This tutorial outlines the steps to install CrewNique build on Kodi 20 Nexus and Kodi 19 Matrix. I have used Windows 11 to take the screenshots in this guide. However, since the Kodi interface is identical across devices, you can use these steps on FireStick (4K, 4K Max, and other variants), Android TV, macOS, Windows 10, Raspberry Pi, iOS, Android, and more.
What is CrewNique Build?
CrewNique is a Kodi build that gives Kodi new skin, making the appearance more appealing. The build completely transforms the interface of the regular Kodi. The new interface is more user-friendly and streaming-friendly.
The build also comes bundled with many video addons for movies, shows, live TV, sports, and more. Therefore, there is a chance you may not need to get any addon separately.
The CrewNique build is available on the Crew Repo. The Crew is a popular third-party repository best known for The Crew addon.
CrewNique is one of the best Kodi builds I have used.
Attention, Kodi Users!
Kodi Addons and builds offer unlimited streaming content, but could also get you into legal trouble if caught streaming free movies, TV shows, or sports. Currently, your IP is visible to everyone. Kodi users are strongly advised to always connect to a VPN while streaming online. A good Kodi VPN hides your identity, bypasses government surveillance, geo-blocked content, and ISP throttling (which also helps in buffer-free streaming).
I personally use ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is very easy to install on any device including Amazon FireStick. You get 3 months free and save 49% on its annual plans. Also, it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you are not satisfied, you can always ask for a refund.
Is CrewNique Safe and Legal?
Let’s first talk about safety. The Crew Repo is a third-party program. It is not from the official repository of Kodi. I cannot be one hundred percent sure that it is entirely safe.
However, I have not faced any issues on my device. Furthermore, when I ran the repository with Virus Total, I did not find anything concerning. The image below shows you the scan result:
I am not sure whether CrewNique is legal or not. FireStickTricks lacks the resources to check each build or addon and determine its legal status.
Yes, the build comes bundled with many unofficial addons. These addons do procure streaming links from unknown providers. It is unlikely these providers have the copyright license or streaming rights.
How to Install CrewNique Build on Kodi
You are installing a build that is not available in the official repository of the Kodi app. The following steps will show you how to download and install the build from its original source. There are plenty of steps involved. Therefore, please follow each step carefully and miss nothing. However, don’t worry. It is not difficult at all.
Let’s get started:
Legal Disclaimer: This tutorial is purely educational. FireStickTricks.com doesn’t own, host, operate, resell, or distribute any streaming apps, addons, websites, IPTV or services. The page contains some unverified services, and we are not certain whether they hold legal licenses to distribute the content. FireStickTricks.com does not verify the legality of each app/service in all regions. Do your due diligence if you use any of the unverified apps/services, and stream only content that is available in the public domain. The end-user shall be solely responsible for the media accessed.
Part 1: Changing a Kodi Setting to Enable Unknown Sources
The source of the Crewnique build is a third-party website. It is considered an unknown source. To allow Kodi to install Crewnique, please make the following changes:
1. Go to the Kodi home window. Navigate to the top-left. Click the cog icon and open Settings.
2. Click the System folder on the next screen.
3. Locate Add-ons on the left and then enable the option Unknown Sources on the right. This option should be turned on if it is off.
4. You get a prompt with a message. For now, let’s ignore this message and click Yes.
You have allowed CrewNique Kodi Build installation from an unknown source.
Part 2: Provide the Source Path & Install the Crew Repository
Now you know that the CrewNique build is from an unknown source. Next, we tell Kodi which source that is. We will provide the URL of the source in the following steps:
1. Navigate to the Kodi Settings window one more time.
2. Open the folder titled File manager.
3. Look for Add source on this screen. Click or double-click it, depending on what works on your device.
4. Your Kodi screen must now display a popup. Locate and click <None>.
5. On this window, you provide the path or URL, which is https://team-crew.github.io
Type it very carefully because one typo can cause installation problems later. Save the URL by clicking OK.
