You will find the steps to install the Wave Kodi Build in this tutorial. The tutorial contains screenshots taken on Windows 11 PC. However, the installation process applies to any device capable of running Kodi, including FireStick (4K, 4K Max, Lite, 3rd Gen, and older versions), Fire TV Cube, Smart TVs, Android TVs, Mobiles, Linux, macOS, Windows 10, and more.
What is Wave?
Wave is one of the Kodi builds that let you experience Kodi differently. This build offers a new skin that changes the interface of Kodi. I find the new interface more user-friendly.
Furthermore, compared to the default Kodi interface, the Wave build makes finding and watching your favorite content much easier. The build lines up trending and recommended videos on the home screen.
The Wave build provides content through various third-party Kodi addons, such as Homelander, Asgard, Nightwing, Mad Titan Sports, Rising Tides, Kodiverse, and more. It bundles some top-rated addons with installation so you can start streaming immediately. You don’t need to install addons separately.
The Wave build is part of the cMan Wizard (which itself comes from the unofficial cMan Repository).
Attention, Kodi Users!
Kodi Addons and builds offer unlimited streaming content, but could also get you into legal trouble if caught streaming free movies, TV shows, or sports. Currently, your IP is visible to everyone. Kodi users are strongly advised to always connect to a VPN while streaming online. A good Kodi VPN hides your identity, bypasses government surveillance, geo-blocked content, and ISP throttling (which also helps in buffer-free streaming).
I personally use ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is very easy to install on any device including Amazon FireStick. You get 3 months free and save 49% on its annual plans. Also, it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you are not satisfied, you can always ask for a refund.
Read: How to Install and Use the Best Kodi VPN
Is Wave Kodi Build Safe & Legal?
At FireStickTricks.com, we are not digital security experts. Therefore, we cannot claim that the build is entirely safe. However, I can give you some references.
For instance, I checked the cMan Repository installation zip file with a popular online antivirus tool, Virus Total. The results showed that no threats or malicious files were found. The image below is the screenshot of the scan result:
Furthermore, I have this build on my Windows 11 for a few days. The antivirus on my PC has also not raised any red flags. Therefore, I am assuming that the Wave Kodi build is safe.
The legality of the build is a tricky point. I told you in the beginning that the Wave build will redo the interface of the Kodi app and make the display more user-friendly. There is absolutely no problem with that. Kodi is an open-source application. You are free to tweak it in whichever way you like.
However, I also told you that the build bundles some third-party Kodi addons. These addons are not part of the official Kodi repository. Therefore, it is impossible to know whether they have streaming rights for the videos they distribute.
You can avoid any legal hassles by watching the videos in the public domain, even using unofficial addons. However, if you are unsure, the best way forward is ExpressVPN with the Wave Kodi build. With ExpressVPN, you will encrypt and hide your online activities and maintain complete privacy.
How to Install Wave Kodi Build
I will show you how to sideload the build from the unofficial repository cMan Wizard Repository. This repository is hosted on an external source. Therefore, you will add the web address of the source during installation. But before that, you must grant sideloading permission to Kodi.
All of this, put together, results in a long set of instructions. However, the process is still straightforward. Follow the steps in each section in the correct order, and you will install the Wave build within a few minutes.
Let’s start now!
Legal Disclaimer: This tutorial is purely educational. FireStickTricks.com doesn’t own, host, operate, resell, or distribute any streaming apps, addons, websites, IPTV or services. The page contains some unverified services, and we are not certain whether they hold legal licenses to distribute the content. FireStickTricks.com does not verify the legality of each app/service in all regions. Do your due diligence if you use any of the unverified apps/services, and stream only content that is available in the public domain. The end-user shall be solely responsible for the media accessed.
Part 1: Grant Sideloading Permission to Kodi
Sideloading means installing a build or addon from an unofficial source. Kodi Setting prevents you from sideloading for security reasons. However, follow these steps and tweak this setting to allow sideloading:
1. Run the Kodi app and click Settings on the home screen by accessing the cog icon under the Kodi logo in the upper-left area.
