In this tutorial, you will learn to install Newest Movies HD APK on FireStick. Newest Movies HD is an entertainment app for on-demand movies and TV shows.
By this time, there is a fair chance you already know that Terrarium TV is no longer available officially. You can use the patched version of Terrarium TV, but it will never get updated with the new content. That was some sudden and sad demise of an incredible app. But, all is not lost. I have been on a quest to find good Terrarium TV alternatives and have discovered a bunch of viable options.
Newest Movies HD offers a wide range of Movies and TV Shows. It is a lightweight app that stays easy on your FireStick. Therefore, I thought I might give it a chance as a Terrarium TV alternative. The app isn’t completely compatible with the FireStick remote. However, if you use it with the Mouse Toggle, you will have a decent experience. Let’s now see how to install Newest Movies HD on FireStick.
Newest Movies HD: Installation Instructions for FireStick
Before you could install any app on FireStick from outside the Amazon Store, you need to allow the Apps from Unknown Sources. So, to install Newest Movies HD app, here is what you need to do:
1. Turn on your FireStick device and when it loads up, select the Settings option from the menu bar on the top (on FireStick home-screen)
2. Now, navigate to the option Device and open it
3. Next, click Developer Options
4. If the Apps from Unknown Sources is presently switched off, you will need to turn it on. Click the option to switch it on
5. Now select Turn on when the following window appears with the warning that third-party apps from the unknown sources could cause harm to your device. That’s true for the apps that haven’t been tested but not for Newest Movies HD. It’s a safe app.
You have successfully set up your FireStick device to allow the third-party apps from the unknown sources. Let us now get on with the installation process.
Side-loading of any app on FireStick is primarily a two-part process – in the first part you download the APK of the app, in the second part you install that APK. The following steps will cover both the parts together for Newest Movies HD APK.
Here we go:
6. Go ahead and install the Downloader app from the Amazon Store. You need this app because it will help you download and sideload the Newest Movies HD APK onto your FireStick device. You cannot download an APK directly from a web browser on a Fire TV or FireStick.
It takes only a few minutes to install this app. Just select the search option on the FireStick home-screen and look up for the Downloader app
7. Run the Downloader app when you have installed it. This is what the home screen of this app looks like.
As you see, the left side has a sidebar with a bunch of options. The top option Home is already selected. You simply need to navigate to the right side and click the text field for URL
8. You now see a new window with the letters and numbers. Use this keypad to type in the following URL: https://www.firesticktricks.com/nmhd
When you are done, hit the GO button or simply press the Play/Pause button on your FireStick remote
9. The downloader will begin to establish the connection with the server to which the URL is pointing. In a few moments, the Newest Movies HD APK will start to download on your FireStick
The download should not take more than a minute as Newest Movies HD is a small app.
10. Next, click Install to start installing the app on FireStick
When the Newest Movies HD app is installed, you will be notified with the following window saying: App installed
On the bottom, there are two options. As expected, the Open button will launch the Newest Movies HD app. Though, I am going to click Done. This will allow me to go to the Downloader app and delete the Newest Movies HD APK file.
Why am I deleting this file? Because the app is now installed. APK file is of no use. It is a good practice to keep clearing up the FireStick storage whenever you get the opportunity. This way it will remain uncluttered.
When you see the following on your FireStick screen, click Delete
Again, click Delete
There you go! Newest Movies HD APK app has been successfully installed on your FireStick device. Next, we learn how to access and use this app.
Newest Movies HD on FireStick: How to Access
You would probably already know your way around your device and how to access any apps you have installed recently. But, a lot of my readers have trouble locating the apps after installation. So, let me give a quick rundown of how to access Newest Movies HD (or any app) on FireStick.
All your installed and cloud apps can be accessed from the section called Your Apps & Games. To get there, follow the steps below:
- Long press the Home button on the remote of your device (about 3-4 seconds)
- When the pop-up window is displayed, click the first option Apps
- Here it is, the list of all your FireStick apps you have installed
- Go to the bottom of the list and run the Newest Movies HD app
Did you notice that Newest Movies HD app that you have just installed is on the bottom of the Your Apps & Games list? This is the reason why you can’t find the app on the FireStick home-screen.
The apps in the top 2-3 rows show on the home screen. So, if you want to access Newest Movies HD app from the home screen, here is what you need to do:
- Select the Newest Movies HD app in the Your Apps & Games
- Long press the Select button on the remote or simply press the menu key on the remote and click Move option that appears on the pop-up menu on the bottom right of your screen
- Move the app to top row (or any of the first three rows)
- Press the Select button again to release the app
- Now, go back to the home-screen of FireStick and run the Newest Movies HD app from there
How to Use the Newest Movies HD App
The Newest Movies HD app has a regular looking, familiar interface. It’s the kind of interface common among such apps. So, if you have used Terrarium TV or likes, you should have no difficulty at all using this app.
Run the app and this is what you see. If a new version of the app is available, a prompt to install that new version will appear prominently on the top half of the app’s home screen. I recommend installing the update quickly as it will not only let you get rid of the annoying prompt but also give you the most up to date version of the app.
The home screen of the app displays the latest added titles and also the featured titles in various categories. The default screen opens to TV Shows.
There is a menu on the top-left, which you can use to switch between Movies & TV Shows. The menu has other options too, including New Update, Cartoons, Watchlist, Recent Release, History, and more.
You can also go to the app Settings from the menu
On the top-right of the app is the search option (lens icon). Click this icon to look up for any movies or shows with keywords. For instance, you can type the name of a movie or actor to look for the related video content
Newest Movies HD is an Amazon FireStick remote-compatible app. But, I have noticed that sometimes it doesn’t respond well to the remote commands. To spare yourself any frustration and to make things smoother, I recommend using Mouse Toggle with this app. Mouse Toggle will make your life a lot easier with Newest Movies HD.
Newest Movies HD is not the best on-demand app for FireStick as it isn’t truly good with the remote. However, it has a solid collection of movies and shows and it works alright if you have a Mouse Toggle. Therefore, I have put it as one of the alternatives to Terrarium TV. If you don’t like this app, there are a few others you can try. Here is our recommended list:Liked the Guide? Don't Forget to Share with your Family & Friends
Legal Disclaimer - FireStickTricks.com does not verify the legality or security of any add-ons, apps or services mentioned on this site. Also, we do not promote, host or link to copyright-protected streams. We highly discourage piracy and strictly advise our readers to avoid it at all costs. Any mention of free streaming on our site is purely meant for copyright-free content that is available in the Public domain. Read our full disclaimer.