In this article, I will demonstrate how to install and use the UK Turks App on FireStick and Android TV. The instructions in this guide will work essentially the same way on FireStick 4K, Fire TV 2nd/3rd Generation, Fire TV Stick Lite, and Fire TV Cube. They also work on other Android TV boxes, such as the NVIDIA SHIELD, Chromecast, and MECOOL box.
If you use Kodi, chances are that UK Turks is familiar to you. UK Turks’ Playlists addon has been one of the most popular Kodi addons for years now, and for good reasons too. Any list of the top Kodi addons should mention it. However, it has recently been released as an app on FireStick and Android TV, giving users access to more features and more content than they used to have.
UK Turks App is an all-in-one app that offers wide-ranging entertainment for its users. If you are looking for a streaming app that ticks the boxes in virtually every segment of entertainment, then this is the perfect option for you.
On the UK Turks App, you can watch movies and TV shows from an extensive library. But that’s not all—you can also stream content like Live TV, documentaries, sports, standup comedy, concerts, cartoons, radio, and even CCTV. Apart from Live TV, which can be buggy and inconsistent, I found that the app’s streaming channels are high-quality and reliable.
UK Turks App is a collaboration between UK Turks and Inside4ndroid. The app offers a simple, intuitive, and user-friendly interface. It’s also entirely free. You are not required to register or subscribe to stream your favorite content on this app. In this guide, we’ll download UK Turks App from the official website.
Attention, FireStick Users!
Governments and ISPs constantly monitor your online activity, and accessing copyrighted content on your Fire TV Stick could lead to serious trouble. Currently, your IP is visible to everyone. I strongly recommend getting the best FireStick VPN to mask your IP address and securely stream your favorites.
I personally use ExpressVPN, the fastest and most secure VPN available. Not only is it easy to install on any device, it comes with a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee. Plus, if you're not 100% satisfied, you can always get a refund. ExpressVPN is currently also offering a whopping 3 extra months free on their annual plan!
How to Install UK Turks App on FireStick
First, I will explain how to install the UK Turks App on Amazon FireStick through a process known a sideloading. It’s simpler than it may seem. We just need to get an app called Downloader and then change some FireStick settings. Then we’ll be able to download UK Turks.
Part 1: Install the Downloader App
Downloader is an app that allows you to download apps and other files from the internet onto your FireStick. It’s essential for sideloading third-party apps.
To learn more about Downloader, you can check out our detailed guide on how to download apps on FireStick with Downloader.
1. Go to your FireStick home screen and click Find on the menu bar.
If you still use an older version of FireStick, select the search icon (magnifying glass) at the top-left corner instead.
2. Select Search.
3. Using the on-screen keyboard, start typing Downloader into the search bar. After typing a few letters, you will see Downloader among the suggestions below the keyboard. Scroll down and select it.
4. You’ll be shown the search results. Find and select Downloader, which will be under Apps & Games.
5. Click Get or Download and wait for the app to download and install.
Now that you have Downloader, I’ll show you how to make the necessary changes in your FireStick settings.
Part 2: Enable Apps from Unknown Sources
UK Turks is a third-party app. Consequently, you must allow installing apps from unknown sources so you can sideload it to your device. Here’s how to do that:
1. From your FireStick home screen, click the settings gear on the menu bar.
2. Click My Fire TV.
3. Click Developer options.
4. Select ADB debugging to turn it on.
5. Select Install unknown apps.
Note: If your settings show Apps from Unknown Sources instead, click it to turn it on and then ignore the next step.
6. Select Downloader to turn it on.
7. A warning about third-party apps may appear. Click Turn On.
Part 3: Install UK Turks App
We’re almost done. The final step in the process is downloading and installing the UK Turks App using Downloader.
1. On your FireStick home, select the view all apps button on the right side of the screen. It’s just to the left of the settings gear, as highlighted in the screenshot below.
2. Find and select Downloader to launch it.
3. When you open Downloader for the first time, you will be prompted to allow certain permissions. Allow them and move on to the next step.
4. On the Downloader home page, click the Enter a URL box near the center of the screen.
5. Type in https://media-apps.com/app/uk-turks and then click Go.
Note: Enter it exactly as shown. Be careful not to make any typos.
6. Click Visit Page and wait for the download to finish.
7. Click INSTALL in the window that pops up.
8. Wait for a few seconds while UK Turks App installs on your FireStick.
9. A message will confirm that installation is complete. Click Done to return to Downloader.
10. Select Delete to get rid of the UK Turks APK file. The APK file is only used for installation, so you don’t need it anymore. Deleting it will free up space on your FireStick.
11. Select Delete again to confirm that you want the file deleted.
You’ve completed the installation of the UK Turks App. Your FireStick is now ready to stream your favorite content.
Your FireStick / Fire TV is now all ready to stream your favorite content. However, before you start, I would like to warn you that everything you stream online is visible to your ISP and Government. This means, streaming free movies, TV shows, Sports might get you into legal trouble.
Thankfully, there is a foolproof way to keep all your streaming activities hidden from your ISP and the Government. All you need is a good VPN for Fire Stick. A VPN will mask your original IP which is and will help you bypass Online Surveillance, ISP throttling, and content geo-restrictions.
I personally use and recommend ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is compatible with all kinds of streaming apps and is very easy to install on Fire TV / Stick.
