In this article, I will show you how to install and use the UnLinked app on FireStick. I will also provide the instructions to register and create UnLinked code and download the files using this app. The instruction provided in this article will essentially work for any Amazon Fire TV device, including Fire TV Cube, FireStick Lite, and FireStick 4K, as well as Android TV boxes, smartphones, and tablets.
FileLinked, a go-to application for many Fire TV users, is not working anymore. Fret not! There are tons of alternatives available online that make it easy to download third-party apps or apps that are not in the Amazon App Store.
Check out UnLinked, the latest app in town that aims to replace the defunct FileLinked. You can give UnLinked a try if you’re having a hard time remembering long URLs to download files.
What is UnLinked?
Similar to FileLinked, UnLinked uses short numeric codes to download apps from outside the Amazon App Store. With UnLinked, you can create a shortcode for your favorite app or library of apps, share it with the community, and make the whole downloading process simple and hassle-free.
Notably, you can create multiple code libraries with one UnLinked account. UnLinked lets you create, delete, manage, and modify the contents of your libraries from one dashboard.
If you’re worried about the security aspect of using UnLinked, I suggest you stop worrying. Each and every library you create is encrypted end-to-end using AES 256-bit encryption, the most robust encryption standard commercially available today.
Legal Disclaimer: This tutorial is purely educational. FireStickTricks.com doesn’t own, host, operate, resell, or distribute any streaming apps, addons, IPTV or services. The page contains some unverified services, and we are not certain whether they hold legal licenses to distribute the content. FireStickTricks.com does not verify the legality of each app/service in all regions. Do your due diligence if you use any of the unverified apps/services, and stream only content that is available in the public domain. The end-user shall be solely responsible for the media accessed.
In case you use a variety of devices, it’s good to know that UnLinked works on FireStick, Android TV, smartphones, and tablets.
Is UnLinked Safe and Legal?
These questions come up because UnLinked is a third-party app, meaning Amazon has a reason not to include UnLinked in its official app store.
The good news is I can definitely address the safety of installing UnLinked on your device. Using VirusTotal, I ran a security check on the URL that downloads UnLinked. According to the scan, the file is safe. There are no viruses or malicious threats in the UnLinked APK, so you can download and install it confidently.
The bad news is FireStickTricks.com does not verify the legality of using any third-party applications or services, including UnLinked.
UnLinked may be safe to install, but it facilitates installing countless third-party apps. Since those apps stream free content from various sources that are often unknown and possibly illegal, using UnLinked may indirectly result in you breaking the law. Your ISP (internet service provider) and government can see what you stream on your FireStick, so you could subject yourself to legal trouble in the future.
FireStickTricks.com does not endorse, advocate, or encourage illegal streaming or piracy. The information I provided in this article is for educational purposes only. If you decide to act upon any information on this website, you do so at your own discretion and risk.
Attention, FireStick Users!
Governments and ISPs constantly monitor your online activity, and accessing copyrighted content on your Fire TV Stick could lead to serious trouble. Currently, your IP is visible to everyone. I strongly recommend getting the best FireStick VPN to mask your IP address and securely stream your favorites.
I personally use ExpressVPN, the fastest and most secure VPN available. Not only is it easy to install on any device, it comes with a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee. Plus, if you're not 100% satisfied, you can always get a refund. ExpressVPN is currently also offering a whopping 3 extra months free on their annual plan!
How to Install UnLinked App on FireStick
You’ll need to sideload the UnLinked app on FireStick because it is not available in the official Amazon App Store. If you are new to the FireStick ecosystem, the term “sideload” may sound too technical for you, but trust me, it’s as easy as shooting fish in a barrel.
To make the installation process easier to follow, I am going to split it into two sections. The first section is about preparing your FireStick, and the second is about installing UnLinked. So, without any more delay, let’s do this.
Section 1: Preparing Your FireStick to Download UnLinked
To sideload any app (including UnLinked) on Fire TV devices quickly, we need to have an app called Downloader. Available officially on the Amazon AppStore, the Downloader app lets you install third-party APKs and other files easily. To get it, here’s what you need to do:
1. Select the Find option on your FireStick home screen.
2. Scroll down and click Search.
3. Now, start typing in Downloader. You don’t need to type the full name. Click on Downloader when it appears in the suggestions underneath the keyboard.
4. Click Downloader in the APPS AND GAMES section.
5. Click Download or Get. The app installation will begin now.
6. On the FireStick home screen, select Settings (the gear icon).
7. Locate and select My Fire TV.
8. Scroll down and click Developer Options.
9. Select Install unknown apps.
Note: If your screen shows Apps from Unknown Sources, select it to toggle it ON. You may ignore step 10 below.
10. Click on Downloader to turn it ON.
Part 2: Installing UnLinked on FireStick
Since we now have the Downloader app, let’s finish the UnLinked installation process.
