Cryptonite is an all-in-one addon with options to watch on-demand movies and shows as well as live TV and sports. This addon is from the Falcon Repo and is trending well at the moment.
The Live TV segment of Cryptonite is not that great, but other categories, including movies and shows, work just fine.
Some channels may not play all the time in the Live TV section. However, quite a few of them worked when I tested the addon.
Considering all of this, I am including this addon to our library of best Addons for Kodi.
How to install Cryptonite Addon on Kodi
There are basically two things you need to do in order to install Cryptonite Kodi addon:
- Enable or turn ON the Unknown Sources
- Install Falcon Repository and download Cryptonite from it
Let’s go through both these parts one by one.
Part 1: Enable or turn ON the Unknown Sources
This is the first thing you need to take care of before installing any third-party addon on Kodi.
Follow the steps below:
1. After you have opened the Kodi app, stay on the home screen
Navigate to the top-left section and click the gear icon. This will open Kodi Settings
2. When you are on this window, go ahead and open the option System
3. Next, you see this window with a menu column on the left
4. You will now see the option Unknown Sources on the same window. It needs to be switched ON to allow the installation of Cryptonite Kodi addon
Click it and switch it ON
5. This prompt is now displayed
To continue, click Yes
This is how you set up the Kodi application to install Cryptonite addon
Part 2: Install Falcon Repo and Cryptonite Addon
Now we get to the main installation instructions. Follow the steps below:
1. Access the Kodi Settings menu one more time by clicking the gear or cog icon on the home screen (top-left)
2. Open the option File manager
3. Now, click the option Add source on either side of this window
4. A new popup window appears on your Kodi screen
Here, we are going to click the part where it says <None>
5. This brings up another popup window where you need to provide the source URL
This is the URL for Cryptonite Kodi addon: http://teamfalcon.exposed/repository
Since it is a long URL, type it carefully and avoid any typos
Click OK to proceed
6. You must now be back on this popup window
Highlight the field that says Enter a name for this media source
Change the default name to falcon or any other source name you prefer
7. Press the back button to get back to the Kodi Settings menu again (or navigate from the home screen like before)
8. You now want to click the option Install from zip file
9. On this popup window, you will find the name of the source you entered earlier (e.g. falcon)
Click the name
10. On the following screen, we will click the zip file repository.FalconRepo.zip
11. In a few seconds, you will see the notification Falcon Repo Add-on installed in the upper-right section of this screen
You have successfully installed the Falcon Repo. We will now install the Cryptonite Kodi addon
12. On the same window, go ahead and open Install from repository
13. Click Falcon Repo that you just installed
14. Choose the option Video add-ons
15. Here is the list of all the addons hosted on the Falcon Repo
16. Click the option Install in the bottom-right section of this window
17. Kodi will display the list of all the supporting addons that are installed along with Cryptonite
Just click OK to continue
18. Wait for Cryptonite Kodi addon to install
If you see Failed to install a dependency error message, try again. It usually takes a couple of attempts
19. Cryptonite Add-on installed message will appear in the top-right section within a minute or two
Great! You have successfully installed Cryptonite addon on Kodi.
Before you start streaming with Kodi Addons / Builds, I would like to warn you that everything you stream on Kodi is visible to your ISP and Government. This means, streaming copyrighted content (free movies, TV shows, Sports) might get you into legal trouble.
Kodi users are strongly advised to connect a VPN while streaming. A VPN for Kodi will bypass ISP throttling, Government Surveillance, and geo-restriction on popular Add-ons. I always connect ExpressVPN on all my streaming devices and I suggest you do the same.
ExpressVPN is the fastest and most secure VPN. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Meaning, you can use it freely for the first 30-days and if you are not satisfied with the performance (which is highly unlikely), you can ask for the full refund.
NOTE: We do not encourage the violation of the copyright laws. But, what if you end up streaming content from an illegitimate source unintentionally? It is not always easy to tell the difference between a legit and illegal source.
So, before you start streaming on Kodi, here's how to get VPN protection in 3 simple steps.
Step 1: Get the ExpressVPN subscription HERE.
Step 2: Click HERE to download and install the ExpressVPN app on your device.
Step 3: Click the Power icon to connect a VPN server. That's all. Your connection is now secure with the fastest and best VPN for Kodi.
How to use Cryptonite Kodi addon
Cryptonite addon is quite like several other Kodi addons. If you have used one before, getting around Cryptonite would be easy. If you haven’t, it would still be easy.
In this section, we will take a look at the following:
- How to access Cryptonite Kodi addon
- How to pair Real Debrid with Cryptonite
- How to use Cryptonite addon
Part 1: How to access Cryptonite addon on Kodi
Note: If you already know how to do this, skip to the next part
Navigate back to the home screen of the Kodi app. On the left panel, click Add-ons
On this screen, select/highlight Video add-ons in the left panel
You may now click and open the Cryptonite add-on icon
Part 2: How to pair Real Debrid with Cryptonite
Cryptonite offers on-demand movies and TV shows. Therefore, it would be a good idea to pair it with Real Debrid.
Real Debrid is a premium link generating service and when paired with any addon, it gives you access to tons of superior quality streaming links.
In this section, I will give you the quick steps to pair Real Debrid with Cryptonite. If you want detailed information, refer to our guide on How to set up Real Debrid with Kodi.
Navigate to Add-ons > Video add-ons from the home screen
If you are using Kodi on a computer, right-click the Cryptonite icon. On mobile or other touch devices, touch and hold the icon for a couple of seconds. On FireStick or other TV devices, select the Cryptonite icon and hold down the middle button (OK button) for a couple of seconds
Click Settings on this popup menu
Click Resolvers in the left panel
Click Open Resolver Settings on the right
Click Universal Resolvers in the left panel on this popup window
On the right side, scroll down to the Real Debrid section
Change Priority value to 90
Now, click Re(Authorize My Account)
This dialog box is displayed
Note down the authorization code
Go to https://real-debrid.com/device and sign in with your Real Debrid account if needed
Enter this code and authorize Real Debrid
Part 3: How to use Cryptonite Addon
Let us explore Cryptonite Kodi addon a bit.
This is the home screen of the addon:
As you see, these are the streaming categories as I write this guide:
- Cryptonite Movie of the Month
- Live TV
- Movies Hub
- The Monsters
- Sports Lounge
- TV Shows
- Now Music
As is apparent, there is plenty to watch here.
The Live TV category features various cable TV channels from around the world. You will be prompted to install additional addons when you try to use the Live TV section. While many channels play, many of them do not work. Therefore, the Live TV section is not completely reliable.
The other categories are self-explanatory. You may start exploring and streaming. If you have any questions, you can always let us know through the comments section below.
Cryptonite is a relatively new addon as I write this guide. However, it seems to be doing a fine job at this moment. It offers many streaming categories for movies, shows, sports, and even Live TV. The on-demand sections are better than Live TV though. Give it a try!
- How to Install The Crew Addon on Kodi
- 15 Best Kodi Skins to Change How Your Kodi Looks
- How to Install Mercury Kodi Addon
- Top 10 Best Kodi Repositories
- How to Install Alvin Addon on Kodi
Disclosure - FireStickTricks.com is reader-supported blog. When you buy a product through links on our site, we may earn commission. Learn More