In this guide, I will demonstrate how to install Strix on FireStick. You may apply the same methods to all FireStick products, including Fire TV Cube, FireStick 2nd/3rd Gen, FireStick 4K, and FireStick Lite. First, I’ll tell you what’s to like about Strix. Then, I’ll show you how to install it.
What Is Strix?
If you are a movie buff or a TV show enthusiast, Strix is all you need. Developed by Inside4ndroid, Strix is an Android app that gives users access to a big catalog of movies, shows, and live channels from around the world, absolutely free.
You can watch video content in 360p, 720p, or 1080p. The Strix app supports Android, Windows, Mac, Raspberry Pi, Linux, and more.
It is worth mentioning that it has adult content but offers a parental lock that prevents kids from viewing such content.
We can install Strix in two ways. We can either sideload it using the Downloader app or download it directly from the Amazon App Store.
Attention, FireStick Users!
Governments and ISPs constantly monitor your online activity, and accessing copyrighted content on your Fire TV Stick could lead to serious trouble. Currently, your IP is visible to everyone. I strongly recommend getting the best FireStick VPN to mask your IP address and securely stream your favorites.
I personally use ExpressVPN, the fastest and most secure VPN available. Not only is it easy to install on any device, it comes with a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee. Plus, if you're not 100% satisfied, you can always get a refund. ExpressVPN is currently also offering a whopping 3 extra months free on their annual plan!
How to Install Strix on FireStick Using Downloader
I will now show you how to install the Strix APK on FireStick using the Downloader app. In Method 2, I have provided the steps to install the app via the Amazon Store. However, since Strix is a third-party app, it is likely to get removed from the store in the future. Hence, you will need to rely on this Downloader method.
Part 1: Prepare Your FireStick to Install Strix
This method requires you to sideload the app through Downloader. Downloader is a free app in the official Amazon App Store. It’s easy to use and doesn’t show ads.
Those who are new to FireSticks may not have heard of Downloader before. It’s an app that helps FireStick users conveniently download files directly from online.
1. Start on the FireStick home screen and select Find.
2. Select Search.
3. Begin to type Downloader. You will see Downloader appear as a suggestion below the virtual keyboard. Scroll down and select it.
4. Choose Downloader, easily recognizable by its orange background.
5. Now, click Download or Get.
To continue with sideloading Strix, you’ll have to change some settings.
6. Go to the settings gear on the right side of the FireStick home screen.
7. Choose My Fire TV.
8. Click Developer Options.
9. Select ADB debugging to turn it on.
10. Select Install unknown apps.
Note: If you see Apps from Unknown Sources, select it to turn it on and skip the next step.
11. Select Downloader to turn it on.
Now you’re much closer to installing Strix!
Part 2: Sideload the Strix APK on FireStick
Let’s begin the installation steps.
1. Launch Downloader and click the URL text box.
2. Enter http://bit.ly/strix19 and click Go. Your download will begin.
3. Click INSTALL when the download has completed.
4. Wait until installation is finished.
5. Once installation concludes, click OPEN if you want to launch Strix immediately. If you want to use Strix later, click DONE.
6. Select Delete so that the Strix APK is deleted from your FireStick’s local storage. You don’t need the APK anymore because Strix is already installed.
7. Select Delete again to confirm removal of the APK file.
How to Install Strix on FireStick Using the Amazon App Store
Note: Strix is currently available via the Amazon App Store as well. However, it is a third-party app and may be removed from the Amazon store in the future. Therefore, I provided the sideloading method above in the event the app is no longer available via the Amazon store.
If you have already installed the app with Method 1 via Downloader, you do not need to follow these steps.
1. From the FireStick home screen, go to Find.
2. Now click Search.
3. Search for Strix, using either the voice option or the on-screen keyboard.
4. Now select Strix app from the list of suggestions under the on-screen keyboard.
5. Select Strix under Apps and Games.
6. Click the Download or Get button to install it on your FireStick.
7. Once the installation is finished, launch the app.
How to Use Strix on FireStick
If you don’t see Strix on the home screen, go to Settings -> Applications -> Manage Installed Applications -> Strix -> Launch application.
You may also press and hold the home button on your FireStick remote and then click Apps to access your installed apps.
1. Once the app launches, it will prompt you to access photos, media, and files on your device. Click Allow.
2. Strix will ask you to enter a random six-digit number to proceed. Enter 229156 in the field and click Submit.
3. Now set a parental pin of your choice (Strix contains a lot of adult content) and click OK.
The home screen of Strix is simple and straightforward. It has five tabs at the bottom: movies, TV shows, live TV, sports TV, and adult XXX.
