In this guide, I will demonstrate how to install Strix on FireStick. You may apply the same methods to all FireStick products. This includes Fire TV Cube, FireStick 2nd/3rd Gen, FireStick 4K, FireStick Lite, etc.
What Is Strix?
Developed by Inside4ndroid, Strix is an Android app that features an extensive catalog of movies, shows, and live channels worldwide for free. If you are a movie buff or a TV show enthusiast, Strix is all you need.
Strix features content in multiple video qualities like 360p, 720p, and 1080p. The Strix app supports Android, FireStick, Windows, and more platforms.
On Strix, you can also find adult content. But the offer is behind the parental lock preventing kids from viewing it.
We can install Strix in two ways. We can either download it directly from the Amazon App Store or sideload it using the Downloader app.
Strix also features on our list of best apps for FireStick.
Attention, FireStick Users!
Governments and ISPs constantly monitor your online activity, and accessing copyrighted content on your Fire TV Stick could lead to serious trouble. Currently, your IP is visible to everyone. I strongly recommend getting the best FireStick VPN to mask your IP address and securely stream your favorites.
I personally use ExpressVPN, the fastest and most secure VPN available. Not only is it easy to install on any device, it comes with a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee. Plus, if you're not 100% satisfied, you can always get a refund. ExpressVPN is currently also offering a whopping 3 extra months free on their annual plan!
Is Strix Safe & Legal?
Strix is officially available on Amazon App Store in some regions. You don’t need to worry about safety if you can download it from the official Amazon Store. However, it must be sideloaded from an unofficial source in regions where it is not available officially.
I ran a random virus test on the Strix APK file available via APKPure.com (the unofficial source), showing some serious concerns. Therefore, at FireStickTricks.com, we can’t say whether Strix is 100% safe or unsafe for your device.
If you are sideloading the app because you can’t find it in the Amazon Store, please proceed cautiously.
Strix’s legality is also unknown. Even though the app is listed on Amazon Store, it somehow provides videos from unverified sources. At FireStickTricks.com, we do not have the resources to verify the legitimacy of the sources.
That leaves you with one option, backing your safety while using Strix with a VPN like ExpressVPN.
Features of Strix
- Receives new content updates frequently
- Parental lock
- Real Debrid support
- Nicely drafted sections for Movies, TV shows, Live TV, Sports TV, and Adult XXX
- External video player support
How to Install Strix on FireStick
There are two ways to install Strix on FireStick:
- From Amazon Store (preferred if it is available).
- Sideloading (if unavailable on Amazon Store).
Method #1 – How to Install Strix on FireStick Using the Amazon App Store
Strix is currently available via the Amazon App Store as well. However, it’s a third-party app and may be removed from the Amazon store in the future. In that case, you can use the 2nd installation method.
1. From the FireStick home screen, go to Find.
2. Now click Search.
3. Search for Strix using the voice option or the on-screen keyboard. Next, select Strix App from the list of suggestions under the on-screen keyboard.
4. Select Strix under Apps and Games.
5. Click the Download or Get button to install it on your FireStick.
6. Wait for Strix to download & install on your FireStick.
7. A notification will appear – Strix Ready to launch!
You have successfully installed Strix on FireStick from the Amazon Store.
Your FireStick / Fire TV is now all ready to stream your favorite content. However, before you start, I would like to warn you that everything you stream online is visible to your ISP and Government. This means, streaming free movies, TV shows, Sports might get you into legal trouble.
Thankfully, there is a foolproof way to keep all your streaming activities hidden from your ISP and the Government. All you need is a good VPN for Fire Stick. A VPN will mask your original IP which is and will help you bypass Online Surveillance, ISP throttling, and content geo-restrictions.
I personally use and recommend ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is compatible with all kinds of streaming apps and is very easy to install on Fire TV / Stick.
We do not encourage the violation of copyright laws. But, what if you end up streaming content from an illegitimate source unintentionally? It is not always easy to tell the difference between a legit and illegal source.
So, before you start streaming on your Fire Stick / Fire TV, let’s see how to use ExpressVPN to keep your streaming activities hidden from prying eyes.
Step 1: Subscribe to ExpressVPN HERE. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Meaning, you can use it free for the first 30-days and if you are not satisfied with the performance (which is highly unlikely), you can ask for a full refund.
Step 2: Power ON your Fire TV Stick and go to Find followed by Search option.
Step 3: Now type “Expressvpn” (without quotes) in the search bar and select ExpressVPN when it shows up in the search results.
Step 4: Click Download to install the ExpressVPN app on Fire TV / Stick.
Step 5: Open the app and enter the login credentials that you created while buying the ExpressVPN subscription. Click Sign in.
Step 6: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That’s all. Your connection is now secure with the fastest and best VPN for FireStick.
You can also read more detailed info on using ExpressVPN with Fire TV / Stick.