We do not encourage the violation of copyright laws. But, what if you end up streaming content from an illegitimate source unintentionally? It is not always easy to tell the difference between a legit and illegal source.
So, before you start streaming on your Fire Stick / Fire TV, let’s see how to use ExpressVPN to keep your streaming activities hidden from prying eyes.
Step 1: Subscribe to ExpressVPN HERE. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Meaning, you can use it free for the first 30-days and if you are not satisfied with the performance (which is highly unlikely), you can ask for a full refund.
Step 2: Power ON your Fire TV Stick and go to Find followed by Search option.
Step 3: Now type “Expressvpn” (without quotes) in the search bar and select ExpressVPN when it shows up in the search results.
Step 4: Click Download to install the ExpressVPN app on Fire TV / Stick.
Step 5: Open the app and enter the login credentials that you created while buying the ExpressVPN subscription. Click Sign in.
Step 6: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That’s all. Your connection is now secure with the fastest and best VPN for FireStick.
You can also read more detailed info on using ExpressVPN with Fire TV / Stick.
How to Use UK Turks on FireStick
After installing UK Turks on your FireStick, you can explore the app to get a feel for the content it offers. Let me show you how to access the app from your FireStick home screen.
First, press and hold the home button on your remote control. A menu will display on the screen. Click on Apps.
Look through your installed apps and find UK Turks. Scroll to it but do not select it. Instead, press the options button on your remote and then select Move. Use the navigational buttons to move UK Turks to the top row of apps. It will now be available on your FireStick home screen.
Select the UK Turks App to launch it. You will find that the app’s interface is quite user-friendly. The home screen organizes the available content into various categories:
- Live TV
- TV Shows
Each category is further broken down into sub-categories for easier navigation.
For example, when you click on Live TV, you can choose between Live TV, Sports TV, Turkish TV, PPV Replays, and CCTV.
Clicking any of the sub-categories will bring up several channels for you to choose from.
If you select Movies instead of Live TV on the UK Turks home screen, you can watch movies based on genre. For the very latest releases, there is a section called New Movies.
How to Use an External Media Player with UK Turks
UK Turks includes a media player. However, it also allows users to switch to other media players if they prefer.
You can change your default media player from the settings gear in the top-right corner of the app’s home screen.
In settings, click on Player Settings.
Now you can select an external player, like MX Player Free Version, MX Player Pro, or VLC Player. If you already have one installed on your FireStick, just select it to switch.
How to Install UK Turks on Android TV Devices
There are three main types of Android TV devices:
- Smart TVs that run on the Android TV operating system
- Devices like the NVIDIA SHIELD and Mi Box that run on the Android TV operating system
- Stock Android TV boxes that run on the Android mobile operating system
Each of these devices has the Google Play Store app, letting you download official Android apps. However, UK Turks is not available for download in the Google Play Store. As a result, you will have to use Downloader to sideload the app to your Android TV device.
- On your Android TV home screen, go to Apps.
- Select Get More Apps.
- Click the Search icon.
- Use the virtual keyboard to type Downloader.
- Select Downloader.
- Select Install and wait for the installation.
- After Downloader has installed, go back to your home screen.
- Click Settings.
- Select Security & Restrictions.
- Select Unknown Sources, and then enable Unknown Sources for Downloader.
- Return to the home screen.
- Select Apps and navigate to the Downloader app.
- A pop-up message will prompt you to give Downloader permissions. Select Allow to grant Downloader access.
- Click OK.
- In the URL box that will appear, type https//media-apps.com/app/uk-turks and click Go.
- Click Download Now and wait for the file to download.
- When a confirmation message appears, select Install.
- Wait for a few seconds while the app is installed.
- Now you can go back and delete the APK file or click OPEN to use the app.
Is UK Turks Legal and Safe to Use?
UK Turks may be a popular streaming app, but it is not available for download on official app stores, such as the Google Play Store and the Amazon App Store. This may cause users to wonder whether the app is legal and safe to use.
UK Turks does not host any of the content that it offers for streaming. Instead, it pulls the links for its content from other websites that host it. As a result, it grants you access to content that may be copyright-protected.
FireStickTricks.com does not have the resources to independently verify the legal status of the UK Turks app. If you only view content on UK Turks that is not protected by copyright licenses, you should not have any legal trouble.
To be completely safe, I recommend that you use a good VPN while using UK Turks on your FireStick or Android TV device. ExpressVPN can hide your online identity, keeping you anonymous while you stream. This protects you from potential trouble with your ISP or the authorities.
UK Turks is an all-in-one app that brings a world of entertainment to your fingertips. The app offers a huge collection of movies, series, cartoons, sports, comedy, documentaries, concerts, and even live TV channels. I highly recommend using UK Turks to cover all your entertainment needs.
In this guide, I showed you how to install and use the UK Turks App on FireStick and Android TV boxes. What did you think? We love hearing about your experiences and receiving your feedback, so please share your thoughts in the comments below!
- How to Install Tea Sports Live on FireStick
- How to Install Thunder TV on FireStick
- How to Install Airy TV on FireStick
- Free APKs to Watch Movies and TV Shows
Disclosure - FireStickTricks.com is reader-supported blog. When you buy a product through links on our site, we may earn commission. Learn More