In this tutorial, I will show you how to install 13 Clowns Video addon on Kodi 18.1 / 18.0 Leia / Krypton 17.6. You can use the instructions provided here to install this addon on FireStick, Android Mobiles, Computers and all other devices compatible with Kodi.
13 Clowns Kodi addon is one pleasant surprise I stumbled upon only recently. After testing and using it for a while, it made complete sense to share it with you. This addon not only brings to you the regular movies and TV shows, it also packs some delightful specials. For instance, you will find a whole catalog of old movies sorted by decade. Then, there are some popular movies delivered as developer’s favorites. You will also find the Monthly Spotlight section with some cool specials.
Update: The addon initially employed the Lambda Scrapers, also used by the very popular Exodus Redux addon. However, the developers have dropped Lambda and replaced it with a community-based Civitas Scrapers. Civitas wasn’t doing well initially, but now it works fine on both Kodi Leia and Krypton.
How to Install the 13 Clowns Kodi Addon
The installation process is broadly divided into two parts as follows:
- Part 1: Allow Installation from Unknown Sources
- Part 2: Install the 13Clowns Video Kodi Addon
The detailed instructions below will cover both the parts. Let’s get started
Part 1: Allow Unknown Sources
This is a prerequisite to allowing the installation of the addons obtained from the third-party sources. These are the addons that are not the part of the official repository of Kodi.
Due to security reasons, such addons are not allowed. But, when you are installing a safe addon like 13Clowns Video on Kodi, you don’t have to worry about this setting. Here is how you change it:
1) After launching Kodi, stay on the home screen and click the Settings option in the upper-left corner (it is the cog icon you should be looking for)
2) Now open the item System settings
Click System if you use Kodi 18 Leia
3) Go ahead and select the menu item Add-ons on the left part of the next window. Once you do that, go to the right part and switch on the option that reads Unknown Sources
4) This prompt wants to make sure you know what you are doing. Click Yes and continue
Let me now guide you through the installation steps. The process is simple. All you need to do is follow each step carefully. Here we go:
Part 2: Install 13 Clowns Addon on Kodi
13Clowns addon installation process involves adding the source, installing the repository and installing the addon from the repository. Here is how it goes:
1) Open the Kodi Settings one more time after navigating back to the home-screen
2) On the following window, open File manager (it’s in the top-left in Kodi Leia 18)
3) Go ahead and click Add source as you see in the image provided below
4) Click <None> option on the window that pops up next
5) With the help of the onscreen keyboard that you see next, go ahead and enter the following URL: http://www.13clowns.com/repo
Before hitting the OK button, recheck the URL to make sure it is correct
6) You will be back on the window where you previously clicked <None>. Navigate to the field labeled Enter a name for this media source
Now enter a name you want to identify this source with. For instance, I am naming it 13clowns
Recheck everything one more time and click OK
7) You have added the source. Now go to the Kodi home-screen again and click Add-ons
8) Click the Package Installer (it is in the top-left corner and appears like an open box. Check the image)
9) Click Install from zip file
10) Click 13Clowns or the source name you added earlier
11) Open the zip file repository.13clowns-x.x.x.zip
‘x.x.x’ represents the version number of the zip file. While writing this guide, 1.0.15a was the available version.
12) Now, wait for the 13Clowns Repo Add-on installed notification, which is displayed on the top-right of the window.
You have successfully installed the desired repository. Let’s install the addon now.
13) Click Install from repository on the same window where you clicked Install from zip file earlier
14) Next, click 13Clowns Repo
15) Open Video add-ons
16) Click 13Clowns Video
17) Go ahead and click Install on the bottom-right
18) Wait for the addon installation to complete. You will get the acknowledgment in the form of the notification saying 13Clowns Video Add-on installed (it appears on the top-right of your display)
That will be all. You have successfully installed the 13 Clowns Kodi addon.
Before you start streaming with 13Clowns on Kodi, I would like to warn you that everything you stream with Kodi will be visible to your ISP and Government. This means, streaming copyrighted content (free movies, TV shows, Sports) might get you into legal troubles.
Kodi users are strongly advised to connect a VPN while streaming. I always connect ExpressVPN on all my streaming devices and I suggest you do the same. A VPN for Kodi will bypass ISP throttling, Government Surveillance, and geo-restriction on popular Add-ons.
So, before you start streaming, here’s how to get VPN protection in 3 simple steps.
Step 1: Get the ExpressVPN subscription HERE.
Step 2: Click HERE to download and install the ExpressVPN app on your device.
Step 3: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That’s all. Your connection is now secure with the fastest and best VPN for Kodi.
We never promote or encourage copyright infringements. But, we don’t want you to end up in the legal hassles either. Furthermore, we believe in the right to privacy and are its strong proponent.
Quick Overview of 13 Clowns Kodi Addon
To access this addon, go to the Kodi home-screen and from there navigate to Add-ons > Video Addons
That’s what you see on the main-screen of 13Clowns Video. With categories like Movies & TV Shows, it looks like a regular addon for on-demand content. But, it comes with some specials as well. There is 13Clowns Random Favorites, which, as the name suggests, features some popular movies, mostly old.
Click the Movies category and you will find some special subcategories like Actor Collections, Boxset Collections, Christmas Collections, Kids Collections, Car Movie Collections, and old movies chronologically arranged by decade.
If you want to watch new flicks, scroll down and you will find the regular categories like Genres, Most Popular, Most Voted, New Movies etc.
In the next section, I will show you how to properly set up Civitas Scrapers. It may help if you are getting the ‘No streams’ error while trying to play your favorite videos.
Fix 13 Clowns No Stream Available Error: Set up Civitas Scrapers
If you can’t get the videos to play or the requested videos aren’t fetching any streams, here is the solution that might work.
1) Click Choose Scraper Packages on the main-screen of 13Clowns Video addon
2) Make sure Providers tab on the left is selected. You will notice that Civitas Scrapers is chosen as the Scraper Provider. The developers have removed Lambda and Global scrapers.
3) Click Open Civitas Scrapers Settings
4) A new window will pop up. Again, keep the Providers option on the left selected. On the right, click Civitas Scrapers Default Providers
5) Now click the Foreign tab on the left and on the right click Enable All Foreign Providers
6) If you have a paid subscription of Real Debrid, click Debrid Only on the left and on the right click Enable All Debrid Providers
7) Once everything is taken care of, click OK
That may fix the No Streams issue
I discovered this addon only recently (as I write this guide) and it took me only a quick look to get impressed. 13 Clowns Kodi addon has some special categories hard to find in other popular addons. I am a big fan of classics and it has a solid library of movies from as far back as the 50s.
13 Clowns also serves you the latest movies and TV shows. In simple words, it is a complete package. It has replaced Lambda Scrapers with Civitas Scrapers. A lot of streams are not playing. I hope that’s due to the transition and 13Clowns will be back to high-quality streaming again.
Related:Liked the Guide? Don't Forget to Share with your Family & Friends
Legal Disclaimer - FireStickTricks.com does not verify the legality or security of any add-ons, apps or services mentioned on this site. Also, we do not promote, host or link to copyright-protected streams. We highly discourage piracy and strictly advise our readers to avoid it at all costs. Any mention of free streaming on our site is purely meant for copyright-free content that is available in the Public domain. Read our full disclaimer.