In this post, you will learn how to watch Super Bowl 2022 for free without a cable TV subscription. You will find the instructions to stream Super Bowl in the US as well as unlock it abroad.
THIS POST IS NOT UPDATED
There is great news for the cord-cutters. You can now watch Super Bowl 2022 for free on your streaming devices. You do not need cable TV to do it.
Super Bowl is one of the most important sporting events in the USA and it would be sad if you missed it just because you had no cable. Thankfully, you can watch Super Bowl 2022 on FireStick and other devices, including Android, iOS, and even computers for free.
Keep reading to know-how!
How to watch Super Bowl 2022 with Fox Sports
While there are multiple ways to stream Super Bowl 2022, I find Fox Sports the easiest one. You do not require any TV subscription to use the Fox Sports service. Furthermore, Fox Sports has apps for almost all the TV devices including Amazon FireStick, Android TV, Roku, Apple TV, and more.
Also, you can watch Super Bowl 2022 in a web browser on the Fox Sports Website.
Fox Sports will cover the following:
- The entire gameday action. You can tune in with the pregame coverage, enjoy the halftime event, and of course the actual gameplay as well.
- Super Bowl coverage in 4K on the supported devices
- Bonus Content: In-depth coverage of the game
- Masked Singer Premiere
- All the awaited commercials
Sign up for a Fox Sports account
The first thing you need is to create and set up a free account on the Fox Sports website.
Follow the steps below:
1. Use a computer or mobile browser and go to https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/super-bowl-2020
2. When the page loads up, click the Get Started option
3. Click Sign Up to create a new account (you may also sign up with your Facebook account)
4. Enter your email address and choose a password. Also, provide your first and last name
If you do not wish to receive the daily newsletter and email updates from Fox Sports, uncheck the box ‘Subscribe to the Fox Sports Insider daily newsletter’
Click Sign Up
5. You are now required to pick your favorite game and teams
Choose the desired options and click Next in the top-right corner of this popup
6. To confirm your sign up, go to your email inbox. Open the Email Verification email from Fox Sports.
Click the Verify Email link/button in the email to finalize the signup
Watch Super Bowl 2022 in a Web Browser
Now that you have signed up, you can watch Super Bowl 2022 in a web browser on a computer or mobile.
Follow these simple steps:
1. Go to the Fox Sports Super Bowl 2022 page https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/super-bowl-2020
Click Sign In in the top-right corner or click the Get Started button in the middle of the page
2. Sign in with your Email address and password or login with your Facebook account
3. Click the live streaming link of the game you want to watch
Watch Super Bowl 2022 on Amazon FireStick
Fox Sports app is available on Amazon Store if you live in the US. The app works on all Fire TV devices including Firestick 2nd Gen, Firestick 4K, and Fire TV Cube.
Follow the steps below to install Fox Sports app and stream Super Bowl 2022 on FireStick or other Fire TV models:
1. Go to the FireStick home screen. Navigate to the top-left corner and select the Search option
2. Search for the Fox Sports app and click it in the search results
3. Click the Fox Sports icon followed by the Download/Get button on the next screen
4. Click Open when Fox Sports has installed
5. Click Sign In on the Fox Sports app interface
6. Sign in with your Email Address and Password
7. Click Skip when this prompt is displayed to sign in with your TV provider
8. Click OK when you see this popup
9. You are now redirected to the main screen of Fox Sports. You will see the option to stream Sports Bowl whenever the game starts.
How to watch Super Bowl 2022 outside the USA for free
There are a few ways to watch Super Bowl 2022 outside the United States for free with a VPN.
A VPN will unblock Super Bowl 2022 for you no matter which part of the world you live in.
I have tested several VPNs over the past few years and found that when it comes to unlocking geo-restricted content, ExpressVPN is the best. Whether you want to unblock Netflix, Hulu, or any other streaming service, ExpressVPN has tons of undetected servers.
ExpressVPN is also highly secure as it uses military-grade encryption technology. What’s also very important is that ExpressVPN is extremely fast. You need a fast and reliable connection for streaming.
With ExpressVPN you also get a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you cancel within 30 days, you are refunded the full amount.
So, the first thing you want to do is get ExpressVPN. Follow these steps:
1. Visit the ExpressVPN website and sign up for the service. You will get a 49% discount as well as 3 months of extra service
2. Download the ExpressVPN app on your device. You can get ExpressVPN from the official app stores for mobiles or download it from its website on computers. It is available on Amazon Store (FireStick, Fire TV, Kindle devices), Google Play Store, Apple App Store
The following screenshots have been taken on a FireStick/Fire TV device
3. Click Open when the app has installed
4. Sign in with your ExpressVPN account
5. Connect to a server (choose the country depending upon the service you are using to unlock Super Bowl 2022)
Watch Super Bowl through BBC iPlayer
BBC iPlayer will be one of the official streaming partners of the Super Bowl 2022. The good news is that BBC iPlayer is free.
The only roadblock is that BBC iPlayer is available only in the UK. Thankfully, this can be easily overcome by connecting to a VPN server in the UK.
1. Connect to a UK server on your computer or mobile (as instructed above) and go to https://account.bbc.com/register?
Sign up for a free BBC One account
2. If you want to stream Super Bowl via BBC iPlayer in a web browser, go to the following link and sign in with your BBC One account you just created https://bbc.com/account/tv
Note: Make sure you are still connected to a UK VPN server
If you see the following prompt while trying to play a video, click I have a TV License. Watch now.
3. If you want to watch Super Bowl 2022 on FireStick using BBC iPlayer, you will need to sideload the BBC iPlayer app
First, install the Downloader app
4. Enter the following link in Downloader and install BBC iPlayer: http://bit.ly/bipl2
5. Connect to a UK VPN server
6. Open the BBC iPlayer app and sign in as instructed in the image below
That’s it! When the Super Bowl 2022 broadcast has begun, you will see the option to stream it here.
Stream Super Bowl 2022 via Fox Website on FireStick
If you live outside the US, you cannot download the Fox Sports app from the Amazon Store. However, you can still use the Fox Sports Website by connecting to a US VPN server.
Here are the steps:
1. Connect to a US VPN server on your computer or mobile
Visit the Fox Sports Website and sign up for a free account (detailed instructions provided above): https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/super-bowl-2020
2. Now, on your FireStick open ExpressVPN and connect to a US server
3. On your FireStick home screen, select the Search option in the top-left corner
4. Search for a browser app (say Amazon Silk Browser) and click it in the search results
5. Click the browser icon on the next screen (‘Internet’ for Silk Browser)
6. Click Download/Get on the following window
7. Click Open when the browser has installed
8. Visit the Fox Sports website https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/super-bowl-2020
Click the Get Started button
9. Sign in with the Fox Sports account you created or login with Facebook
10. When Super Bowl 2022 has kicked off, you will see the option to stream it for free
So, these are the many ways you can stream Fox Sports on FireStick and many other devices including mobiles and computers. Super Bowl is one of the most watch games in the USA and with the methods I have provided in this guide, you will not miss a single moment of the action. Let me know your thoughts via the comments section below.Legal Disclaimer - FireStickTricks.com does not verify the legality or security of any add-ons, apps or services mentioned on this site. Also, we do not promote, host or link to copyright-protected streams. We highly discourage piracy and strictly advise our readers to avoid it at all costs. Any mention of free streaming on our site is purely meant for copyright-free content that is available in the Public domain. Read our full disclaimer.
Disclosure - FireStickTricks.com is reader-supported blog. When you buy a product through links on our site, we may earn commission. Learn More