2. Access the System option on the following screen (bottom-right).
3. On this menu, choose Add-ons in the left panel. The right part of the window reveals an option, Unknown Sources. If the switch is greyed out, click it and enable it.
4. When the following prompt appears, click Yes to dismiss it.
5. You will notice that the Unknown Sources switch is no longer greyed out. It is enabled.
Part 2: Add the cMan Wizard Repository Source
In this part, you provide the web address or location of the cMan Wizard Repository source to Kodi. Follow these instructions:
1. Go to the Settings window from the home screen again and click File manager.
2. You should see a screen with similar options on the left and right. Click Add source once (on most devices) or twice (on a PC).
3. This should bring up a dialog box to add the source. Click where it reads <None>.
4. Type the web address of the source using the onscreen keypad (or the physical keyboard on a computer) http://cmanbuilds.com/repo
To accept the URL, click OK after rechecking it for any typos.
Note: Wave Build is hosted on an external source. This URL points to that source. FireStickTricks.com is not associated with the developers or entities that created the build or the repository.
5. Before saving the source, let’s give it a memorable name. You will use this name later, so it must be identifiable with the repository. The textbox for the media source name currently has a generic name repo. Click the box to change it.
6. Type Cman or any other name of your choice and click OK.
7. The textbox now shows the custom name we picked, Cman.
8. Click OK to continue and save the source address.
Part 3: Install the cMan Repository and the cMan Wizard
You can install the Wave Kodi build from the cMan Wizard. You can install the cMan Wizard from the cMan Wizard Repository. And you will get the repository from the source you just added. Follow my lead:
1. Open the Kodi Settings window one final time and click Add-ons.
2. Select and open Install from zip file.
3. Click Yes to confirm you wish to continue. This prompt does not appear on Kodi 20.
4. Click Cman or your chosen source name while adding the source.
5. Click the repository zip file on the next screen (repository.cManWizard-x.x.x.zip). This file will install the repository on Kodi.
6. Wait for the repository installation notification in the top-right corner. That’s it! In the next few steps, we will install the cMan Wizard. Stay on this screen.
7. Click Install from repository.
8. Open the cMan’s Wizard Repository we installed moments ago.
9. Select and click the folder Program add-ons.
10. Go ahead and click cMan Wizard 19 on the next screen.
11. This window gives a snapshot of the cMan Wizard. Click Install.
12. You may follow the installation progress on the screen. It usually takes less than 60 seconds. Wait for the installation completion notification in the top-right corner.
13. A prompt asks if you wish to enable any options. You may select the desired options if you are not resetting Kodi before installing the Wave Kodi build. However, it is recommended that you install Wave or any other build after resetting Kodi. In that case, any setting you select will be wiped out anyway. More in it later.
14. By choosing the cMan Build Menu button, you can go to the catalog of the builds and pick the Wave build. However, if you click Close or wish to install the build some other time, you will find the instructions to access the build menu in the next section.
Part 4: Install the Wave Kodi Build
Finally, we install the Wave build on Kodi. Follow the steps below:
1. Go to the Kodi home screen and select Add-ons in the sidebar on the left. Next, go to the right and click cMan’s Wizard in the Program add-ons row.
2. Click Builds in the top-left corner.
3. Click the Wave build on the list in the box on the left. You can see the build preview in the box on the right.
4. Click Fresh Install (remember I told you we would reset Kodi before installing the build). However, if you decide to retain some settings, click Install instead.
5. Click Yes to confirm your choice.
6. Wait. The build files are getting downloaded on your device.
7. Next, the Wizard will install the build. It should not take more than a minute.
8. Kodi will ask you to click OK to force close the app and save the changes.
That’s it! The installation of the Wave Kodi build is now complete.
Before you start streaming with Kodi Addons or Builds, I would like to warn you that everything you stream on Kodi is visible to your ISP and Government. This means, streaming copyrighted content (free movies, TV shows, live TV, and Sports) might get you into legal trouble.
Thankfully, there is a foolproof way to keep all your streaming activities hidden from your ISP and the Government. All you need is a good VPN for Kodi. A VPN will mask your original IP which is and will help you bypass Online Surveillance, ISP throttling, and content geo-restrictions.
