In this article, I will explain how to install the 4K addon on Kodi. The instruction in this article will work the same way for all the Amazon devices including, FireStick 4K, Fire TV, FireStick Lite, and Fire TV Cube. But, first, here’s a quick overview of the 4K Kodi addon.
Gone are the days when 4K streaming used to be a luxury. Now 4K TVs are affordable and everywhere. Saying that, finding a good 4K content is still tricky, but once you know where to look, there’s plenty of content available.
Worry not! We have a solution, particularly if you are a cable cutter. With the increasing popularity of 4K contents (TV Shows and movies), third-party Kodi developers have been churning out addons that support 4K streaming features. One such addon is the 4K Kodi addon from Narcacist Repository.
The 4K Kodi addon supports Trakt integration. It also supports Debrid services including, Real Debrid, All Debrid, and Premiumize. With this addon, you can stream dedicated 4K movies and TV shows without any hassle. It is compatible with both Kodi 18 Leia and Kodi 19 Matrix.
You will also find the 4K addon on our list of best addons for Kodi.
Attention, Kodi Users!
Kodi Addons and builds offer unlimited streaming content, but could also get you into legal trouble if caught streaming free movies, TV shows, or sports. Currently, your IP is visible to everyone. Kodi users are strongly advised to always connect a VPN while streaming online. A good Kodi VPN hides your identity, bypasses government surveillance, geo-blocked content, and ISP throttling (which also helps in buffer-free streaming).
I personally use ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is very easy to install on any device including Amazon FireStick. You get 3-months free and save 49% on its annual plans. Also, it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you are not satisfied, you can always ask for a refund.
Now, let me guide you in installing the 4K Kodi addon to start exploring the content.
How to Install 4K Kodi addon
1. Launch Kodi. Hit the Settings (cog icon) on the upper side of the left pane.
2. Select System.
3. Click on the Add-ons tab. On the right side, select Unknown sources and turn on the toggle.
Note: Due to privacy and security concerns, the toggle will be disabled by default.
4. Click Yes if a warning window pops. Now the Unknown sources toggle is enabled.
5. Go back to the System page and select File Manager.
6. Click <None>
7. In the pop-up box, type http://narcacist.com/repo with the on-screen keyboard and click OK.
Note: Try replacing HTTP with HTTPS if you come across any problem.
8. Under the Media Source, define a name for the file. We added a narcacist. Click OK.
9. Return to Kodi’s home page and select Add-ons on the left. On the top right, choose Install from zip file.
If you are using Kodi 19, the following additional prompt is displayed. Click Yes
11. Choose narcacist.
12. Select repository.NarcasistWizard.zip and click OK.
13. Wait for a few minutes until you get a notification saying the repository is installed on the right top.
14. Choose the Install from repository option.
15. Select Narcasist’s Wizard Repository.
16. Click Video add-ons.
17. Navigate down to select 4K.
18. Hit on the Install.
19. Click OK if it asks you for the installation of the ‘additional add-on‘ popup.
20. Wait for few seconds until the installation gets completed. Once it’s done, you will get an Add-on installed message.
21. Go back to the Kodi homepage and select Add-ons. 4K should appear under Video add-ons.
Before you start streaming with Kodi Addons or Builds, I would like to warn you that everything you stream on Kodi is visible to your ISP and Government. This means, streaming copyrighted content (free movies, TV shows, live TV, and Sports) might get you into legal trouble.
Thankfully, there is a foolproof way to keep all your streaming activities hidden from your ISP and the Government. All you need is a good VPN for Kodi. A VPN will mask your original IP which is and will help you bypass Online Surveillance, ISP throttling, and content geo-restrictions.
I personally use and recommend ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is compatible with all kinds of streaming apps and devices.
NOTE: We do not encourage the violation of copyright laws. But, what if you end up streaming content from an illegitimate source unintentionally? It is not always easy to tell the difference between a legit and illegal source.
So, before you start streaming on Kodi, here's how to get VPN protection in 3 simple steps.
Step 1: Get the ExpressVPN subscription HERE. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Meaning, you can use it free for the first 30-days and if you are not satisfied with the performance (which is highly unlikely), you can ask for a full refund.
