In this guide, I will take you through the installation guide of TVZion on FireStick. The method laid out in this guide also works on Fire Stick 4K, Fire TV, and Fire TV Cube.
TVZion is one of the newer on-demand apps for Android that lets you watch the free media including your favorite movies and TV shows. This app offers you a simple and incredibly easy to use interface. TVZion is a hundred percent remote-friendly, making it a great choice for your FireStick device. The app has a solid library of content, offering you hundreds of hours of free entertainment.
Unlike many other on-demand apps, TVZion lets you start streaming with just a click. It usually doesn’t display the list of the links for you to choose from. Instead, it picks the healthiest link and starts playing the content immediately.
I have been constantly looking for the best Terrarium TV alternatives ever since the service discontinued. I am glad I have found some good options. TVZion is definitely going to my list of top streaming apps.
TVZion is not just for FireStick but also for other Android TV devices, such as Android TV and Android TV Boxes. You can also use it on your Android smartphones and tablets. In fact, if you have an Android emulator, you can install this app on your Windows and Mac computers as well.
Attention FireStick Users: Read before you continue
Governments and ISPs across the world monitor their users' online activities. If found streaming copyrighted content on your Fire TV Stick, you could get into serious trouble. Currently, your IP is visible to everyone. I strongly recommend you to get a good FireStick VPN and hide your identity so that your movie viewing experience doesn’t take a bad turn.
I use ExpressVPN which is the fastest and most secure VPN in the industry. It is very easy to install on any device including Amazon Fire TV Stick. Also, it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you don't like their service, you can always ask for a refund. ExpressVPN also has a special deal where you can get 3 months free and save 49% on annual plan.
TVZion on FireStick: Installation Steps
FireStick lets you download and install the third-party apps like TVZion. But, for that, you must change one security setting. Apps like TVZion are considered ‘third-party’ because they do not come from the Amazon Store.
Here is the setting you need to change:
1. Power up your FireStick or Fire TV device and from the home-screen navigate to the menu bar on the top and select Settings
2. From the options in the Settings, click My Fire TV or Device
3. Next, open Developer Options
4. Now, check whether Apps from Unknown Sources is enabled (ON) or disabled (OFF). If it is disabled, click it and turn it ON
5. When the following message appears, go ahead and click Turn on
By doing this, you set up your FireStick to install third-party apps, such as TVZion.
I will now take you through the step by step process to install TVZion on FireStick. Here is what you need to do:
6. The first thing you need to do is install an app that facilitates side-loading of third-party apps on FireStick. You need such an app because you cannot download the APK files directly through a web browser on FireStick.
I recommend Downloader, the best sideloading app for FireStick I have come across.
You could easily download it from the Amazon Store. Simply open the Search function of FireStick from the home-screen and look up for the Downloader app. By following the onscreen instructions, you will have Downloader in no time.
Now that you have installed the Downloader app, follow the steps below:
7. Go ahead and run the Downloader app. Click the Home tab on the left sidebar of this app. On the right click the URL field where the source URL will be entered
8. Now, using the onscreen keyboard and your FireStick remote, type in the following URL and click GO: https://www.firesticktricks.com/tvz
9. Downloader app will instantly start to connect to the server the URL is pointing to. When the connection is established, the app will begin to download the TVZion APK on FireStick. Wait for the download to complete
10. The moment the APK is downloaded, Downloader immediately initiates the installation by executing the file. Following is the window you see next.
11. Now, simply wait for the installation to finish. It should not take more than a minute
12. When TVZion app has been installed on FireStick, you are notified with the message saying App installed. The Open button on the bottom right will launch the TVZion app right away. But, we don’t want to do that yet.
13. You are now back to the Downloader app interface. You must see the following prompt. Click Delete
The reason why I want you to delete the TVZion APK is because it will free up some space on the limited device storage. When the APK has installed an app, it is no longer required.
14. Click Delete again to finally delete the TVZion APK on FireStick
Well, that’s pretty much all you need to do. You have successfully installed TVZion on FireStick.
TVZion on FireStick: A Quick Overview
Now you know how to install TVZion on your FireStick device. Let’s now explore it.
The first thing you want to do is open the app. Since you have just installed the app, you may not see it on your FireStick home-screen. Here is how you can access the app:
- Hold down the Home button on your FireStick remote for a few seconds until you see a new pop-up window
- Click Apps on this new window
- You now see the list of all your installed apps. Navigate to the bottom of the list and that’s where you will find the TVZion app.
Before we proceed, let me also quickly tell you how to move TVZion to the FireStick home-screen:
- Select the TVZion app icon
- Press the Menu key on your Amazon FireStick remote
- A new menu pops up on the bottom right of the screen
- Click Move
- Now move the icon and drop it in one of the top two rows
Let us now explore this app.
When you run the TVZion app for the first time, here is the pop-up you are welcomed with. The pop-up says that TVZion is ad-free and encourages you to make donations. If you want to donate, click Donate. To go to the TVZion app interface, click OK.
You can also find the Donate option in the main menu later.
Here is how the home-screen of TVZion on FireStick looks like. As you can see, there are two tabs on the top for TV & Movies. The TV tab is selected by default.
The categories are on the left and the featured shows in the category on the right. Same is the case with the Movies. If you are looking for something specific, you can click the Search option on the top right.
When you click the menu in the top-left corner, you see the following options. As I told you, there is Donate option right there. It also has the TVZion home option and TV & Movies option along with Watch List.
Click the Settings option in the menu and you will see the following options. Even though TVZion is a free app, it restricts the initial playback time to 500 hours. You can add more playback time by clicking the option Add more playback time.
But, I have noticed that the Add more playback time does not really work on FireStick. It is for the Android users who have access to Google Play Store.
The initial allocated 500 hours is actually a lot of viewing time. I can watch 250 movies of 2-hrs each. I can watch 600, 50-minute episodes. It will take me several months to exhaust 500 hours. However, if you are running out of playback time, you may always uninstall and reinstall the app.
To get more playback hours, you can also make donations using Amazon Card or Bitcoins.
So, that is probably all you need to know about TVZion on FireStick. Simply install the app and start watching your favorite content. TVZion APK is lightweight and takes only a few minutes to install. Furthermore, the small size also makes sure that the app is easy on your device. Go ahead and give this app a try.
- How to install Cinema APK
- How to install Kodi
- How to install Morph TV APK
- How to install Solex TV
- How to install Theater Plus APK
Disclosure - FireStickTricks.com is reader-supported blog. When you buy a product through links on our site, we may earn commission. Learn More