I personally use and recommend ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is compatible with all kinds of streaming apps and devices.
NOTE: We do not encourage the violation of copyright laws. But, what if you end up streaming content from an illegitimate source unintentionally? It is not always easy to tell the difference between a legit and illegal source.
So, before you start streaming on Kodi, here's how to get VPN protection in 3 simple steps.
Step 1: Get the ExpressVPN subscription HERE. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Meaning, you can use it free for the first 30-days and if you are not satisfied with the performance (which is highly unlikely), you can ask for a full refund.
Step 2: Click HERE to download and install the ExpressVPN app on your streaming device. If you are using a FireStick, I have given the exact steps starting with Step 4 below.
Step 3: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That's all. Your connection is now secure with the fastest and best VPN for Kodi.
The following are the steps to install Kodi VPN on your Fire TV devices. If you have other streaming devices, follow Step 1-3 above.
Step 4: Subscribe to ExpressVPN HERE (if not subscribed already).
Step 5: Go to Fire TV Stick home screen. Click Find followed by Search option (see image below).
Step 6: Type Expressvpn in the search bar and select when it shows up.
Step 7: Click Download.
Step 8: Open the ExpressVPN app and Sign in using the email ID and password that you created while buying the ExpressVPN subscription.
Step 9: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That’s all. Your FireStick is now secured with the fastest VPN.
How to Use the Wave Build on Kodi
Launch the Kodi app and wait a few minutes for the build to set everything up.
You see a new home screen of the Kodi app. The menu bar is now horizontal and at the bottom. There is a submenu as well.
The build displays three menu options or categories at a time. For example, after selecting the Movies category, the build displays Kodiverse and TV. The submenu options change based on your menu selection.
If you have picked a streaming category (such as Movies, TV, etc), the submenu will display the addons bundled with the build.
While the submenu displays only a handful of addons, you can view the complete list by going to System > Video Addons.
The image below is the first page of the list of preinstalled addons. Scroll down to view more.
Steps to Set Up Real Debrid with Wave Build
It is easy to set up Real Debrid with the Wave build. I recommend doing it to enjoy high-quality and high-resolution video streams. Follow the steps below:
1. Go to the home screen of the Wave build and select System in the main menu. Now, click Resolve URL in the submenu.
2. A popup window appears. Click the option Universal Resolvers 2 in the box on the left. Go to the right and enable the option Enabled if it is disabled. Leave it if it is already enabled.
3. Next, click the option to Authorise the Real Debrid account as highlighted in the image below. Wait for the popup.
4. The popup on your screen has a code. Authorize RD on Wave build with the code at real-debrid.com/device. You may need to sign in to your RD account.
Use Trakt with Wave Build
If you have a Trakt account, you want to use it with the Wave build to sync your streaming activities online with other apps and devices.
Unlike Real Debrid, you can’t configure Trakt universally. You must set it up individually with each addon. Let me demonstrate how to sign in to Trakt on the Homelander addon. The steps are pretty much the same for other addons. Here are the easy steps:
1. Go to System > Video add-ons.
2. Click Homelander.
3. Click Tools. If you are using any other addon, look for a similar option if you don’t see Tools.
4. Scroll down and click Trakt Authorize. Some addons have the option Accounts, which opens up another window to select and authorize Trakt.
5. Go to trakt.tv/activate and then authorize the Wave build with the code on your screen.
6. You won’t see any notification upon successful authorization. However, you can confirm by going to Homelander Tools >Settings.
7. Click the Trakt tab in the box on the left. In the Authorise section, you should see your Trakt username.
This post demonstrated how to install Wave build on Kodi. You can now enjoy tons of new options on the new Kodi interface. The build also features several Kodi addons for streaming movies, shows, live TV, sports, and more. I hope the installation process was easy to follow.
- How to Install Plutonium Kodi Build on FireStick
- Hard Nox Kodi Build on FireStick
- The Boys Wizard Kodi Builds
- How to Install Doomzday Kodi Builds
Disclosure - FireStickTricks.com is reader-supported blog. When you buy a product through links on our site, we may earn commission. Learn More