let’s see how to use ExpressVPN to keep your streaming activities hidden from prying eyes.
Step 1: Subscribe to ExpressVPN HERE. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Meaning, you can use it free for the first 30-days and if you are not satisfied with the performance (which is highly unlikely), you can ask for a full refund.
Step 2: Power ON your Fire TV Stick and go to Find followed by Search option.
Step 3: Now type “Expressvpn” (without quotes) in the search bar and select ExpressVPN when it shows up in the search results.
Step 4: Click Download to install the ExpressVPN app on Fire TV / Stick.
Step 5: Open the app and enter the login credentials that you created while buying the ExpressVPN subscription. Click Sign in.
Step 6: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That’s all. Your connection is now secure with the fastest and best VPN for FireStick.
You can also read more detailed info on using ExpressVPN with Fire TV / Stick.
How to Use Task Killer on FireStick
Task Killer is used to optimizing system performance. Therefore, you should launch it frequently to get the most out of it. I advise you to make a shortcut to the Task Killer App on your FireStick home screen for quick access. Follow these steps to do so.
1. Go back to your FireStick home screen.
2. Click on the app menu.
3. Scroll to Task Killer using the arrow keys on your remote. You can spot Task Killer by its grey banner, with three cubes inside a blue circle.
4. Press the menu button (three horizontal lines) on your FireStick remote and select Move.
5. Use the arrow keys to move Task Killer to the top row. Once you have finalized its position in the top row, click on the select button on your remote to confirm the new location.
You have successfully created a shortcut for the Task Killer APK on your home screen. You can use this shortcut to quickly launch the application whenever required.
Task Killer App Overview
Once installed, this application is extremely straightforward and effortless to use. You can kill all background processes with a single click. Just select Task Killer from the home screen to launch it, and the app will clear all unnecessary background processes and free up some memory and bandwidth.
When you start the app, an information box appears. The box lists all the processes that have been killed. It also shows the amount of memory the app cleared for you on that launch. You can also see the original and new amounts of available memory.
You can personally verify if this app works as intended or not. To do so:
1. Launch any streaming application, like Netflix, on your FireStick. If this is the first time you’re opening the app since your FireStick last booted, it will display the Netflix logo and profile selection screen. If you’ve previously selected your profile, you’ll be taken straight to your content.
2. If you need to, select a profile. Otherwise, wait for the Netflix home screen to load. Then, go back to the FireStick home screen by pressing the home button on your FireStick remote.
3. Now launch Netflix again. It should continue from where you left off, which would be your Netflix home screen.
4. Press your FireStick remote’s home button again. Now, launch Task Killer. This step terminates background apps, including Netflix.
5. Finally, press your FireStick remote’s home button one more time. Now, launch Netflix. If Task Killer ran successfully, Netflix will take you to the profile selections screen.
The last step verifies that Task Killer actually killed your unwanted background processes, including Netflix in this case.
I hope this article helped you learn how to install and use Task Killer on FireStick. It is a great way to free RAM and internet bandwidth on FireStick. On one hand, it is a third-party solution and lacks an attractive interface. On the other hand, it is straightforward, very easy to use, and ad-free. Try running Task Killer when you experience lag or after switching between a handful of apps. Let us know how it works for you!
- How to Uninstall & Delete Apps from FireStick
- How to stop buffering on FireStick
- How to prevent FireStick overheating
- How to fix FireStick remote problems
Disclosure - FireStickTricks.com is reader-supported blog. When you buy a product through links on our site, we may earn commission. Learn More