Step 2: Click HERE to download and install the ExpressVPN app on your streaming device. If you are using a FireStick, I have given the exact steps starting with Step 4 below.
Step 3: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That's all. Your connection is now secure with the fastest and best VPN for Kodi.
The following are the steps to install Kodi VPN on your Fire TV devices. If you have other streaming devices, follow Step 1-3 above.
Step 4: Subscribe to ExpressVPN HERE (if not subscribed already).
Step 5: Go to Fire TV Stick home screen. Click Find followed by Search option (see image below).
Step 6: Type Expressvpn in the search bar and select when it shows up.
Step 7: Click Download.
Step 8: Open the ExpressVPN app and Sign in using the email ID and password that you created while buying the ExpressVPN subscription.
Step 9: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That’s all. Your FireStick is now secured with the fastest VPN.
How to Integrate Real Debrid with 4K Kodi addonRecommended for smooth streaming
Real Debrid is a subscription service that will give you access to premium streams hosted on unrestricted servers. The Real Debrid service scrapes links from 56 hosts, including Mega, Filefactory, Data File, etc. Each host offers premium content, which typically needs you to pay for a subscription. The Real Debrid simplifies the procedure of obtaining these links.
Now let’s get into the process of integrating the Real Debrid with 4K Kodi addon.
1. From the 4K Kodi addon home screen, select Settings.
2. Select the Debrid option on top.
3. Turn on the toggle for Enable debrid service on the right side.
4. Under Choose debrid service section, make sure Real Debrid is selected.
5. Select Re-auth Real Debrid and click.
6. You will now get an authorization code that you can use to connect your Real-Debrid account. Note it down
7. Go to https://real-debrid.com/device using a web browser from another device.
Note: You must be logged into your Real Debrid account.
8. Enter the provided code and click Continue.
9. Set a name for the connection, totally your preference.
10. Done! Now you are ready to use the 4K addon on Kodi.
4K Kodi addon overview
Upon launching the 4K Kodi addon, you will be taken to the main menu, which consists of
- Main Section
- Movies by year
- Movies Alphabetically
- Movies Boxsets
- Movies Genres
- Kids Movies
- TV Shows
Under the Main Section folder, you can access thousand of 4K contents, be it movies or TV Shows by category. There are separate folders for classic, Horror, Kids, Marvel, Sci-Fi, and War movies.
Then there is a Movies by Year section. As you can guess, the 4K movies are arranged based on the year they got released. However, the 4K Kodi addon consists of collections from 2014 to 2021. The addon also lets you search movies based on alphabetical order, genres, and boxsets.
The 4K Kodi addon has a dedicated folder for kids’ content, encompassing cartoons, 3D movies, and anime. I must say the collections here are amazing.
The 4K Kodi addon lets you integrate with Trakt, but you need to authenticate it before.
How to Authenticate Trakt with 4K Kodi addon
1. Go to the Trakt folder from the addon home screen.
2. Click on any folder. Now you will get an Authentication Trakt pop-up window. Click Yes.
3. Similar to Real Debrid, you will now get an authorization code that you can use to connect your Trakt account. Note it down
4. Now go to https://trakt.tv/activate using a web browser from another device.
5. Enter the code and click Continue.
6. Click Yes if a window pops up again notifying you to use your account.
7. That’s it! Your Trakt account is now integrated with a 4K Kodi addon.
8. If you are setting up Trakt for the first time, you can continue the set-up process by clicking Continue setting up your account.
4K is an amazing Kodi addon that brings to you the host of movies and shows for free in 4K resolution. Since it supports Real Debrid, the 4K Kodi addon offers plenty of streaming links from high-quality servers. This is the perfect addon for all your 4K entertainment needs. If you have any queries, feel free to comment in the section below.Legal Disclaimer - FireStickTricks.com does not verify the legality or security of any add-ons, apps or services mentioned on this site. Also, we do not promote, host or link to copyright-protected streams. We highly discourage piracy and strictly advise our readers to avoid it at all costs. Any mention of free streaming on our site is purely meant for copyright-free content that is available in the Public domain. Read our full disclaimer.
Disclosure - FireStickTricks.com is reader-supported blog. When you buy a product through links on our site, we may earn commission. Learn More