In this post, you will learn to install Magicality addon on Kodi. Magicality is a fork of the very popular Neptune Rising addon.
Neptune Rising was probably the biggest casualty of the Blamo repo being discontinued. For about a year, Neptune Rising had been the top-rated Kodi addon for on-demand entertainment. You may still find Neptune Rising in some odd repos here and there, but it isn’t as good as used to be when it was the part of the Blamo repo. Thankfully, I recently ran into Magicality Kodi addon, which is the fork of Neptune Rising. Magicality is every bit as good as Neptune Rising or better even.
Just like its predecessor Neptune Rising, Magicality addon for Kodi has a massive library of on-demand content. You name a movie or TV show and you are very likely to find it here. The scraping capabilities of Magicality are also at par with Neptune Rising. I found dozens of working links for various movies and episodes. So, if you have been missing Neptune Rising, do not anymore. Here is Magicality that fills right in its shoes. Let’s learn to install the Magicality addon on Kodi.
Update: Magicality addon is not working anymore. Please try other working addons from our list of Top Kodi Add-ons.
How to Install Magicality Addon on Kodi 17.6
The third-party Kodi addons like Magicality addon require a special permission before they can be installed. The addons that are not included in the official Kodi Add-on repository are considered to be from the third-party, unknown sources. Here is how you can allow the installation of such addons:
1. Open the Kodi app on your device. Stay on the home screen. Click Settings
Note: Settings is the gear icon, which is on the top-left of the Kodi screen. It is just below the Kodi logo.
2. On the following window, choose System settings
3. You could now see a set of items on the left sidebar of the screen. Select Add-ons. Now go to the right of the screen and switch on the Unknown Sources item
4. The following prompt says that switching on the Unknown Sources may cause harm to your device. But, it is only true when you install a suspicious, malicious addon. Magicality Kodi addon is a safe addon. I have tested it personally.
With the System settings configuration taken care of, you are all set to install Kodi Magicality addon. Follow the steps below:
1. Go back to the home-screen of Kodi again. Again, choose Settings
2. On the next window, select File manager this time and open it
3. Now click and open the option Add source
Note: This option is on both the left and right side of this screen. It doesn’t matter which one you click.
4. This is the next pop-up window that you see. Click the <None> option that you see in the middle (refer to the image)
5. A new window is now displayed. This window has the onscreen keypad on the bottom. Enter the following source URL: https://wilson-magic.github.io/repo/
Click the OK button
6. When you are back on this window again, type in the name of the source that you added in the previous step. You may choose any name you want. Though, make the name identifiable so that you can locate it easily later. You are going to need it.
I name the source Wilson. Click OK
Up until the previous step, you added the link to the source from where we will install the Magicality repository in the upcoming steps. Finally, we will use the Magicality repo and install the Magicality Kodi addon
7. Return to the home-screen of Kodi one more time. When you get there, select the Add-ons option that you see on the left part of the Kodi screen.
8. Navigate to the top-left of the next Kodi screen and open the Package Installer. I am referring to the option whose icon looks like an open box (check the following image).
9. Open Install from zip file
10. Now click the source name that you previously added. In my case, it will be wilson.
11. Now open the zip file repository.magicality-0.0.4.zip
Note: If the version number of this zip file isn’t the same, don’t worry about it. Click the zip file with the new number.
12. In about one minute, you will see the Magicality Repo Add-on installed notification. It will appear in the upper-right corner of the window
As abovementioned, you have successfully installed the Magicality repo. Let’s now use this repo and get the Magicality addon.
13. You should now be on the same window as you see in the image I have provided below. Click the option Install from repository
14. Open the repository Magicality Repo
15. Go ahead and click Video add-ons
16. Next, click Magicality
17. Click Install
18. Allow the Magicality add-on to install on Kodi. You will see a bunch of notifications on the top-right. Wait until you see Magicality Add-on installed
Great! You have successfully installed the Magicality Kodi addon.
Before you start streaming with Kodi Addons / Builds, I would like to warn you that everything you stream on Kodi is visible to your ISP and Government. This means, streaming copyrighted content (free movies, TV shows, Sports) might get you into legal trouble.
Kodi users are strongly advised to connect a VPN while streaming. A VPN for Kodi will bypass ISP throttling, Government Surveillance, and geo-restriction on popular Add-ons. I always connect ExpressVPN on all my streaming devices and I suggest you do the same.
ExpressVPN is the fastest and most secure VPN. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Meaning, you can use it freely for the first 30-days and if you are not satisfied with the performance (which is highly unlikely), you can ask for the full refund.
NOTE: We do not encourage the violation of the copyright laws. But, what if you end up streaming content from an illegitimate source unintentionally? It is not always easy to tell the difference between a legit and illegal source.
So, before you start streaming on Kodi, here's how to get VPN protection in 3 simple steps.
Step 1: Get the ExpressVPN subscription HERE.
Step 2: Click HERE to download and install the ExpressVPN app on your device.
Step 3: Click the Power icon to connect a VPN server. That's all. Your connection is now secure with the fastest and best VPN for Kodi.
Magicality Addon for Kodi: An Overview
Let’s dig into the addon a little bit. Though, there isn’t a lot to explain. Magicality addon for Kodi is pretty straightforward.
To access Magicality, go to the Kodi home-screen. Now, click Add-ons. Next, click Video add-ons.
In this section, you will find the Magicality addon icon. Go ahead and click the addon and open it.
The layout of the addon and the categories are very similar to that of Neptune Rising. The home-screen has all the regular categories including Movies, TV Shows, etc.
Let’s go ahead and check out the Movies and TV Shows categories one by one. Inside the Movies category, again you find regular categories like Genres, Year, People, Languages, etc.
There are several categories Magicality Kodi addon shares with Neptune Rising. I am drawing this comparison as Magicality is indeed a fork of Neptune Rising.
When you access the TV Shows from the main-screen of Magicality addon, again you discover the subcategories usual to its type. You can look up by Genres, Networks, New TV Shows, New Episodes, etc.
All in all, being a fork of Neptune Rising, Magicality Kodi addon is very similar to its predecessor. I also noticed that it delivers the same quality streams as Neptune Rising. So, it would be safe to say that Magicality is a suitable alternative to Neptune Rising.
So, here we are with the Magicality Kodi addon that tries to fill the void Neptune Rising left. And, I would say it is doing the job well. Magicality is new, and if you haven’t heard of it, don’t blame yourself. I discovered it only recently and as soon as I did, I felt compelled to share it with you. I am hoping you will like it because there is no reason not to, especially if you liked Neptune Rising. There is a big pool of content and plenty of effective scrapers to get you the working links. Give it a try!
Related:Legal Disclaimer - FireStickTricks.com does not verify the legality or security of any add-ons, apps or services mentioned on this site. Also, we do not promote, host or link to copyright-protected streams. We highly discourage piracy and strictly advise our readers to avoid it at all costs. Any mention of free streaming on our site is purely meant for copyright-free content that is available in the Public domain. Read our full disclaimer.
Disclosure - FireStickTricks.com is reader-supported blog. When you buy a product through links on our site, we may earn commission. Learn More