In this tutorial, you will learn to install MediaBox HD on FireStick. The installation instructions provided in this guide work on FireStick, Fire TV Stick 4K, Fire TV, Fire TV Cube, and FireStick Lite.
MediaBox HD has quickly become one of the most widely used apps for Movies and TV Shows. The app showcases a huge line-up of content through a simple and easy-to-use interface. The content library is constantly updated. The recently released flicks and aired episodes are added to the catalog on a regular basis.
The ability to look up high-quality streaming links and fast playback make MediaBox HD one of the preferred entertainment apps. Real-Debrid integration makes the experience even more satisfactory.
MediaBox HD is largely free. However, if you want some specials, you can donate and become a VIP member. Your donation helps the developers keep providing quality service. But, remember that even if you are not a VIP member, you can still stream all the movies and shows for free.
Attention, FireStick Users!
Governments and ISPs constantly monitor your online activity, and accessing copyrighted content on your Fire TV Stick could lead to serious trouble. Currently, your IP is visible to everyone. I strongly recommend getting the best FireStick VPN to mask your IP address and securely stream your favorites.
I personally use ExpressVPN, the fastest and most secure VPN available. Not only is it easy to install on any device, it comes with a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee. Plus, if you're not 100% satisfied, you can always get a refund. ExpressVPN is currently also offering a whopping 3 extra months free on their annual plan!
- Go to FireStick home-screen (if you are not already there)
- Navigate to the top-left corner and select the lens icon (search option)
- Type the app name (Downloader) using the onscreen keyboard
- Click the name of the app in the search results
- Click the app icon on the next window
- Click Download to download and install the app
Installation Prerequisite: Enable Apps from Unknown Sources
Unlike Downloader, MediaBox HD is not available on the Amazon Store. This app needs to be sideloaded onto FireStick. To allow sideloading, one FireStick setting must be changed. Follow these steps:
1. From the home screen of FireStick, select Settings (on the top menu bar)
2. Navigate to My Fire TV (or Device) and click it.
3. Click Developer Options.
4. If the option Apps from Unknown Sources is disabled/OFF, click it and turn it ON.
5. When prompted, choose Turn on to keep the option turned on.
Installing MediaBox HD APK on FireStick Using Downloader
Use the Downloader app to install MediaBox on HD by following the steps below:
1. Launch Downloader app
2. Make sure the Home option on the left sidebar is selected
3. You must see a URL text field on the right part of the Downloader window. Go ahead and click inside it
4. Go ahead and enter the following URL using the onscreen keyboard: https://firesticktricks.com/mbhd
Note: You may also simply enter firesticktricks.com/mbhd
5. Confirm that the URL is entered correctly and click GO (or press the Play/Pause key on the FireStick remote)
6. Wait for the MediaBox APK to download. It will take a few minutes
7. Downloader will run the APK file when it has been downloaded. You should now see this window. Scroll down to the bottom right of the screen. You will notice that the Next button is replaced by the Install button
8. Click Install to proceed
9. Wait for a minute or two for MediaBox HD to install on your FireStick
10. You will see the App installed notification when the installation has finished
11. If you want to run the MediaBox HD app, go ahead and click Open. But, let’s first click Done and return to the Downloader interface to delete the MediaBox HD APK file, which is not needed anymore
12. Click Delete
13. Click Delete one more time on the next prompt to confirm your intent
Well, that’s it. You have successfully installed MediaBox HD on Amazon FireStick using the Downloader app.
Before you start streaming with MediaBox HD, I would like to warn you that everything you stream online is visible to your ISP and Government. This means streaming copyrighted content (free movies and TV shows) might get you into legal trouble.
Thankfully, you can hide your online streaming/browsing activities with a VPN. A VPN, a.k.a Virtual Private Network, helps you bypass ISP throttling, Government Surveillance, and content geo-restrictions.
We do not encourage the violation of copyright laws. But what if you end up streaming content from an illegitimate source unintentionally? It is not always easy to tell the difference between a legit and illegal source.
How to Access and Use MediaBox HD on Amazon Fire Stick
To access MediaBox HD (or any other recently installed app), you need to go to the section Your Apps & Channels. This is the section where you will find the list of all your apps.
- Press and hold the Home button on the remote of your FireStick for 5 seconds. A new window will appear. Click Apps.
- Now scroll down and select the MediaBox HD app icon.
- Click the app to open it. If you want to move this app to the home screen, follow the next steps.
- Press the Menu button on the FireStick remote.
- Click the Move option on the popup menu that shows in the bottom right corner of your screen.
6. Use the navigation keys to place the app icon in the desired spot in one of the top 3 rows (only these rows appear on the FireStick home screen)
7. Click Okay/Select key on your remote to release the app icon
Alright! Let’s start exploring the app now.
When you run the app, you may see this prompt. Don’t worry about it. Go ahead and click OK.
This is what the home-screen of MediaBox HD looks like on FireStick
As you can see, the interface of MediaBox HD is a bit different from the other on-demand apps. There are four tabs on the bottom menu bar:
- TV Shows
The app launches with the Discover tab selected by default. This tab has some exciting options. In the top row, you will find the following options:
- Full HD
- Blue-ray 3D
- TV Shows Calendar
- Just Pick a Movie for Me
- Best Horror Series on Netflix
- IMDb Top 250 Movies
- Netflix Best TV Series
Full HD and Blue-ray 3D are reserved for VIP Members. You can also become a VIP Member by donating to the developers. The donation option is available in the menu on the top left. However, at the time of writing this guide, these options are streaming for non-VIP members also. It may change in the future, though.
TV Shows Calendar lists the air time of episodes for various TV shows for the current date. I also like the Just Pick a Movie for Me, which randomly picks any movie for streaming.
The second row in the Discover tab features the Collection category. You can consider it a collection of Boxsets. It lets you watch all the movies from various popular franchises.
MediaBox HD also supports Trakt and Real Debrid sign-in. With Trakt, you can sync your watchlist across various devices. Real Debrid integration makes sure you have access to more Full-HD streaming for movies and shows.
MediaBox HD is easily one of the best entertainment apps for FireStick presently. I love its simple, easy-to-use interface and hassle-free, fluid navigation. The app also has a massive collection of Movies and TV Shows. Give it a try!
- How to Jailbreak Amazon FireStick
- How to install Rokkr App on Fire Stick
- How to install BeeTV on FireStick
- Best Free Movie APKs
Disclosure - FireStickTricks.com is reader-supported blog. When you buy a product through links on our site, we may earn commission. Learn More