Note: You just typed the URL to the source of the Crew Repository. It is a third-party source. FireStickTricks.com has no association with the owners of the repository.
6. You will notice that the text box for the source name is blank. Click the box to type a name.
7. Since we are installing the build from the Crew repo, we will use the name Crew (or you may choose a different name. It is entirely up to you). Click OK.
8. Confirm everything is right and click OK to save the changes.
9. You should see that your chosen name is visible on this window. Press the back button.
10. You must now return to the Settings window. If you are on any other window, get back to this window by clicking the cogwheel icon on the home screen. Click Add-ons.
11. Open the item Install from zip file.
12. If this prompt is displayed, click Yes.
13. There is a popup window now. It has the list of the sources you have added. Click Crew or whatever name you gave it earlier.
14. You will now see this screen with a zip file. Click the zip file. It will install the Crew repository.
15. It won’t take long. Wait until a notification says the repository installation is complete (upper-right).
16. Choose the option from the same screen Install from repository.
17. Open the Crew Repo you installed moments ago.
18. You should see a bunch of options on this screen. Click Program add-ons.
19. This window shows you the list of the Wizards. Each Wizard contains its own set of builds. We are picking The Crew Wizard.
20. Locate and click the button Install on the following screen to install the Wizard.
21. Wait. You are installing the Crew Wizard from the Crew Repo. It takes a few seconds. When the installation is finished, a notification will be in the upper-right corner.
22. A prompt should also appear within moments from installation. Click Dismiss.
23. There is no need to change anything on this popup. You will reset Kodi before installing CrewNique. However, if you know what you are doing, go ahead and make the changes and click Continue.
24. If you choose the button Build Menu on this prompt, you may skip the next few steps in the next section. I am choosing Ignore right now to show you how to open the build menu from the Kodi home screen (next section).
In this section, you installed the Crew Repo and the Crew Wizard. Let’s go to the next part.
Part 3: Install CrewNique Kodi Build
The Crew Wizard you just installed will let you install the CrewNique build. Let’s see how:
1. Go to the home screen of Kodi and then choose the option Add-ons in the menu.
2. Next, go to Program add-ons > The Crew Wizard.
3. Open the folder Builds.
4. Locate and click CrewNique on the build menu. You can see there are multiple builds here. You can try another build some other time by following the same steps.
5. There are two ways to install the CrewNique Kodi build – Fresh or Standard Install. When you choose Fresh Install, you wipe out all the Kodi data, addons, and settings and reset Kodi to its factory settings. On the other hand, Standard Install retains some of your data, but there is no guarantee that it will save everything.
I recommend Fresh Install because I have experienced that the builds are more stable this way. So, I am choosing Fresh Install.
6. Confirm you wish to fresh install the build by clicking Continue.
7. The download has started. It usually takes less than a minute. However, it also depends on your connection and load on the server.
8. The CrewNique build is now getting installed. Wait for a few seconds.
That’s how you install CrewNique build on Kodi.
Before you start streaming with Kodi Addons or Builds, I would like to warn you that everything you stream on Kodi is visible to your ISP and Government. This means, streaming copyrighted content (free movies, TV shows, live TV, and Sports) might get you into legal trouble.
Thankfully, there is a foolproof way to keep all your streaming activities hidden from your ISP and the Government. All you need is a good VPN for Kodi. A VPN will mask your original IP which is and will help you bypass Online Surveillance, ISP throttling, and content geo-restrictions.
I personally use and recommend ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is compatible with all kinds of streaming apps and devices.
NOTE: We do not encourage the violation of copyright laws. But, what if you end up streaming content from an illegitimate source unintentionally? It is not always easy to tell the difference between a legit and illegal source.
So, before you start streaming on Kodi, here's how to get VPN protection in 3 simple steps.
Step 1: Get the ExpressVPN subscription HERE. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Meaning, you can use it free for the first 30-days and if you are not satisfied with the performance (which is highly unlikely), you can ask for a full refund.