1. Launch Downloader.
Note: If you ever have trouble finding a specific app, press and hold the home button on your remote, and select Apps from the menu that appears.
2. Select the URL input box as highlighted in the screenshot.
3. Enter https://unlinked.link in the box and click Go.
Note: FireStickTricks.com does not distribute or host this APK.
4. The link will take you to the official page of UnLinked. Scroll down the page using the directional button on your FireStick remote and select Download Android App.
5. Once the APK is downloaded, you will get a prompt to install it. Click INSTALL.
6. After installation, click DONE.
7. The UnLinked app is now installed, so you don’t need the APK anymore. Click the Delete option.
8. Click Delete again.
How to Add UnLinked to FireStick Home Screen
1. From your Firestick home screen, select the three-tile icon.
2. Scroll to UnLinked without selecting it. On your FireStick remote, press the menu button.
3. Select Move.
4. Move the app to the top row using the directional buttons on your remote. Press the select button to finalize the app’s placement.
5. You can now launch UnLinked from the home screen.
How to Use UnLinked App on FireStick
Go ahead and launch the UnLinked app! As you can see from the screenshot, this is how the home screen looks.
Now select Add in the bottom-left corner.
For the Library code, enter 7cd6a4f1.
For the Pin, enter 911911.
You now have access to a library created by TechDoctorUK.
Downloading an app from a library is a simple and straightforward process. Follow the below instructions to do so:
1. Select the app you want to get and click download.
2. Now, downloading will begin.
3. Once the download is complete, select the app again and select Launch.
4. Click INSTALL.
5. After installation, click DONE to launch it later. If you want to start using the app immediately, select OPEN instead.
Your FireStick / Fire TV is now all ready to stream your favorite content. However, before you start, I would like to warn you that everything you stream online is visible to your ISP and Government. This means, streaming free movies, TV shows, Sports might get you into legal trouble.
Thankfully, there is a foolproof way to keep all your streaming activities hidden from your ISP and the Government. All you need is a good VPN for Fire Stick. A VPN will mask your original IP which is and will help you bypass Online Surveillance, ISP throttling, and content geo-restrictions.
I personally use and recommend ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is compatible with all kinds of streaming apps and is very easy to install on Fire TV / Stick.
We do not encourage the violation of copyright laws. But, what if you end up streaming content from an illegitimate source unintentionally? It is not always easy to tell the difference between a legit and illegal source.
So, before you start streaming on your Fire Stick / Fire TV, let’s see how to use ExpressVPN to keep your streaming activities hidden from prying eyes.
Step 1: Subscribe to ExpressVPN HERE. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Meaning, you can use it free for the first 30-days and if you are not satisfied with the performance (which is highly unlikely), you can ask for a full refund.
Step 2: Power ON your Fire TV Stick and go to Find followed by Search option.
Step 3: Now type “Expressvpn” (without quotes) in the search bar and select ExpressVPN when it shows up in the search results.
Step 4: Click Download to install the ExpressVPN app on Fire TV / Stick.
Step 5: Open the app and enter the login credentials that you created while buying the ExpressVPN subscription. Click Sign in.
Step 6: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That’s all. Your connection is now secure with the fastest and best VPN for FireStick.
You can also read more detailed info on using ExpressVPN with Fire TV / Stick.
How to Create Your Own Library on UnLinked
Just like FileLinked, UnLinked allows you to create your own library. If there are tons of APKs you want to download and you don’t want to type their source URLs one by one, you can make a custom UnLinked library and install all the APKs with one code.
To make a library, you first need to register on the UnLinked website. Here’s what you need to do.
1. Go to UnLinked’s official website.
2. Click Register on the top right.
3. Now, fill in Username, Password, and Confirm Password.
Note: Your password must be at least 35 characters long, and you can’t reset it. So good luck with that!
4. After filling out the required information, check the two boxes and click Register.
5. Click Login, then log in to the website with your information.
6. Click Create.
7. Fill in the Library’s Name, Description, and Welcome message.
8. If you want a pin lock, check the box that reads Enable pin lock. Finally, click Create.
9. Boom! A new library is created.
10. You can add your APK files by clicking on the Files option and filling out the details.
I just introduced you to a great FileLinked replacement. Yes, the app is in its early stages, so we may not have plenty of libraries (app codes) at present. Otherwise, the app is great in terms of its interface, navigation, ease of use, and functionality. On top of that, the app doesn’t take up much space on your device. So what do you think about UnLinked? Let us know in the comments section below.
- How to Install Zoom on FireStick
- How to Install Vudu on FireStick
- How to Install Crackle on FireStick
- How to Install Paramount Plus on FireStick
Disclosure - FireStickTricks.com is reader-supported blog. When you buy a product through links on our site, we may earn commission. Learn More