In this guide, I will show you how to install Smaug Addon on Kodi. This addon can be used with Kodi on all the supported devices, including FireStick, Fire TV Cube, Android Tablets & Mobiles, iOS, Computers, etc.
Smaug is a Kodi add-on that offers on-demand content including Movies & Shows. It also lets you watch YouTube Videos, Documentaries, and videos for Kids. Additionally, it has a special category called Smaugs Monthly Selection.
The addon is fetching quality links allowing you to stream in up to 1080p quality. However, it works best when you set it up with Real Debrid (instructions provided later in the guide).
Smaug addon has also been added to our collection of best-working addons for Kodi.
How to install Smaug Addon on Kodi
Smaug comes from a third-party source and is not part of the official repository of Kodi. This is why we need to change one security setting within Kodi.
Let’s break the process down into the following sections:
- Turn ON the Unknown Sources in the Kodi Settings
- Follow the installation steps for Smaug addon on Kodi
Part 1: Turn ON the Unknown Sources
Unknown Sources is the Kodi setting I was talking to you about. This must be taken care of first if you want to install Smaug or any other such addon.
Note: If you have already turned ON this option, you may skip to the next part straightaway
Open the Kodi application first and follow the steps below:
1. Go to the upper-left part of the screen and click the gear icon underneath the Kodi logo
This opens Settings
2. Now, the next thing you want to do is open the option System
3. Here, you should see a left menu with various option
We need to click Add-ons
4. Now, we go to the right and check whether Unknown Sources is OFF. If it happens to be OFF, click the toggle and switch it ON
5. You now see a warning message/prompt. Go ahead and click Yes to proceed
This is how you enable the addons from the unknown sources on Kodi.
Part 2: Installation steps for Smaug Kodi addon
In this part, we will cover the installation steps. Follow each step carefully. It will take only a few minutes to install the addon.
1. Access the Kodi Settings one more time from the home screen by clicking the cog/gear icon in the top-left corner
2. When you see these options, open File manager
3. Now, we need to click the option Add source
Since there are two of these options, you may click any on either side of the window
4. We are now going to click <None> on this popup window
5. You should now see a window that lets you enter the path or URL to the source from where Smaug addon will be installed
Carefully type in the following path: http://nitronwizard.co.uk/repository
I would check the URL once to make sure it has no typos
6. We now return to this window. The URL or source you added will be named here
Highlight the textbox where it asks you to enter the name of the source
Type in nitron (or type in any other name you like; just make it identifiable)
7. You may now press the back button/key one time to return to the Settings window again
OR, if you are on the home screen of Kodi, access Settings from the top-left corner
8. Now, open the option Install from zip file
9. A popup window is now displayed. On this window, you will find the source name you added earlier. Click the name
I added nitron and that’s what I am clicking
10. You will find a zip file to install the Nitron Repository: repository.NitronRepo.zip
Go ahead and click this file
11. Wait a bit for the repository to install
You should see the notification Nitron Repo Add-on installed in a few moments (top-right corner)
12. On the same window, open the option Install from repository
13. On the next window, you will find the Nitron Repo you just installed
Go ahead and open it
14. On this window, we will click Video add-ons
15. Select and click the Smaug addon on this list
Update: The addon may no longer be listed here. If you don’t seem Smaug on this list, please try one of the other addons at Best Addons for Kodi.
16. On the following screen, we will click the option Install in the bottom-right section
17. Kodi will now show you the list of the various additional addons that will be installed along with the Smaug addon
Just click OK
18. This prompt may pop up during the installation. It is from the YouTube addon.
No setup is required. Therefore, you may click NO
19. Now, we wait for the Smaug Kodi addon to install. It will take a few moments
You should see the Smaug Add-on installed notification in the upper-right section of the window in a few minutes
You have successfully installed Smaug add-on on Kodi.
Before you start streaming with Kodi Addons / Builds, I would like to warn you that everything you stream on Kodi is visible to your ISP and Government. This means, streaming copyrighted content (free movies, TV shows, Sports) might get you into legal trouble.
Kodi users are strongly advised to connect a VPN while streaming. A VPN for Kodi will bypass ISP throttling, Government Surveillance, and geo-restriction on popular Add-ons. I always connect ExpressVPN on all my streaming devices and I suggest you do the same.
ExpressVPN is the fastest and most secure VPN. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Meaning, you can use it freely for the first 30-days and if you are not satisfied with the performance (which is highly unlikely), you can ask for the full refund.
NOTE: We do not encourage the violation of the copyright laws. But, what if you end up streaming content from an illegitimate source unintentionally? It is not always easy to tell the difference between a legit and illegal source.
So, before you start streaming on Kodi, here's how to get VPN protection in 3 simple steps.
Step 1: Get the ExpressVPN subscription HERE.
Step 2: Click HERE to download and install the ExpressVPN app on your device.
Step 3: Click the Power icon to connect a VPN server. That's all. Your connection is now secure with the fastest and best VPN for Kodi.
How to use Smaug Kodi addon
The first thing you want to do is access the addon. You can do that from the Video add-ons section.
Go to the home screen of the Kodi app. Go to Add-ons > Video add-ons
You see the Smaug addon here. Go ahead and click it.
This is the main window of the Smaug addon. It has the following categories to choose from:
- Smaugs Monthly Selection
- TV Shows
- Kids Area
- YouTube Videos
Upon clicking a category, you will find various subcategories too. Explore the nested categories to find the content you wish to watch.
If you are looking for something specific, you can always use the Search option on the main window of the Smaug addon.
How to set up Real Debrid with Smaug Addon
Smaug addon, just like most addons, works best when you pair it with a premium link generator. Real Debrid is by far the best one.
I am giving the quick steps to set up Real Debrid with Smaug Kodi addon. For detailed information, visit our guide How to set up Real Debrid with Kodi.
Go to the main window of the addon. Scroll down and click Tools
Scroll down to the bottom again on the next window and click ResolveURL Settings
Click the tab Universal Resolvers on the left
Navigate to the Real-Debrid section on the right part of this window
Change the Priority value to 90 (default is 100)
Click (Re)Authorize My Account
You must now see the following popup with the Real Debrid authorization code
Go to the link https://real-debrid.com/device in a web browser
Log in with your Real Debrid account (if not already logged in)
Enter the code displayed on your Kodi window
This is how you authorize Real Debrid with Smaug.
Smaug Kodi addon looks like a decent option to watch movies, shows, and more. It is doing a fine job pulling quality streaming links. However, it works best when you pair it with Real Debrid. How do you like this addon? Let us know through the comments section below.Legal Disclaimer - FireStickTricks.com does not verify the legality or security of any add-ons, apps or services mentioned on this site. Also, we do not promote, host or link to copyright-protected streams. We highly discourage piracy and strictly advise our readers to avoid it at all costs. Any mention of free streaming on our site is purely meant for copyright-free content that is available in the Public domain. Read our full disclaimer.
Disclosure - FireStickTricks.com is reader-supported blog. When you buy a product through links on our site, we may earn commission. Learn More