Select movies or TV shows to watch on-demand content.
If you’d rather watch live TV, there are plenty of channel options for you.
If you select All on the home screen, you get a plethora of choices across all genres.
Adding Strix to the Home Screen
You can add Strix to the main bar of apps on the home screen.
1. Start on your FireStick home screen. Go to the see all button on the right side of the screen, just before the settings button.
2. Navigate to Strix. Then press the menu button on your remote.
3. Click Move.
4. Use the directional buttons on your remote to place Strix in the top row of apps. Press the select button (in the center of the directional buttons) to confirm the new location.
5. You can now access Strix from your home screen.
How to Integrate Real Debrid with Strix
Real Debrid is the streaming community’s favorite online service for enhancing the streaming experience. It helps you download premium content files hosted by different sources that usually require payment. The good news is you can integrate Real Debrid with Strix.
Note: Before integrating Real Debrid with Strix, make sure you sign up for a Real Debrid account.
1. From the Strix home screen, select the settings button in the top left corner.
2. Select Real Debrid – Login.
3. You will get a code on the screen.
4. Now open your internet browser on any device and go to https://real-debrid.com/device. Make sure you’ve already logged into Real Debrid from that device.
5. Enter the code and click Continue.
6. Once the application is allowed, it will ask you to give your device a name.
7. Give your device the name you prefer.
8. Now you are logged in.
How to Set Up a Media Player with Strix
Besides its default video player, Strix allows you to choose your favorite player as well. For this example, I will select VLC as my default video player.
1. From the FireStick home screen, go to Find.
2. Now click Search.
3. Search for VLC Player, find the app in the search results, and click the Download or Get button to install VLC on your FireStick.
4. Now launch Strix again and head to the settings button in the top-left corner.
5. Click on Choose Preferred Player.
6. Select VLC.
7. A message will appear at the bottom saying Player Set To: org.videolan.vlc. You’ve successfully changed Strix’s default video player to VLC Player.
8. Once you launch VLC Player, click Allow.
9. Now you are all set. Enjoy your movies and shows!
Your FireStick / Fire TV is now all ready to stream your favorite content. However, before you start, I would like to warn you that everything you stream online is visible to your ISP and Government. This means, streaming free movies, TV shows, Sports might get you into legal trouble.
Thankfully, there is a foolproof way to keep all your streaming activities hidden from your ISP and the Government. All you need is a good VPN for Fire Stick. A VPN will mask your original IP which is and will help you bypass Online Surveillance, ISP throttling, and content geo-restrictions.
I personally use and recommend ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is compatible with all kinds of streaming apps and is very easy to install on Fire TV / Stick.
We do not encourage the violation of copyright laws. But, what if you end up streaming content from an illegitimate source unintentionally? It is not always easy to tell the difference between a legit and illegal source.
So, before you start streaming on your Fire Stick / Fire TV, let’s see how to use ExpressVPN to keep your streaming activities hidden from prying eyes.
Step 1: Subscribe to ExpressVPN HERE. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Meaning, you can use it free for the first 30-days and if you are not satisfied with the performance (which is highly unlikely), you can ask for a full refund.
Step 2: Power ON your Fire TV Stick and go to Find followed by Search option.
Step 3: Now type “Expressvpn” (without quotes) in the search bar and select ExpressVPN when it shows up in the search results.
Step 4: Click Download to install the ExpressVPN app on Fire TV / Stick.
Step 5: Open the app and enter the login credentials that you created while buying the ExpressVPN subscription. Click Sign in.
Step 6: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That’s all. Your connection is now secure with the fastest and best VPN for FireStick.
You can also read more detailed info on using ExpressVPN with Fire TV / Stick.
Now sit back, grab the popcorn, and enjoy a plethora of content of your choice. Strix is one of the best ways to watch content for free instead of shelling out for high-priced subscriptions like Hulu and Netflix. Just remember to stay away from pirated, unlicensed, or otherwise illegal content.
Happy streaming!Legal Disclaimer - FireStickTricks.com does not verify the legality or security of any add-ons, apps or services mentioned on this site. Also, we do not promote, host or link to copyright-protected streams. We highly discourage piracy and strictly advise our readers to avoid it at all costs. Any mention of free streaming on our site is purely meant for copyright-free content that is available in the Public domain. Read our full disclaimer.
Disclosure - FireStickTricks.com is reader-supported blog. When you buy a product through links on our site, we may earn commission. Learn More