In this guide, I will take you step-by-step through the installation and set-up process for Wolf Launcher on Firestick 4K. The same method will be applicable for any FireStick product, including Fire TV, the FireStick Lite, and even the Fire TV Cube. Before we jump into it, let’s understand what a launcher is and why we suggest Wolf Launcher.
Growing bored of the look of your FireStick TV layout and interface? Well, it’s time to give it a new look.
If you have an Android phone, you may be familiar with the term “launcher.” A launcher is an app that modifies the design, features, or other aspects of the device temporarily. The good news is you can install a launcher on a FireStick device too, giving it a fresh look and new feel.
Finding the perfect launcher for your FireStick is a matter of personal preference, but I recommend trying Wolf Launcher. Why? It does a good job with its features and is highly customizable. It is one of the best choices if you want to put a personal spin on your device.
What is Wolf Launcher?
Developed by TechDoctorUK, Wolf Launcher is a custom launcher that aims to offer personalization from the bottom up. Wolf Launcher allows you to customize many aspects of your FireStick interface, including the background, tile features, and sections of tiles. Further, the launcher get rids of sponsored apps and banners from the default interface, saving lots of data. On top of that, you can create folders with password protection and hide apps.
Right now, Wolf Launcher is one of the best third-party launchers available for FireStick devices. It is light, offers you tons of customization, and doesn’t bog down your device. Since it is a third-party app, you cannot download it officially from the Amazon App Store, which means you need to sideload it.
Is It Safe and Legal to Use Wolf Launcher on FireStick?
FireStickTricks.com does not have the resources to verify the legality or security of Wolf Launcher or other applications mentioned in this article. Any action you take based on the information in this article is strictly at your own risk. Though I doubt, using a launcher could invite any legal issues. The Wolf launcher seems to be safe, and should not infect your device with malware. But again, it is at your own risk.
Attention, FireStick Users!
Governments and ISPs constantly monitor your online activity, and accessing copyrighted content on your Fire TV Stick could lead to serious trouble. Currently, your IP is visible to everyone. I strongly recommend getting the best FireStick VPN to mask your IP address and securely stream your favorites.
I personally use ExpressVPN, the fastest and most secure VPN available. Not only is it easy to install on any device, it comes with a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee. Plus, if you're not 100% satisfied, you can always get a refund. ExpressVPN is currently also offering a whopping 3 extra months free on their annual plan!
How to Install Wolf Launcher on FireStick
Since Wolf Launcher is a third-party application, we have to sideload the app’s APK file through the Downloader app.
Get Downloader App
1. Starting on the FireStick home screen, select Find so that Search appears below.
2. Select Search.
3. Type in Downloader through the virtual keyboard. When you see Downloader appear in the list of suggestions under the keyboard, select it.
4. On the page of search results, pick Downloader.
5. Click Download or Get.
As we are installing a third-party app through sideloading, we need to make some changes to our settings.
Change FireStick Setting to Allow Sideloading
1. Starting on the home screen, go to Settings.
2. Choose My Fire TV.
3. Choose Developer options.
4. Click Install unknown apps.
Note: If you see Apps from Unknown Sources, turn it ON by selecting it and skip the next step.
5. Click Downloader to turn it ON.
Now it’s time to get Wolf Launcher.
Download and Install Wolf Launcher APK
1. Launch Downloader. Select the box that’s named Enter a URL or Search Term.
2. Type https://www.firesticktricks.com/wolf using the keyboard displayed on the screen and click Go.
Note: Make sure you enter the URL correctly.
3. Now you will see a popup window that will show Wolf Launcher APK file downloading onto your FireStick device.
4. When the file is downloaded, click INSTALL.
5. After the installation, select DONE.
6. Choose Delete so that the Wolf Launcher APK is deleted from your FireStick’s storage. You already used the APK to install the Wolf Launcher app, so you don’t need it anymore.
7. Select Delete again.
8. Congratulations, you have successfully installed Wolf Launcher. Now you can access Wolf Launcher under Your Apps & Games.