Method #2 – How to Install Strix on FireStick Using Downloader
I’ll now show you how to install the Strix APK on FireStick using the Downloader app.
In Method 1, I have provided the steps to install the app via the Amazon Store. However, since Strix is a third-party app, it will likely be removed from the store. Hence, you will need to rely on this Downloader method.
Note: If you have already installed the app with Method 1 via Amazon App Store, you do not need to follow these steps.
Legal Disclaimer: This tutorial is purely educational. FireStickTricks.com doesn’t own, host, operate, resell, or distribute any streaming apps, addons, websites, IPTV or services. The page contains some unverified services, and we are not certain whether they hold legal licenses to distribute the content. FireStickTricks.com does not verify the legality of each app/service in all regions. Do your due diligence if you use any of the unverified apps/services, and stream only content that is available in the public domain. The end-user shall be solely responsible for the media accessed.
Part 1: Prepare Your FireStick to Install Strix
This method requires you to sideload the app through Downloader. Downloader is a free app in the official Amazon App Store. It’s easy to use and contains no ads. With the app, FireStick users can conveniently download files directly online.
After installing Downloader, we’ll enable an option called Install Unknown Apps for Downloader. Without it, Downloader can’t install third-party APKs on FireStick.
Quick preparation steps are as follows:
1. Select Find from FireStick home. Then, choose Search. After that, type Downloader and select Downloader from the suggestions. Then, choose Downloader. Lastly, click Download or Get.
2. Go to Settings Gear on the right side of the FireStick home screen. Then, click My Fire TV. After that, choose Developer options. Now, select Install unknown apps. After that, select Downloader to turn it ON.
Part 2: Sideload the Strix APK on FireStick
Let’s begin the installation steps.
1. Launch Downloader and click the URL text box.
2. Enter firesticktricks.com/strix and click Go.
Note: FireStickTricks.com does not host any APK files. This link downloads the file from an external server.
3. Your Strix APK download will begin. Please wait for it to finish.
4. Click INSTALL when the download has been completed.
5. Wait until the installation is finished.
6. Once installation concludes, click DONE.
7. Select Delete so the Strix APK is deleted from your FireStick’s local storage. You don’t need the APK anymore because Strix is already installed.
8. Select Delete again to confirm the removal of the APK file.
This is how you install Strix on FireStick.
How to Setup Strix on FireStick
Press and hold the Home button on your FireStick remote, then click Apps to access your installed apps. You may also create a home screen shortcut for the Strix app if you plan to use it frequently.
Wait for Strix to load.
Once Strix launches, it will prompt you to access your device’s photos, media, and files. Click Allow.
Strix will ask you to enter a random six-digit number to proceed. Enter 229156 in the field.
Next, click Submit.
Now set a parental pin of your choice (Strix contains a lot of adult content).
Click OK to save it.
How to Use Strix on FireStick
Strix’s home screen is simple. It has five tabs at the bottom: Movies, TV shows, Live TV, Sports TV, and Adult XXX.
By default, you land on Movies. Here, you can see the trending movies. You’ll also see sections like Favourites, All, and Search.
Next, we have TV shows to watch on-demand series.
After that, there’s the Live TV section. Here, you can watch your favorite channels for free.
Go to Sports TV to watch sports-related channels for free.
In the end, we have Adult XXX. Use a VPN if you see nothing inside it.
How to Integrate Real Debrid with Strix
Real Debrid is the streaming community’s favorite online service to enhance the streaming experience. It helps you download/stream premium content files hosted by different sources. The good news is you can integrate Real Debrid with Strix.
Note: Before integrating Real Debrid with Strix, make sure you sign up for a Real Debrid account.
1. From the Strix home screen, select the Settings button in the top left corner.
2. Select Real Debrid – Login.
3. You will get a code on the screen.
4. Now open your internet browser on any device and go to https://real-debrid.com/device. Make sure you’ve already logged into Real Debrid from that device. Enter the code and click Continue. Use on-screen instructions to complete the setup.
Congratulations! Now you are logged in.
How to Set Up a Media Player with Strix
Besides its default video player, Strix also allows you to choose your favorite player. For this example, I will select VLC as my default video player.
1. Launch Strix and head to Settings.
2. Click on Choose Preferred Player.
3. Select VLC (or the other player you want).
4. A message will appear at the bottom saying Player Set To: org.videolan.vlc. You’ve successfully changed Strix’s default video player to VLC Player.
This post demonstrated how to install Strix on FireStick. You can download the app from the Amazon Store or sideload it via the Downloader app. The app lets you watch movies and shows.
- How to Install FilmPlus on FireStick
- Install AstonCine on FireStick
- Best Jailbreak Apps for FireStick
- How to Install OneBox HD on FireStick
Disclosure - FireStickTricks.com is reader-supported blog. When you buy a product through links on our site, we may earn commission. Learn More