Step 2: Click HERE to download and install the ExpressVPN app on your streaming device. If you are using a FireStick, I have given the exact steps starting with Step 4 below.
Step 3: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That's all. Your connection is now secure with the fastest and best VPN for Kodi.
The following are the steps to install Kodi VPN on your Fire TV devices. If you have other streaming devices, follow Step 1-3 above.
Step 4: Subscribe to ExpressVPN HERE (if not subscribed already).
Step 5: Go to Fire TV Stick home screen. Click Find followed by Search option (see image below).
Step 6: Type Expressvpn in the search bar and select when it shows up.
Step 7: Click Download.
Step 8: Open the ExpressVPN app and Sign in using the email ID and password that you created while buying the ExpressVPN subscription.
Step 9: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That’s all. Your FireStick is now secured with the fastest VPN.
How to Use CrewNique Build on Kodi
Let me give you a rundown of the CrewNique Build.
The builds need some time to prepare everything when you launch them the first time. Therefore, when you relaunch Kodi after installing the build, leave it for a few minutes.
When the CrewNique build has set itself up and loaded completely, you see the home screen, as displayed in the image below.
First, you will notice that it has an entirely different interface from the regular Kodi interface. The standard interface has the menu bar placed vertically and on the left as a sidebar. The CrewNique build has a horizontal menu. In addition, there is a cyclic submenu at the bottom.
You can explore the regular categories through the menu bar, such as Movies, Shows, Sports, Live TV, and more.
Click a submenu to view related categories. For example, I clicked the Genres submenu within the Movies menu. It gave me a new window with the following genres (image below).
The above subcategories are from the Crew addon. You will find a bunch of other addons with the CrewNique build, including Ghost, Purely Wrestling, and more.
Go to Apps > Video Add-ons to explore all the addons bundled with the CrewNique Kodi build.
Here is the window with all the addons.
The CrewNique build is straightforward. Start exploring and discovering new and exciting features. If you need help, scroll down to the comments section and let me know.
How to Get Real Debrid and Trakt with CrewNique
Real Debrid and Trakt are two popular services among the users of Kodi builds. Let me show you how to set them up with the CrewNique Build.
Setting Up Real Debrid
I always use Real Debrid with my builds. It enhances my streaming experience dramatically with tons of higher-quality links.
I will show you how to set up Real Debrid (RD) with The Crew addon. The Crew addon comes bundled with the CrewNique build. Setting up RD with the Crew will configure it with all other supported addons.
Here are the steps:
1. Go to Apps > Video Add-ons.
2. Open The Crew addon from the list.
3. Scroll down and click Tools.
4. Click ResolveURL: Settings on the next screen.
5. On the popup, select the tab Universal Resolvers 2 > (Re) Authorize My Account.
6. Wait for this popup window. As you can see, this window has a code. Make a note of this code. Next, go to real-debrid.com/device and type this code to authorize RD. Sign in to your RD account if you aren’t already.
Setting Up Trakt
You can set up Trakt individually with each addon. I am showing you how to do it with the Crew addon.
1. Go to Apps > Video Add-ons.
2. Open The Crew addon from the list.
3. Scroll down and click Tools.
4. Click Trakt Authorize.
5. Note down the code on the prompt. Go to Trakt.tv/activate to authorize. Sign in to your Trakt account if you haven’t done that already.
This guide showed you how to install CrewNique Kodi build. CrewNique is a simple and elegant build. It comes bundled with numerous Kodi addons to start watching your favorite content immediately. In addition, it has a stylish interface that makes Kodi more appealing.
- How to Install Green Monster Build
- How to Install Xenon Kodi Build
- How to Install Smokin Build
- How to Install HardNox Kodi Build
Suberboost Your FireStick with My Free Guide
Stay Ahead: Weekly Insights on the Latest in Free Streaming!
No spam, ever. Unsubscribe anytime.
Disclosure - FireStickTricks.com is reader-supported blog. When you buy a product through links on our site, we may earn commission. Learn More