This post will show you how to install the Frankenstein addon on Kodi. The instructions here apply to any device compatible with Kodi, including FireStick, Fire TV OS, Android TV, Smartphones, PC, Mac, and others.
What Is Frankenstein?
Frankenstein is a video-on-demand addon for movies, shows, documentaries, and other types of videos. It is a third-party addon from the unofficial repository, Where the Monsters Live.
In addition to films and series, this addon offers various other categories, including One Click, Gore and Stuff, Frankenstein 24/7, Horror, and more.
Frankenstein is now added to our line-up of trending and featured addons for Kodi.
Attention, Kodi Users!
Kodi Addons and builds offer unlimited streaming content, but could also get you into legal trouble if caught streaming free movies, TV shows, or sports. Currently, your IP is visible to everyone. Kodi users are strongly advised to always connect to a VPN while streaming online. A good Kodi VPN hides your identity, bypasses government surveillance, geo-blocked content, and ISP throttling (which also helps in buffer-free streaming).
I personally use ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is very easy to install on any device including Amazon FireStick. You get 3 months free and save 49% on its annual plans. Also, it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you are not satisfied, you can always ask for a refund.
Is Frankenstein Kodi Addon Safe & Legal?
As I told you, Frankenstein is a third-party Kodi addon, and it comes from the Where the Monsters Live repository, which is an unofficial source. Unfortunately, for such addons, we may never conclude whether they are 100% safe or not.
However, you may consider certain indicators to determine if the addon is safe. For instance, I have this addon installed on multiple devices. It has not caused any trouble or downloaded any malicious software.
Furthermore, I scanned the zip file of the repository with an online antivirus program. The antivirus raised no flags and declared the repository safe. Therefore, I am assuming that Frankenstein is safe.
Here is the screenshot of the virus scan:
Whether or not Frankenstein is legal is a different argument altogether. Again, being a third-party addon from an unofficial source puts its legitimacy to question. FireStickTricks does not have ample resources to determine if the addon obtained the licenses to distribute movies, shows, and other videos. Therefore, we don’t know if it is legal.
We never encourage copyright violations. However, we also want you to be safe. Therefore, I recommend using ExpressVPN for Kodi to avoid legal issues. ExpressVPN will encrypt and hide your streaming activities from everyone.
How to Install Frankenstein Kodi Addon
Third-party addons like Frankenstein require a few more steps than the official ones. Therefore, the process might get a little complicated. However, I have simplified everything by breaking the process into these sections:
- Part 1: Allow Unknown Sources
- Part 2: Install Where the Monsters Live Repo
- Part 3: Install Frankenstein from the Repo
Let’s get started:
Legal Disclaimer: This tutorial is purely educational. FireStickTricks.com doesn’t own, host, operate, resell, or distribute any streaming apps, addons, websites, IPTV or services. The page contains some unverified services, and we are not certain whether they hold legal licenses to distribute the content. FireStickTricks.com does not verify the legality of each app/service in all regions. Do your due diligence if you use any of the unverified apps/services, and stream only content that is available in the public domain. The end-user shall be solely responsible for the media accessed.
Part 1: Allow Unknown Sources
This part is required because Kodi would not let you install addons from unknown sources (third parties) by default for security reasons. Therefore, you will change a Kodi setting that will enable the installation. Follow the steps below:
1. Open the Kodi Settings menu from the home screen (click the cog icon in the upper-left area).
2. Open System on the following window.
3. Highlight or click Add-ons on the left. Next, click the switch for Unknown Sources on the right and enable it.
4. Click Yes on this prompt to proceed.
5. Now, click Update official add-ons from on the same window.
6. Choose Any Repositories. You have allowed the repositories to install their addons automatically by doing this.
Part 2: Install the Repository
Where the Monsters Live Repository hosts the addon. We will install this repository following the steps below:
1. Go to Kodi Settings one more time.
2. Click File manager on this Kodi page.
3. Click Add source on this window on either side (or if you are on a computer, double-click it).
4. On this prompt, click where you see <None>.
5. Carefully enter the following URL in the text field: tiny.one/wtmlk19
You want to ensure that there are no typos. The wrong URL will hinder the installation process. Click OK.
Note: FireStickTricks.com is not associated with those who host this URL. This URL points to the original source of the repository.
6. Back on this window, you should see wtmlk19 filled automatically in the media source name box. Click OK.
I am keeping this source name. However, you may change to any other name you like. Choose a name that is easy to remember. You will need it later.
7. Press the back button and go back to the Settings window. Click Add-ons.
8. Click Install from zip file.
9. Click the source name wtmlk19 or any other custom name you provided earlier.
10. Open the zip file of the repository repository.Wherethemonsterslive.
11. It should take only a few seconds for Kodi to install the repository. The notification is displayed in the top-right area of this window.
You have successfully installed the repository.
Steps to Install Frankenstein Addon on Kodi
The only thing we are left with is installing the addon. Follow the steps below:
1. Click Install from repository.
Note: If you navigated away from the previous window, go back to the Kodi home screen and click Settings > Add-ons.