How to Use Wolf Launcher on FireStick
To make Wolf Launcher your default launcher on your FireStick, you need to disable the stock launcher.
1. Open Wolf Launcher and wait a few seconds for the app to load.
2. From the home screen, scroll down and select Settings.
3. Choose Launcher Options.
4. Select Disable Stock Launcher.
Note: If you want to disable Wolf launcher and return to the default Amazon FireStick launcher, follow the above steps and select Enable Stock Launcher.
Wolf Launcher Overview
Once you start Wolf Launcher, you will see large tiles with a plain black background by default. Boring. But don’t worry. You can tweak the tiles, background, and more.
Want to change the wallpaper to spice up your home screen? I’ll show you how in the steps below.
If you prefer a minimalistic interface, you can skip ahead to customizing the app tiles.
How to Change Wolf Launcher Wallpaper
1. Press the menu button on your FireStick remote.
2. Select Launcher Settings.
3. Choose Wallpaper.
4. Scroll down and choose Select Wallpaper.
5. Navigate to a folder on your device with images. Select the image you want to use as your new wallpaper.
Note: You can download tons of wallpapers by using the Downloader app like a browser.
6. Select the Application Wallpaper option to enable it.
7. That’s it. Admire the new view!
Now let’s move on to the tiles.
How to Customize App Tiles in Wolf Launcher
You can tweak app tiles quite a lot. While in Wolf Launcher, press the menu button on your FireStick remote, then select Configure.
Within these options, you can make changes to:
- The icons on the tiles (if you’ve installed icon packs)
- The size of the tiles
- Whether specific tiles are shown or hidden
- The names of the tiles
- The colors of the tiles
- Whether tiles have shadows
- How round or sharp tile corners are
You can also make these changes to the Applications section of the Wolf Launcher interface:
- App orientation (vertical or horizontal)
- Method of sorting (most used, manual, or alphabetical)
- Column width
- The name of the section and whether the name is visible
How to Add New App Sections in Wolf Launcher
Wolf Launcher allows you to create additional sections for easier organization. Follow these steps to create a new section.
1. Press the menu button on your FireStick remote.
2. Select Launcher Settings.
3. Select Sections.
4. Choose Manage Sections.
5. Click on Add Section and type in a name for the new section. I want to use the new section to consolidate the apps I use the most, so I’ll call it Most Used Apps.
Note: You can also adjust the order of the sections within the Wolf Launcher interface.
I put my new section at the top.
What good is a new section with no apps? Let’s move some apps to it!
How to Move Apps Between Sections in Wolf Launcher
1. Find an app you want to move. Scroll to it but don’t select it.
2. Press the menu button on your FireStick remote and select Move to Section.
3. Select the section you want to move it to.
4. The app should now appear in the section you chose.
How to Hide Apps in Wolf Launcher
You may want to temporarily hide apps that you don’t want others to see (if you know what I mean). You can hide apps by pressing the menu button on your remote, going to Launcher Settings, and then going to Hidden Apps. Then simply choose the apps you want to hide. If you want to access hidden apps again, you can go to the same list and uncheck the apps you want to see.
Other Wolf Launcher Customization
You can also customize the status bar above the home screen. Once again, press the menu button on your remote and go to Launcher Settings.
Select Status Bar for the options to toggle these on or off:
- Status Bar
- Network Icon
- Bluetooth Icon
- USB Icon
In addition, you can create new folders and even apply password protection to them. You can store multiple apps in each folder, meaning they’re just another way for you to stay organized.
To make a new folder, press the menu button on your remote and select Create Folder.
To move an app to a folder, scroll to that app and press the menu button. You should now see the option Move to Folder.
That’s everything you need to know about Wolf Launcher! If you like to customize your digital experience, Wolf Launcher is the perfect app for you. I hope you’ve enjoyed this guide. Did you install Wolf Launcher? What do you think of it? Let us know in the comments below.
- How to Set up Real Debrid on FireStick
- How to Watch Netflix on FireStick
- How to Fix FireStick Remote Issues
Disclosure - FireStickTricks.com is reader-supported blog. When you buy a product through links on our site, we may earn commission. Learn More