2. Open the Where the Monsters Live Repository.
3. Choose Video add-ons.
4. Click Frankenstein.
5. Click Install in the bottom-right area of this window.
6. Click OK on this additional add-ons popup.
7. You can see the installation progress on the screen. It should not take more than a couple of minutes to install the Frankenstein Kodi addon.
8. The Frankenstein Add-on installed notification appears in the top-right corner.
You have installed the Frankenstein Kodi addon.
Before you start streaming with Kodi Addons or Builds, I would like to warn you that everything you stream on Kodi is visible to your ISP and Government. This means, streaming copyrighted content (free movies, TV shows, live TV, and Sports) might get you into legal trouble.
Thankfully, there is a foolproof way to keep all your streaming activities hidden from your ISP and the Government. All you need is a good VPN for Kodi. A VPN will mask your original IP which is and will help you bypass Online Surveillance, ISP throttling, and content geo-restrictions.
I personally use and recommend ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is compatible with all kinds of streaming apps and devices.
NOTE: We do not encourage the violation of copyright laws. But, what if you end up streaming content from an illegitimate source unintentionally? It is not always easy to tell the difference between a legit and illegal source.
So, before you start streaming on Kodi, here's how to get VPN protection in 3 simple steps.
Step 1: Get the ExpressVPN subscription HERE. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Meaning, you can use it free for the first 30-days and if you are not satisfied with the performance (which is highly unlikely), you can ask for a full refund.
Step 2: Click HERE to download and install the ExpressVPN app on your streaming device. If you are using a FireStick, I have given the exact steps starting with Step 4 below.
Step 3: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That's all. Your connection is now secure with the fastest and best VPN for Kodi.
The following are the steps to install Kodi VPN on your Fire TV devices. If you have other streaming devices, follow Step 1-3 above.
Step 4: Subscribe to ExpressVPN HERE (if not subscribed already).
Step 5: Go to Fire TV Stick home screen. Click Find followed by Search option (see image below).
Step 6: Type Expressvpn in the search bar and select when it shows up.
Step 7: Click Download.
Step 8: Open the ExpressVPN app and Sign in using the email ID and password that you created while buying the ExpressVPN subscription.
Step 9: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That’s all. Your FireStick is now secured with the fastest VPN.
How to Use Frankenstein Addon on Kodi
You start by accessing the addon from the home screen of Kodi. On the home screen, without clicking, highlight Add-ons in the menu bar on the left. Now, navigate to the right part of the window and click Frankenstein in the Video add-ons section.
This is the main or opening window of the Frankenstein Kodi addon. As you see, it offers multiple categories for video streaming. For example, you can explore Movies, TV Shows, One Click, and more.
The categories on the main screen may either list the titles straightaway or have subcategories. For instance, the Movies category on the home screen has several subcategories, including Genres, Year, Decade, People, Languages, Certificates, and more.
Start exploring the addon. You will notice that it is easy to browse and use.
Steps to Use Real-Debrid with the Frankenstein Kodi Addon
Frankenstein Kodi addon provides free streams. However, the free ones are not always reliable. Therefore, I recommend using the premium service Real Debrid with the addon and Kodi.
With Real Debrid, for nearly $4 a month, you get access to tons of high-quality streams and a buffer-free experience. You may sign up for Real Debrid to experience the difference.
If you already have a Real Debrid account, here are the instructions to use it with the Frankenstein Kodi addon:
1. Click Tools on the main screen of the addon.
2. Scroll down and click Resolve URL: Settings.
3. Select Universal Resolvers 2 on the left, followed by (Re)Authorise My Account on the right.
4. Note down the code that appears on your screen. Go to real-debrid.com/device in any browser and enter this code. You may need to sign in with your Real Debrid account if you haven’t done that already.
5. Once the authorization is successful, you will see the notification in the top-right corner.
How to Sign In to Trakt on Frankenstein
If you want to keep track of your watchlist, you may set up Trakt with Frankenstein. To know more about it, follow our complete guide on Trakt.
If you already have a Trakt account, follow these steps:
1. Click Tools on the addon home screen.
2. Scroll down to the bottom and click Trakt: Authorise.
3. Note down the code on the popup on your Kodi screen and go to trakt.tv/activate in any browser. Enter the code and authorize Trakt. You may need to sign in with your Trakt account in the browser if you haven’t done that already.
4. To determine whether you have successfully authorized Trakt, go to addon Tools > Settings.
5. Click Trakt on the left. You should see your Trakt username on the right in the Authorise field.
This post demonstrated how to Install the Frankenstein Kodi addon. You also learned to use this addon, set up Real Debrid with it, and sign in with your Trakt account. The Frankenstein addon gives you multiple options to watch movies and shows. How do you like this addon? Let us know through the comments section below.
- How to Install Taz 19 Kodi Addon
- How to Install SealTeam6 Kodi Addon
- How to Install No One Kodi Addon
- How to Install Torque Lite Kodi Addon
Disclosure - FireStickTricks.com is reader-supported blog. When you buy a product through links on our site, we may earn commission. Learn More